Poland cracks open its skies

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

Flybe

Post by Flybe »

Very interesting to read! Although i'm not a big fan of LCC's, i'm still hoping that some will fly from Belgium to Wroclaw or Warsaw. Hehe, my girlfriend is Polish you see, and chances are quite possible that she will again study in Poland next year, after a year of Erasmus in France...

So travelling there very cheap would be great for me! Cross your fingers for me! Let's hope that VEX or Ryanair picks up this route! (preferably VEX, since i like BRU much as an airport.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Flybe wrote:Although i'm not a big fan of LCC's, i'm still hoping that some will fly from Belgium to Wroclaw or Warsaw. Hehe, my girlfriend is Polish you see, and chances are quite possible that she will again study in Poland next year, after a year of Erasmus in France...

So travelling there very cheap would be great for me! Cross your fingers for me! Let's hope that VEX or Ryanair picks up this route! (preferably VEX, since i like BRU much as an airport.
There is indeed a rumour saying that VEX will open BRU-WAW next spring.

I am also very interested: my wife (a stronger relation than just a girl friend...) Terenia is Polish too.

But SN BA offers good deals from time to time: at Valentine's day this year it was € 99.00 return, plus taxes.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Flybe

Post by Flybe »

There is indeed a rumour saying that VEX will open BRU-WAW next spring.
That would be really great! Also because VEX offers (in my eyes) still a little bit more service then "real" LCC's and still has quite low prices.

Last year i only flew twice to WAW (besides taking the bus and so on, to save money), once from CDG with AF and once through Copenhague with SAS, both at that time the cheapest i could find. AF was 250€ (Thalys to Paris included) and SAS around 275€ at that time. Keep in mind that for example when i went with AF, i only knew 1 week in advance that i would go to WAW, so i had to take what was still left... Hehe, you remember that it was snowing so much then in february? I was in that snowstorm, and they closed CDG that day! 8O Man was i lucky that it wasn't an LCC then! Hotel plus dinner and breakfast for free! Only one day less in Warsaw... :(

Anyway, i really hope that VEX would start flying there, if then i'm stuck in brussels, i can just go home, and in Warsaw i can just go back to my girlfriend :P , so i don't need any hotel then!

Greets,

Pieter

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

SNBA has a big promotion to Poland these days: "Profit in Poland with Privilege"

From November 1st 2003 to March 31st 2004 Privilege members flying from Brussels to Warsaw can clock up double Privilege miles in both Business and Economy Class.

Plus, there is a great new promotion that gives you more value for money when you spend those miles as well - during the same period you can get a free Economy Class ticket to Warsaw for just 15,000 miles, a free Business Class ticket for just 20,000 miles and a free Companion ticket in Economy Class for just 10,000 miles.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

That really makes me wish I was going to Poland instead of Belgium next year! I bet SNBA won't be having frequent flyer promotions between Belgium and England.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise