Is this Belgium's Rarest Beer?

This is the place to hang out when you have finished your aviation related discussions, please remain always friendly and respectful against each other! Offensive and/or racist remarks are not allowed.
Comet

Is this Belgium's Rarest Beer?

Post by Comet »

Although Leffe is brewed by a massive brewing concern, one of the types is a :censored: to find! The Vieille Cuvee version. I last had one in 2000 and have not seen them on sale since (apart from in a small shop in Antwerp!) With the other Leffes being easy to find anywhere in Belgium (and indeed all over the place) then why is this version so hard to get? Rare beers such as Westvleteren is easier to find than this Leffe!

Is there anywhere which sells this rarity because Bier Tempel doesn't.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

To my knowledge, Leffe Vieille Cuvée is not brewed any longer. There are four commercial types of Leffe: Brune (the original one, 1240), Blonde, Triple and Radieuse (amber-red). The first two are 6.5°, the latter ones are stronger.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

Thanks alot for that Andre, you have saved us alot of time trying to track down this elusive brew. Pity it's not made any more, it was a pleasant drink and I would have liked to have sampled more than one. I have tried all the other Leffes and I have to confess a preference for the darker ones like Brune and Radieuse.
Louise

VC10

Post by VC10 »

And, strange to relate, we actually managed to buy that one and only bottle in Scarborough!!!!!
The Voice of Freedom will never be silenced.

Trisha

Comet

Post by Comet »

We actually came across a bottle of this rarity in Bier Tempel on Wednesday. Naturally we bought it and I will post a photo on here to prove it.
Louise

VC10

Post by VC10 »

Could it be that they brew a few bottles each year, then send single bottles out to various shops?
The Voice of Freedom will never be silenced.

Trisha