737 Pilots experience

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Pilot1234

737 Pilots experience

Post by Pilot1234 »

hi for all i am a person who is a pilot, i am interestend in 737 machines of all types and generations. classics to NG's. the first question i would like to start with and asking 737 pilots, can anybody tell me where to find real 737 procedures for realworld flying. from "dark cabin" to "securing and shut down" i will be thankfull. i have good knolage in 737 aircraft systems and avionics :D :D :D

bigjulie

Post by bigjulie »

www.b737.org.uk/index.htm

If you go to this site, you might find it usefull/interesting. It even has a quiz section on B737 systems=Good luck :wave:

bits44

Re: 737 Pilots experience

Post by bits44 »

Pilot1234 wrote:hi for all i am a person who is a pilot, i am interestend in 737 machines of all types and generations. classics to NG's. the first question i would like to start with and asking 737 pilots, can anybody tell me where to find real 737 procedures for realworld flying. from "dark cabin" to "securing and shut down" i will be thankfull. i have good knolage in 737 aircraft systems and avionics :D :D :D
Hi! what ratings do you currently hold, and are you type rated.
I am a little puzzled why you would use this forum to obtain this kind of information.

You might also be aware the FBI gets very interested in people who want to know intricate details of aircraft operation, without going through the normal training channels. And yes they do read all aviation websites and blogs.

KT

Knight255

Post by Knight255 »

I am a little puzzled why you would use this forum to obtain this kind of information.

Glad I'm not the only one that feels that way. During my time with AA I liberated a Boeing 737 flight manual which has every procedure (some 500 pages or so, I haven't counted). Will I release any of the procedures over the web.....HELL NO!!! Waaaaay too suspicious. I was told that if I wanted to get rid of it, I should DESTROY it, not just throw it away. That's how sensitive the material is. :roll:
"What's this button do?? I don't know, push it and find out................."

bits44

Post by bits44 »

I totally agree Tony, on one hand he is saying he has good knowledge of 737 systems and avionics yet he has no knowledge of the basics.

And somewhat lacking in the prerequisite skills in basic english.

Better to stay on the side of caution I would think.

KT

Knight255

Post by Knight255 »

I couldn't agree more.

bigjulie

Post by bigjulie »

Guys, you might be just too over-cautious :sad:

bits44

Post by bits44 »

bigjulie wrote:Guys, you might be just too over-cautious :sad:

You're right, we may be! but I'd rather err on the side of caution.

It may be completly inncocent, but some things just don't add up, and I notice there has been no reply from pilot1234.

I sincerely hope we're wrong, but with security concerns such as they are, he or she should reply and explain a little further.

KT

Knight255

Post by Knight255 »

Guys, you might be just too over-cautious
So you're suggesting that I write about how exactly to fly a 737 (every detailed procedure) over the web so that every terrorist can learn?!!!?!?!?!?!?! :x

bigjulie

Post by bigjulie »

Knight255 wrote:So you're suggesting that I write about how exactly to fly a 737 (every detailed procedure) over the web so that every terrorist can learn?!!!?!?!?!?!?! :mad:
No I am not suggesting that at all, but, pilot1234 should come back to this post & state his intentions or otherwise for the info!

Knight255

Post by Knight255 »

I agree, and the fact that s/he hasn't replied at all is what makes me suspicious.

Sebas

Post by Sebas »

Knight255 wrote:I agree, and the fact that s/he hasn't replied at all is what makes me suspicious.
Correct, in a situation like this you better give the DISadvantage of the doubt. The information requested should not be publicly available on the internet.

I also suggest the topic creator to learn to write normal English before attempting to read any specialized English a/c manuals.

Sebas

earthman

Post by earthman »

What exactly is so sensitive about these procedures anyway? And don't they differ between airlines?

Knight255

Post by Knight255 »

The manual that I have is the Boeing manual, not the revised AA version. This manual is issued (and is probably a wee-bit out of date) with every 737-800, it describes every procedure from before-start checklist to the shutdown checklist (including engine start procedures, autopilot/FMC programming + usage, etc...). So for a terrorist that wants to hijack a 737, what I have is a gold mine which is why I will NOT publish it on the web. :stop: :stop:

Avro

Post by Avro »

Ok ok. Guys please stop the discussion.

Nobody knows who Pilot1234 is I agree but this doesn't make him a terrorist yet.
I agree that it's a strange question he asks, I wouldn't post the manual either.

However I would suggest not to respond to this topic anymore since it's of no use.

Chris