CRL - ROM/CIA and back with Ryanair

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
airazurxtror

CRL - ROM/CIA and back with Ryanair

Post by airazurxtror »

14 dec 2005 - Ryanair flight 6105 : Charleroi 0750 - Rome Ciampino 0935, Boeing 737-800 EI-CSX.
Take-off 15 min late due to ATC delays at Roma; and indeed we did a 360° over il lago di Bracciano prior to landing.
At Ciampino, there is still the twin piston-engined seaplane as gate guardian on the military side. Inscribed : on the nose, a large "15-8"; on the tail : 15° stormo, SAR, HU16A, MM 51-035. I think it is a Grumann Goose ??

Same day, Ryanair flight 6108 : ROM/CIA 2030 - CRL 2215; same aircraft.
Good old Ciampino : a bit cramped, but there is now a new boarding area
with ten more gates, offering a panoramic view on the apron and the runway.
Take-off a bit before schedule, and a very smooth landing at CRL.

Everything included, I paid Ryanair 40,90 euros for this trip - with Virgin, it would be more like 100 euros (and with SNBA, likely some 400 !)
Long live Ryanair !

rares_dan

Post by rares_dan »

Indeed!!! CRL is not BRU, CIA is not FCO but 40 euro are not 400. For a 360 euro difference u save 1 hour of u're time and get a meal on the plane. Some think that it's worthing.

In 2001 everybody predicted that nobody will use Brussels Charleroi. After 4 years Ryanair has 16 routes from here, Wizzair 2 and other LCC will apear.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Thanks for nice report of nice experience.

If CRL is further away from Brussels City than BRU, CIA is closer to Rome than FCO!
André
ex Sabena #26567

rares_dan

Post by rares_dan »

Inspite of the fact that CIA is closer to Rome city center(Termini train station) it's more convenient(time&money) to fly to FCO. But CIA isn't bad. is a succesfull secondary airport used by many LCC: Ryanair, Easyjet, Wizzair, Sterling, Smart Wings and others.

teddybAIR

Post by teddybAIR »

@ rares_dan

To met the difference of € 360 is not merely for the food and the hour advantage. I can also leave home much later as BRU is easier to reach, I don't need to buy a train ticket all the way to Charleroi, and - by far the most important factor for me - a have a guarantee that I'll be on a flight without having to buy another ticket.

greetz

bAIR

rares_dan

Post by rares_dan »

You're trying to say that if you book trought Ryanair you don't have the certainess that u'll be on that flight without paying some "extrataxes"?! Comme-on!!! If u're on time the flight is guarenteed. OK it happends that in case of strikes(we well know that italy is one of the UE countries where this kind of actions are frequent) the flight is canceled but this is what also happends with SNBA's or any other airline's flight. And in this case ryanair offers the posibility to reschedule the flight or to take u're money back(without the credit card process fee - bad think!!!).

I don't know u or others, but I will always going to choose the cheapest way to get from A to B(for trips taking no more than 3 hours an for travel periods diference no longer than 2-3 hours). If I want to go from BUD to Barcelona for example I will chose Wizz's flight to GRO if this one and the bus transfers to the city will be at least 50-60 euro cheapest than a flight to BCN. With those 50-60 euros I can make another booking for another trip.

So with 300 euro(let's say that the other 40 euro were spent on Brussels city - CRL nd back way), @airazurxtror can do a lot of flying!!!