Super maneuverable MiG-29 OVT with functional thrust vectori

A place to discuss military aviation: airshows, stunning pictures, weapons, etc...

Moderator: Latest news team

moons

Super maneuverable MiG-29 OVT with functional thrust vectori

Post by moons »

Hello,

It's some tme ago that I've posted something. I'm busy because of the final exams so I don't have much time these days.
Maybe I can make it up with this little videoclip. Really nice show...

http://www.flightlevel350.com/Aircraft_ ... -6391.html

greets

ElcoB

Post by ElcoB »

MiG held a competition for naming the MiG-29OVT aerobatic maneuver demonstrated at this year's Farnborough airshow. The maneuver had been referred to as the "boomerang" before the competition, which was won by Tim Robinson, deputy editor of Aerospace International magazine (Great Britain).
He called it the "Cossack powerslide," which the MiG company has translated into Russian as "Kazatskiy zamakh." For his prize, Robinson was given a ride in a MiG-29UB trainer, which was flown by MiG chief pilot, Hero of Russia Pavel Vlasov, on 12 September at the Gromov Flight Research Institute.
The Cossack powerslide maneuver consists of the airplane turning around three axes simultaneously while moving at first in an upward trajectory, transitioning to a downward movement, then pulling out into the reverse direction from which it had entered the maneuver.
MiG plans to demonstrate the MiG-29OVT at AeroIndia 2007 in Bangalore, Le Bourget in 2007 and at MAKS-2007.

MIG-29 OVT VIDEO

earthman

Post by earthman »

I think Red Bull should start a jet version of their Air Race, using this plane.