A380 will NOT come to Brussels on 26 June

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

744rules

Post by 744rules »

Buzz wrote:Why does all the trafic has to stop while the A380 is on the ground? It's not THAT big...
I think the traffic WILL stop if everybody will see the flying giant.

As for the runways : I thought the runways do not make a problem (maybe some take-off performance restrictions), but the width of some taxi-way might
motorcycling : sensation with a twist of the wrist

teach

Post by teach »

But one thing is sure,if he really can land,take-off and taxi without probs, and EBBR is providing the A380 on the airport than the national airport will get a lot of contracts from big liners!!
Like who? Trust me on one thing: airlines do not select where to fly A380 based on which airport can handle the plane, but on on where the capacity of the A380 is NEEDED. And, sorry to say, BRU isn't that place. The one possble exception would be Jet Airways. If they were to order the A380, I could see them routing it through BRU, but as long as that doesn't happen, there is not a chance in hell anyone will fly the plane here on a regular basis.

ostend_airport

Post by ostend_airport »

Bottie wrote:
Brubiac wrote:This new is confirmed.
The A380 will come to BRU to perform some touch & go's.

So hold all traffic just for some touch & go's?

Maybe Ostend is a better option, almost no traffic to hold :D
Let it come to Ostend, I'll be waiting! :D

greetz
yves

Bruspotter

Post by Bruspotter »

Hello

This is fantastic news! Just got to be there!!!

Find it a bit weird that it flies whole the way here just for ,what is almost just a touch-and-go. Anyway, I'm very happy he finally visits Belgium :P

I guess it could arrive between 14-15hrs, because that is REALLY a calm period (not to say a 'dead' period in landings).

Hope to hear more soon ;)

Best regards: Yannick ;)

ostend_airport

Post by ostend_airport »

teach wrote: Like who? Trust me on one thing: airlines do not select where to fly A380 based on which airport can handle the plane, but on on where the capacity of the A380 is NEEDED. And, sorry to say, BRU isn't that place. The one possble exception would be Jet Airways. If they were to order the A380, I could see them routing it through BRU, but as long as that doesn't happen, there is not a chance in hell anyone will fly the plane here on a regular basis.
I think they just want to give the option for it. You never know if Emirates plans a flight to Brussels ;)
Who knows, maybe Etihad :D

Maybe this is a 'dream come true' story? Future will tell.

greetz
yves

b-west

Post by b-west »

Great, on my free day... that'll be a nice day trip to BRU :)

FLY4HOURS.BE

Post by FLY4HOURS.BE »

I read touch & go's in the plural form...
Which is even greater!!! Let's see what this beauty can do!!

Greets
Fly4hours, making the path to airline pilot affordable to all

Skyfighter

Post by Skyfighter »

teach wrote:
But one thing is sure,if he really can land,take-off and taxi without probs, and EBBR is providing the A380 on the airport than the national airport will get a lot of contracts from big liners!!
Like who? Trust me on one thing: airlines do not select where to fly A380 based on which airport can handle the plane, but on on where the capacity of the A380 is NEEDED. And, sorry to say, BRU isn't that place. The one possble exception would be Jet Airways. If they were to order the A380, I could see them routing it through BRU, but as long as that doesn't happen, there is not a chance in hell anyone will fly the plane here on a regular basis.
Ok you've got a point :D but if you think :

United is using there 777's now to EBBR,jet airways,northwest,delta,american,egypt air,aeroflot is back in town,easyjet,...

Have a little patience and let EBBR first get his low cost terminal in tact.
And BELIEVE me EBBR can handle much traffic. Only the state does not allow that. So I hope in the future things will change.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

i dont see how can an A380 be usefull in brussels.

BRU is a small local airport when taken in the european or world standard.

