Long waiting times at security checkpoints in Brussels

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
regi

Post by regi »

dear Erna,
can you inform us which flight you took between Khon-Kaen and Chiang Mai? As far as I know the only connection between a Isarn airport and Lanna is Udorn Thani-Chiang Mai, done by a 40 year old japanese turboprop.
But no Khon Kaen connection to Chiang Mai. Untill further notice off course.

Erna

Post by Erna »

Sorry I was not very clear on this... :oops:

CDG-KL-BKK - KL- CDG was with Malaysia Airways
BKK- Chiang Mai - BKK Thai Airways
BKK - Khon Kaen - BKK Thai Airways

744rules

Post by 744rules »

Just a few comments on BRU security.

BIAC has been panicking as there is the risk of getting the name of an "unsafe airport". When the airport users try to discuss these security matters, they say it's a European rule and thus unnegociable.
These very strict security matters are for both pax and staff, which has already created numerous probs. I heard a story of the airport doctor who had to look for about 15minutes to get into the A-pier as his acces was denied , pax being blocked in the jetways, ......

A-pier might need transformations, as arriving/departing pax are not separated.

Cargo apron as well will transformed into a bunker.

Airport police is very strict for the visual wear of both ID-card and safety jacket (but ignore this rule them selves). Rumour goes the security plan was denied by Europe and that some people want the BIAC security responsable to be fired

I can just hope this paranoia will not last too long.
motorcycling : sensation with a twist of the wrist

JetB

Post by JetB »

BIAC always liked to play games and make Securair crew do crazy things "because some new European rule :? ", but after a few weeks dropped these new rules like they never existed !.

@ Erna, The system is so that the agent has about 4 seconds to look at your bag, so what do you expect ?.
I know this sound bad but isn't airport security about giving a passenger a fake feeling of safety ?.

Did you know that :

For example DHL crew can get on the tarmac without any control !.

Cutters, Swiss knifes, .... are allowed for crew and are not taken away at the security checkpoints in the basement.

Securair staff is costing 50 % less than a cop from the federal police, "you pay peanuts, you get monkys !".

waldova

Post by waldova »

Not only DHL crew can get on the tarmac without control, also other sevices, like Cleaning, catering.
Also the people of jetair just have to open a door and they are on the tarmac. So security at BRU is far from optimal.

But what i'm sure of is that this problem doesn't only exist at BRU. I'm sure that most of the airports have this problem. Sealing of an airport 100% is almost impossible. You will always find a way. The challenge is to get it secured as much as possible and to find the leaks as soon as possible. But ofcourse for this you need to use a lot of money that somethimes can't be found.

Bowlie

My experience at Brussell Security - Terminal B

Post by Bowlie »

Well I flew out and back to Brussels last week. Having read this thread I made a point of getting to the airport as soon as I could (Taxi rather than Taxi/train) (€35 rather than €10) and got in the queue. I got the queue on the extreme right side which is supposed to be for staff and PRMs but they were screening everybody and just let these others jump the queue. Was a little shorter and moved a little quicker than the other lines.

I was prewarned so I had my lap-top out and guess what. They put my laptop bag in the tray, put my laptop on top of the bag and then put my jacket on top of the laptop. I started to say - That's stupid, but just bit my tounge. I don't mind security - but stupid security - PLEASE!

Oh, I didn't have time to do any shopping. :)

yagoceron

Post by yagoceron »

This is not specific to Brussels Airport, I've worked in four european airports and security is simply ridiculous.

I think the authorities should have a very good look at that, do security checking gates bigger with more personnel and that this personnel should be police officers and not private security agents that don't have a clue (I'm talking about BRU here as I vaguely remember it).