Corendon - My worst experience ever

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Dude320

Corendon - My worst experience ever

Post by Dude320 »

Unbelievable, how they treat you... :evil: :evil:

Here the sched which I booked online in september :

BRUSSEL ISTANBUL (SAW) CAI858 13.10.2005 02:25 06:40

ISTANBUL (SAW) BRUSSEL CAI857 17.10.2005 13:45 16:15

12/10/2005 19.30 SAW via BJV ( Bodrum)

17/10/2005 SAW 05.45 - EIN 08:00 + Transfer by bus to BRU !!

No info if they cancelled the CAI858 to BRU, we had another flightnumber to EIN.

Is this acceptable ? Can we claim something or is this the way they can treat and handle us ??

Giving sched online and change even the DATE of departure ??

Clients must call the call center on the same day of departure ??

Never been treated like this before !!

Anybody else with the same experience ??

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Shall I say I am not surprised?
André
ex Sabena #26567

killerwhale65

Post by killerwhale65 »

do they actually fly at BRU? i know its in there schedule, but i never saw the plane at BRU yet.
Matthias Thoen
MicroWings - Aviation Hobby Store

TC-MNE

Post by TC-MNE »

yeah yeah... again a Turkish company

Avro

Post by Avro »

killerwhale65 wrote:do they actually fly at BRU? i know its in there schedule, but i never saw the plane at BRU yet.
Yes they fly to Brussels with their own B737's

Dude320

Post by Dude320 »

TC-MNE wrote:yeah yeah... again a Turkish company
Doesn t matter at all which "nationality" the carrier has...

It is about the value for money, respect and pax handling !!

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

I flew with them AMS-Antalya this september, very uneventfull flight, but on time... Can't complain about them.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

They will add more B737 to their fleet. They have a lot of interest in our country. Next year they are going to station permanently a B 737 at BRU.

It doesn't matter from which country the airline is come from, this can also happen with Ryanair.

regi

Post by regi »

Friends just had a cheap holiday with Mare tours from Bruges to a place near Izmir. It was dreadful from start to finish. Bad turkish charter company, I don't recall the name. Maran or something like that. Bad transfers, dirty hotel with chickens and dogs wandering around the 4 star hotel. But...you get what you pay for. Many lower middle class europeans travel to Turkey for the low price. But than they fly on dreadful hours, by dreadful charter companies, being pushed in a bus for the airport transfer. (In the brochure they say the hotel is about an hour from the airport. What they don't say is that the bus visits several hotels, making the trip take 2-3 hours around 3 or 4 o'clock at night. Thank you!) The hotels are always understaffed, or they lack good staff because the good ones have fled to the better paying employers. The rooms are dirty after the main season. Many facilities are broken. The so called "all included" turns out to be a morning buffet that is put outside next to the pool, added by some macaroni in tomato sauce, for the rest of the day, bombarded by hungry birds. My friends made a small movie showing the buffet being invaded by birds, and I could see the droppings around and IN the food. Wow. They have not more eaten in the hotel. they went out every day and kept all the food bills. Which they gonna reclaim, with the movies and pictures as a kind of pressure item.

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

regi wrote:...
You hear bad stories not only about Turky... I went in september with a friend lastminute, very cheap, Corendon Airlines (uneventfull, but on time), nice hotel (on the beach) & good food in the hotel...
Luckily it's not allways as bad as you discribe!

teddybAIR

Post by teddybAIR »

I guess we just have to take the time necessary to read the small words! To me this just sounds like another Ryanair-type story of somebody who complains after chosing for a cheap solution.

@Dude320:

If I may ask: how much did you pay for the flight? I hope it was not to expensive then!

gr

regi

Post by regi »

I don't really agree about that. Many people are not used to travel and buy a cheap holiday, having no clue what will happen to them. I think that some standards should be applied to protect those inexperienced travellers.

Dude320

Post by Dude320 »

Kostenoverzicht
Totaal : 436.- EURO

Note that the return flight was additional delayed by 2 hours !!

Rgds,

Dude320

Post by Dude320 »

teddybAIR wrote:I guess we just have to take the time necessary to read the small words! To me this just sounds like another Ryanair-type story of somebody who complains after chosing for a cheap solution.

@Dude320:

If I may ask: how much did you pay for the flight? I hope it was not to expensive then!

gr
I really don t agree with your reply.

It is not about complaining, if you would have looked in previous topics, you would have noticed that I mentioned about pax handling, respect and the value for money... (see higher !! )

Yes, we booked low cost (in comparison with Turkish, note that SNBA was even cheaper, but not flying on that dates.

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

Two questions:

You payed 436 euros for the flight only? I payed € 330 for flight to Antalya (from AMS) + transfers to Alanya + 7 nights hotel 3***+breakfast & dinner. Booked less than a week in advance...

Allso, is there an error in your first post? It seems impossible to land the 17th and post about it the 16th...

Dude320

Post by Dude320 »

Buzz wrote:Two questions:

You payed 436 euros for the flight only? I payed € 330 for flight to Antalya (from AMS) + transfers to Alanya + 7 nights hotel 3***+breakfast & dinner. Booked less than a week in advance...

Allso, is there an error in your first post? It seems impossible to land the 17th and post about it the 16th...
Yes, return was on monday 17/10 but on 16/10 when i was informed about
the sched change i made this post !

Rgds

AFApresident

Post by AFApresident »

I suggest youth hostels instead of "cheap" charter holiday packages.

I stayed near Lisbon for €8 per night in a youth hostel. Okay you share a room but if you are travelling with friends (we were with 7) you have the entire room for yourselfs. Plus the only time you spend in your room is to sleep anyway so it doesn´t need to be big or fancy.

You search some of the local restaurants and you can have an awesome dinner (not the tourist crap some restaurants give you) yet for a very reasonable price <€18 (including wine).

All in all I spent about €350 for 6days (including all food, traveling costs, flight, train tickets in belgium and portugal etc).

We did the same when we went to Madrid. We spent about €350 as well travelling with SN Brussels Airlines for 4days (Madrid is a little more expensive and youth hostel was close to €20/night (which is actually the normal price for a youth hostel)). The €8 we paid in Lisbon was very cheap, yet we were ON the beach and you didn´t have birds pooping on your food. By the way we had an awesome BBQ with plenty of food and drinks for only €6 per person. Ofcourse you need to go to the local supermarket to buy all meat/bread/drinks etc and you need to be in a group since otherwise you will pay more per person. But still that makes it so much more enjoyable to buy your own food or to eat every day in other restaurant. :oops: I am probably raised differently but those charter hotel restaurants where they offer the same buffet almost every day don´t seem too appetizing in my opinion.

Unless you want to pay higher prices to stay in comfortable hotels with good restaurants and travel in style I once again highly recommend organising your travel yourself and if you don´t like backpacking ... hostels are a great alternative.

Tip: You know a restaurant is good, if locals go eat there too :D.

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

Dude320 wrote:Yes, return was on monday 17/10 but on 16/10 when i was informed about
the sched change i made this post !

Rgds
A die-hard Luchtzakker :wink: Even online when on a holiday ... That's the spirit :D

bigjulie

Post by bigjulie »

You get what you pay for; if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys!