Any experience on Afriqiyah?

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Zorba

Any experience on Afriqiyah?

Post by Zorba »

Hello,

During the Easter holiday we are planning to go to Libya, with Afriqiyah off course :P Anyone who has experience with that airline?

Best Regards,
Rutger
Tot hier en verder

vliegtuigfreak

Post by vliegtuigfreak »

Hey Rutger! I found some trip reports on the net.
--> http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/afriqiyah.htm
Enjoy!

Greetingzz
Sonny :wink:

EBAW_flyer

Post by EBAW_flyer »

Are you sure? I mean why would you go to Libya? Kinda wierd. We do the check-in for Afriqiyah (unfortunately) and I have never seen a local passenger (tourist) for Tripoli. Only or locals who return home or tourist/ locals who have connections to central Africa. If you're lucky the flight leaves within 3 hours of the scheduled departure because it makes an "extra" stop at CDG or if you are unlucky it just gets cancelled. I mean first of all; Libya is not actually known for its friendliness towards western countries and second of all Afriqiyah is one of the worst airlines to fly to Brussels I guess. But have a nice trip! It will be very "adventurous" (if you even get a visa for Libya) :lol:

chunk

Post by chunk »

There are plenty reasons to go to Libya on vacation. Spectacular scenery and amazing roman ruins and actually very friendly people. It shouldn;tbe too hard to get a visa, just a little time consuming!

Just ask the tens of thousands of Italians that go there on vacation every year!

There are many places now that have had their problems in the past and are now great places to visit such as Vietnam or Lebanon also - it seems that some places can't shake off an image that has been out of date for many years....

Sorry for the OT rant. As for Afriqiyah...no idea. I suggest getting the KLM flight to Tripoli - you can get a good price if you book an advance on their African specials....or perhaps Alitalia as they go every day...but its Alitalia.

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

Thanks for the info. I looked through some websites about Libya, and all tell the people there are very friendly!

We will see which airline we will take, thanks for the info :)
Tot hier en verder

Comet

Post by Comet »

I once had a penfriend in Libya (Bengazi) and he used to send beautiful postcards of the scenery and ancient ruins. It borders other countries which tourists wouldn't think twice about visiting and has some of the same kinds of attractions. I think there was a British war cemetery near where he lived and I think he used to help keep the graves in good condition.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise