Flightcare

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Stij

Flightcare

Post by Stij »

Don't know if this is the correct forum, but it's a "handling experience".

I flew last night from BGY to BRU on TV. We were parked pretty far on the A pier, I was sitting on the very last row of the aircraft, left the aircraft as the last person, our group walked pretty slow to the baggage claim. We expected our luggage to be there already, but no: "baggage delayed". Finally the baggage was coming, then the screen informed us that all baggage was distributed. Of course my bag wasn't there. As I started walking to the Flightcare counter to declare my loss, all of a sudden more baggage came out, this time mine was there.

The screens at BRU inform you also about the performance of the handling agents: Aviapartner delivered 79% on time or something and Flightcare only 57%. So the good news is that I wasn't alone! The bad news is that this is not an exeption, but almost a rule.

Now my question: what the **** is going on at Flightcare??? I mean even in Italy you get your luggage faster!

Cheers,

Stij

lastrow

Post by lastrow »

"even in Italy"? - Is Italy that famous for a long delay when delivering the baggage? Recently, I have been travelling to Catania Airport (should be one of the worst then) and it was pretty OK. the had also our stuff after a 45 mins transit in MXP.

744rules

Post by 744rules »

Just a few items, but no excuses

- when you happen to arrive in a peakmoment, staff will be limited.
- when you are parked on the far end of the pier, it takes a while before the trolleys reach the building. This is due to the fact that the handlers use electric tugs (to allow acces inside the baggage hall) and their speed is limited to 30km/h (= is also max speed on the service drives)
motorcycling : sensation with a twist of the wrist

EBAW_flyer

Post by EBAW_flyer »

Mainly staff shortage indeed.
"even in Italy"? - Is Italy that famous for a long delay when delivering the baggage?
Rome FCO seems to be one of the worst airports in Europe. All the pax for FCO always want to take their luggage as handluggage because it is a nightmare to get your luggage in Rome (or it is delayed or it is lost).

Stij

Post by Stij »

Dear 747rules,

I understand your reasoning, but this was at 0:30 last night. I wouldn't call it a peak moment. And as I walk at 5km/h and the trolleys at 30km/h they should have an advantage over me.

Cheers,

Stij

744rules

Post by 744rules »

Stij,

you got a point there, but do not forget the bags have to be offloaded first as well.

Additionally, all traffic coming from a-pier needs to cross an active taxiway to reach the main building, and 00.30 is DHL time.

Nevertheless, it's a bad service towards the pax/client
motorcycling : sensation with a twist of the wrist

EBAW_flyer

Post by EBAW_flyer »

Especialy at night and during peak moments there is a (huge) staff shortage for the moment.

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

I don't get your point ... You say the screens mentioned "Baggage delayed", but you don't say how long your stayed at the luggage thing :?
Tot hier en verder

earthman

Post by earthman »

The ones at Schiphol never say 'delayed', they just keep pushing the 'expected time' forward. Pretty frustrating, you get to the belt at 9:04, the screen says 9:08, then it says 9:26, and then it says 9:40, aaaarghh.

I heard the railways in Holland also adopted, or wanted to adopt, something similar: trains would no longer be annouced as 'delayed'; instead, they would say 'the new arrival time is...'.

As to the sudden appearance of more baggage, the signs usually say 'all baggage offloaded' when everything has been dumped onto the conveyor, so it still might take some time before it arrives at the final belt.

Xyckie

Post by Xyckie »

I can tell you that there is a huge staff shortage at flightcare. During peak moments, there is no one to offload the bags, no one to bring the bags to the bag room, no one to put the chocks and ground power, for departure same : no gate agent, bags delivered too late at aircraft, no loading team, a red cap who is stuck on another flight.
I know this is really unpleasant for the passengers but please keep in mind, the staff is really doing their utmost!