Volare seems to be outstanding

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
A318

Volare seems to be outstanding

Post by A318 »

Picked up my wife today from her europe trip and I asked her to keep a good eye on the service from the airlines she flew.
Her trip was the following:

AMS-BCN with Basiq Air 737-800
BCN-FCO with Volare A321
FCO-BRU with Virgin Express 737-300

The Basiq Air flight AMS-BCN was good but (like always) the landing was very hard.
Service on board was okay and the crew was friendly.
Seats standard as other LCC's for example Ryanair and EasyJet.

Then her flight with Volare BCN-FCO started with a 50 minute delay due to technical reasons. Durng this time people were waiting in the plane without airco and 32 degrees cabin temperature!
However the flight was very comfortable, with a good but normal service.
My wife noticed how spacious were these A321 seats, much wider then in the 737's fully leather and a bigger pitch. The landing was outstanding since nobody almost felt the plane touching down the runway which was regarded with a great aplaus from the passengers.
Prices on board were higher then on Basiq Air and Virgin Express.

Last but not least her flight today FCO-BRU with Virgin Express. Seats were standard 737 and the pitch too. Also with Virgin they received leather seats which were pretty hard and not as comfortable as with Volare. Cabin crew was very friendly as she already noticed with Basiq Air. Landing was again not one of the soft ones, she had the idea the aproach was pretty fast.

So especially for myself I am getting convinced about the Airbus 320 series and it's comfortable flight. I didn't have the chance yet to fly it but will keep my eyes open when I fly a LCC again if I can fly with an A320 serie, maybe Vueling.
I just wanted to share these experiences with you all.

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

OO-SBZ

Post by OO-SBZ »

Thanks for the comparative flight-reports!

Regard

BeN :idea:

Avro

Post by Avro »

Nice comparison :)

BTW have you never flown an A320 family plane ??

Greetz
Chris
8)

A318

Post by A318 »

Nope, the only airbus I have flown was the A340 from Iberia and I hated it, no comfortable seats, small pitch and the plane itself is amazingly sensitive for turbulence. That's why I have anti feelings about Airbus planes and why I am surprised about the A321 type.
So for my intercontinental flights:

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

nwa757

Post by nwa757 »

A318 wrote:Nope, the only airbus I have flown was the A340 from Iberia and I hated it, no comfortable seats, small pitch and the plane itself is amazingly sensitive for turbulence. That's why I have anti feelings about Airbus planes and why I am surprised about the A321 type.
That's a bit ironic considering your nickname :? . Maybe you should change your nickname to 717 instead of A318.
Onward and Upward...

A318

Post by A318 »

nwa757 wrote:
A318 wrote:Nope, the only airbus I have flown was the A340 from Iberia and I hated it, no comfortable seats, small pitch and the plane itself is amazingly sensitive for turbulence. That's why I have anti feelings about Airbus planes and why I am surprised about the A321 type.
That's a bit ironic considering your nickname :? . Maybe you should change your nickname to 717 instead of A318.
I would love to have my nick changed to B717 but I already changed one time last year, I don't want to make Bart totally nuts ;)
However from the 1st time I saw the A318 in Frontier livery I was sold, in that time my avatar and signature were screaming Frontier.
Since I wanted to make people aware from another real dutch airline, which is Denim Air, I decided to change some details to make the company I work for more known by the people, I think it worked well :D
But to be honest my heart is still Boeing but I do like to see the A330-200 but if it has the flight behaving from the 340 I should try to avoid that plane. Then put me in 767-300 and I am all fine. Since I am amazed about the experiences my wife had with the Airbus from Volare I will keep my mouth shut about the small body Airbusses but I am still not convinced about the wide bodies, then give me a Boeing!

