Brussels Airport safety measures

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

Hasjie

Brussels Airport safety measures

Post by Hasjie »

Is there anyone who can tell my something about the safety measures that are taken by brussels airpot since 9/11?
Or is there anyone who can help me with interesting links on this topic?
Thanks a lot !!!!!!

744rules

Post by 744rules »

discussing safety and security on a public forum ???????????????

Come on, use your common sense :!:
motorcycling : sensation with a twist of the wrist

JOVAN

Post by JOVAN »

Stupid answer from 744rules.

Look at BRU Website under B2B > Airport Security.

Other articles under News > Archives

We pay almost 25 EUR per ticket for our Security , so can we talk about it ?

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

JOVAN wrote:Stupid answer from 744rules.
No need to be harsh! 744rules is generally well informed about everything at BRU.
André
ex Sabena #26567

cherdt

Post by cherdt »

I have to agree with 744rules. I am involved in AirportSecurity @ BruAirport. It's pretty obvious that I cannot discuss this topic here or anywhere else. Sometimes its very hard not to get involved in discussions about this matter on this forum. If it makes you feel better I can let you know that BruAirport takes security very very serious compared to other Airports in Europe. You should not believe all things you read on the internet about this topic.
744rules wrote:discussing safety and security on a public forum ???????????????

Come on, use your common sense :!:

JOVAN

Post by JOVAN »

Look at Google "veiligheidsmaatregelen zaventem" to get some info.

Plenty of articles.

The airport security at BRU is expensive, un-efficient, slow, un-friendly...
As usual the Security people consider themselves as very special, above the crowds, untouchable, very intelligent...

And what a fun to play the master over the passengers.

Very impressed.

krist0f

Post by krist0f »

Well the security people at BRU are just doing their jobs, whether or not we like it is irrelevant. I've never experienced any unfriendliness of the security staff at BRU. The only issue I've had is them confiscating a 125ml bottle of cologne while the maximum is 100ml. But then again, the rules state 100ml and I was carrying more than the rules prescribe so I was in no position to argue with security staff there.

However, I do have to admit that I find some of these rules quite ridiculous, like the rule to segregate 100ml liquids in the transparent plastic bags. Anyways enough bashing of the European establishment's silly laws; there's a neat thing I'd like to share with the community regarding airport security. I was recently at Moscow's DME and I flew business class which has a separate security check area that leads out to the business lounges. In this area they're using a scanner like cabin that you have to go stand in, raise your hands and it has scanners on either side of you which rotate around you 180 degrees. I have to say that I find this method a lot more effective and time saving that the measures at other airports; I mean there's no more need for taking off your shoes, belts, watches, coins, jewelry or whatnot. I've had countless occassions that I've been in line at security behind people who because of their religious believes do not want to remove certain metallic objects and the like and it's a real pain in the behind! I was very pleased to see DME implement this new scanning technology because it can deal with all that without physically "invading" the person's privacy and/or religious believes. Actually, it seems that DME is just testing this system but from a passenger perspective I find it to be a lot more efficient, although I'm sure that when it comes to cost it'll weigh heavily on any airport's budget. But then again, if they're fooling around with all this security regarding liquids I would find it quite hypocrite not to consider installing such a scanner.

Anyways, I believe security controls at Brussels airport are a lot stricter than at many other European airports that I've gone through. I'll be flying through BRU again tomorrow so hopefully I'll not forget about the 100ml rule by then ;)

Cheers,

Kris.

AFApresident

Post by AFApresident »

Indeed X-raying is very effective ... :shock:

:shock:

Hakske

Post by Hakske »

JOVAN wrote:Look at Google "veiligheidsmaatregelen zaventem" to get some info.

Plenty of articles.

The airport security at BRU is expensive, un-efficient, slow, un-friendly...
As usual the Security people consider themselves as very special, above the crowds, untouchable, very intelligent...

And what a fun to play the master over the passengers.

Very impressed.
People like you dont deserve any form of security ...

Security officers are just normal people, we do what our superiors tell us to do. I do admit some of our guys are not always happy and smiling but thats because there are a lot of annoying, selfish and unfriendly passengers (just idiots). People should know that when they fly they should not take any liquids in containers of more than 100ml in their hand luggage. So if you have some shaving foam of 125 ml in your bag you'll loose it, don't try to argue or insult the security officer because WE ARE DOING OUR JOB so next time you fly, keep in mind that we dont just do what we want ... we do what we're told to do and if you dont like that, jump in the car and drive, or go by train ... or swim ... but just dont take an airplane because you'll get trouble and you'll only make it worse for you and for the security officers.