The only thing i see coming is the freight version ... in LGG :-)

teach

Post by teach »

United is using there 777's now to EBBR,jet airways,northwest,delta,american,egypt air,aeroflot is back in town,easyjet,...
Of all the airlines you've mentioned, not a single one has ordered the A380. United isn't using the 777 to Brussels, they use the 767. The short period of 777 flying they have planned will be because of scheduled maintenance on the 767 fleet. Even if they DID fly it here, it would still be a very far cry from an A380. If they needed more capacity than a 777, they'd much sooner simply add a second daily flight than go A380. NW flies the 757 here, DL and AA will never order the A380, Aeroflot (which has never been 'out of town') flies the A320 here! And EasyJet? Are you kidding?
And BELIEVE me EBBR can handle much traffic. Only the state does not allow that.
What do you mean, the 'state does not allow that'? Not allow what? There is no limit to the number of flights or passengers at BRU, except for nightflights.

ostend_airport

Post by ostend_airport »

Acid-drop wrote: The only thing i see coming is the freight version ... in LGG :-)
I don't think that will be in the near future. As you al know, there are no orders for the freight version since de cancellation of FedEx. The project has been put away untill it will be economical to continue.

greetz
yves

itami

Post by itami »

teach wrote: Of all the airlines you've mentioned, not a single one has ordered the A380.
However don't forget Singapore Airlines and its big plans for Brussels. :idea:

Bruspotter

Post by Bruspotter »

Hello

teach:
If several 'Jumbo's' visit BRU a day, than in the future why no A380?

Believe me for sure : Someday there WILL fly A380's to BRU. Providing BRU is growing in pax numbers, flight numbers and maybe a little in capacity. Besides that... never thought of the extensive cargo market at BRU? If I remind , Singapore has interest for the A380F :D , BRU is quite the european hub for SQ Cargo, guess where we will see these SQ A380F's?

Best regards: Yannick ;)

teach

Post by teach »

If several 'Jumbo's' visit BRU a day, than in the future why no A380?
Because most all of those 747s are freighters, and the freighter version of the A380 has been put on hold indefinately with zero orders?
If I remind , Singapore has interest for the A380F , BRU is quite the european hub for SQ Cargo, guess where we will see these SQ A380F's?
As I said: don't expect to see an A380F anytime soon. I mean, I love the A380, and hope we WILL see it here sooner or later, but for passengers it simply isn't going to happen (barring the one tiny possibility of 9W), and for normal cargo it seems the 747-8F is better. Only exception where A380 is better is for parcels, and since that activity is going to pretty much vanish from BRU soon...

eurofighter

Post by eurofighter »

I am sure that the A380 will never fly to Brussels for scheduled passenger traffic, unless Jet Airways can make their India-US routes via Brussels VERY succesful. India is truly a growth market with a population double that of the EU. Otherwise I don't see any demand, because the A380 is produced for big hub to big hub traffic. Brussels is in the aviation world perspective a small to medium hub good for point to point intercontinental traffic in 767 size planes, possibly 777 on succesful routes.

Maybe once in the future if the Benelux countries jointly manage to host the world football championship....

ehamspotter

Post by ehamspotter »

Hello;

As I read, touch and goes... :P
Isn't the chance bigger that they will do this on 25R in stead of 25L, because Zaventem is located just after the 25L??
This would be quite pitty... :( µ

And is it already for 100% sure that she will come that day, becuase, i didn't seen a source (from airbus by example) yet...

But I will be there for sure that day:D :D :D

rgds:Jeroen

Ivan_Eagle

Post by Ivan_Eagle »

Hello

Can somebody tels me, quiq as possible what time it arr.
I have school until 10.10.
My arr at 25L would be 10.50, I hope it arr later!.
Thanks already.

Greats CI

Tompompier

Post by Tompompier »

Great news, I'll be there 8) . But can someone tell me... where do you guys get this info??

Tompompier

Avro

Post by Avro »

I'll certainly be there !! Let's hope for nice wheater :)
Tompompier wrote:where do you guys get this info??
From the magic crystal ball ;) The mystery will always live among us...

Chris

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

I am afraid I can't be there ... will be on a flight from BCN that day (evening) :cry: :D

Danny