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

Avro

Post by Avro »

I never flew on a widebody Airbus but I'm sure that the A330 and the A340-200/-300 are different. The A330 is much more powerfull. As for the turbulence, I heard that the A330 has the same behaviour as the A340 you took. That's due to the design of the wing and because there is less weight which is spread over each cm² on the structure. But don't worry the wings won't fall off :frantic:

Just one last thing: NEVER say NEVER !!!!!!!!!! ;)

Ciao
Chris
8)

A318

Post by A318 »

Avro wrote:I never flew on a widebody Airbus but I'm sure that the A330 and the A340-200/-300 are different. The A330 is much more powerfull. As for the turbulence, I heard that the A330 has the same behaviour as the A340 you took. That's due to the design of the wing and because there is less weight which is spread over each cm² on the structure. But don't worry the wings won't fall off :frantic:

Just one last thing: NEVER say NEVER !!!!!!!!!! ;)

Ciao
Chris
8)
I will do my very best to avoid it then, thanks for the tip chris ;)

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

Avro

Post by Avro »

A318 wrote: I will do my very best to avoid it then, thanks for the tip chris ;)
I just said "I HEARD that..." I'm not sure for 100%. Better ask an FA or pilot on A330 to confirm. ;)

Chris
;)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Avro wrote:I never flew on a widebody Airbus but I'm sure that the A330 and the A340-200/-300 are different. The A330 is much more powerfull.
Sure? The engine of the A330 is more powerful than the engine of the A340, but with four engines, the A340 is more powerful than the A330 (IMHO).
André
ex Sabena #26567

Avro

Post by Avro »

sn26567 wrote: Sure? The engine of the A330 is more powerful than the engine of the A340, but with four engines, the A340 is more powerful than the A330 (IMHO).
I'm talking about the A340-200 and A340-300 !!! Have you seen both the A340 and the A330 on T/O ?? I don't think that the A340 with full load is more powerfull with its small CFM engines !!!

Look at that picture:
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/332110/M/

Most of the A340's which I saw taking off took nearly all the runway to rotatee, while the A330's rotate way before and climbs in a steeper way.

That's why I say that it is more powerful than the A340.

Ciao
Chris
8)

VH-JNY

Post by VH-JNY »

I personally like the boeing range of planes over the airbus planes to me it has nothing to do with the inside instead i like the old saying if it looks right it flys right

and you have to admit the boeing planes look alot nicer from the outside than the airbus ones do

Comet

Post by Comet »

Not more Boeing v Airbus crap! :evil:
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

chunk

Post by chunk »

Indeed - total crap. I have posted on the website forum about this.....

As it goes, the only member of the 737 I have not been on is the 100 - which was pretty rare anyway. Equally with the 320 series the only one I have not been on is the 318. Believe me - the airbus is wider and thus has slightly wider seats. Without doubt the most comfortable of the two. Unless you are flying Aer LIngus 320's which seem to have the tightest legroom i have had in a while. Maybe its just the row i was in.

As for turbulence on a 340....only been on it once and it was fine. Then again the flight was only an hour long! The A330 seems fine to me though - in fact its my favourite long hauler now. The 747 is still the most stable in turbulence but the 330 is certainly no worse (possibly better) than the 767 and 777 in turbulence from my experience.

av8or_guy

Post by av8or_guy »

i've been on plenty of planes and id say that the boeing series of aircraft is very enjoyable(if you're in business class :wink: )but i really don't like the B737 at all hard landings everytime and quite uncomfortable seats whenever i get an airbus A320 series i get to sleep fast then its almost impossible to wake me up :lol: in long haul the airbus is very comfortable but quite a bit of turbulence, on boeings (B747,B767,B777) the ride is very smooth but the seats are horrible in economy in business well lets say you'll never want to leave :wink:
my analysis tells me that Airbus be better for overall comfort and also rules the skies in shorthaul performance,comfort, and stability. In long haul they are very comfortable but the aircraft is lacking the stability of their a320 series.
Boeing short haul is ok stability is good comfort is lacking...
in long haul boeing is excellent in comfort (except in economy for some airlines) the stability is excellent so they be my winners of longhaul.