bmi A320S Seating

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
RhysD

bmi A320S Seating

Post by RhysD »

:?: Does anyone know what configuration(F/C/Y) bmi use on their A319/320/321 aircraft?

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

First of all: BMI (like most other airlines) do not offer F-class on shorthaul-flights.

Giving the specific amount of C- and Y-class seats is not possible as this can vary (Y-class can be changed into C-class in the first rows and vice verca). Depending on the aircraft type (319-320-321), I guess that between 10 and 15 rows are convertible.

Of course: some airlines don't have those convertible seats. If I'm not mistaken, LX are introducing new seats in their A320's, that are not convertible. They just don't sell the middle seat in rows occupied by business-class pax.

The BMI 'standard'-configuration:
x A319: 130 seats
x A320: 156 seats
x A321: 195 seats

I've been already two times on an A320 of BMI, and I found their seats to be comfortable. Legspace is around 32".

Frederic

RhysD

Post by RhysD »

Thanks for that Frederic. Great help! Rhys

RhysD

Post by RhysD »

Now that bmi have cut Business Class on most routes have the number of seats on each aircraft changed? Cheers

Captain

Post by Captain »

RhysD wrote:Now that bmi have cut Business Class on most routes have the number of seats on each aircraft changed? Cheers
I regularly fly on BMI and can see that they are run by a good and innovative management team. I wouldn't be surprised to see them squeeze more seats in whilst keeping legroom to acceptable levels.

I was at LHR the other day and see they are now flying to Mumbai. It looks like they are slowly swapping certain LHR slots for unprofitable routes for big bucks long-haul destinations.