Buying tickets in Belgium .. big surprise!

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Erna

Buying tickets in Belgium….. big surprise!

Post by Erna »

Hello all,

I am still looking for a ticket from Bangkok to Beijing and I found an interesting offer on the internet from Korean Airlines and one from Dragonair.

Imagine my surprise when my Brussels travel agent told me he could not book these tickets for me, because he can only sell tickets from airlines that fly into Belgium (apparently a new law since january of this year)…… which for me means that we Belgians are “punished” (because of a hell of a lot less choice) compared to France, Holland, Germany….

I will follow the suggestions of Stoney and Advisor (thanks) and buy my tickets in Bangkok… :)

Sorry, just venting…

Erna

SN30952

Re: Buying tickets in Belgium….. big surprise!

Post by SN30952 »

Erna wrote: my Brussels travel agent told me he could not book these tickets for me, because he can only sell tickets from airlines that fly into Belgium (apparently a new law since january of this year)…… Erna
One piece of advice: do not buy your ticket in Brussels.
Many Belgians buy their ticket in Belgium for flights on EVA, China Airlines etc, and are these airlines flying into Belgium? You can even buy tickets on Emirates! haha! And on Ethiopian, because they fly BKK-PEK!
btw dear Erna here is what you can expect from Bangkok to Beijing.
9900Baht is a good price on Dragonair, that is less than 200Euro, you should not pay more.(Taxes not incl)
I suggest you to also inform about Vietnam Airlines.

SN30952

13690 บาท (THB) = 274 Euro

Post by SN30952 »

Pekking (TG) ปักกิ่ง ราคาพิเศษ 13690

Thai Airway International
สายการบิน ไทย

จุดหมาย: ปักกิ่ง
เส้นทาง : กรุงเทพ ฯ - ปักกิ่ง - กรุงเทพฯ
ประเภท: ไป กลับ
ราคา: 13690 บาท (THB)
อายุบัตรโดยสาร : 45 วัน
มีผลบังคับใช้ : เดินทางจากออกจากเมืองไทย ภายในวันที่ 31 กรกฎาคม 2548 นี้เท่านั้น
ข้อกำหนดอื่นๆ : Ticket Non Refund //
หมายเหตุ : บริษัทฯ ขอสงวนสิทธ์ในการเปลี่ยนแปลงราคาโดยมิต้องแจ้งให้ทราบล่วงหน้า และราคานี้ไม่ได้รวมภาษี และประกันภัยทุกชนิด

Technical Search : Bangkok // BKK // ประเทศจีน BJS / PEK china

ราคา: (฿16,428.00) ฿13,690.00 สั่งจอง

chunk

Post by chunk »

Can you no buy on expedia or something?

zillox

Post by zillox »

Expedia.com only sells to US people. The others site sell european tickets. I'am not quite sure.

waldova

Post by waldova »

You don't always have to believe what they tell you in agencies. They will just tell you anything to sell you a ticket on another company. You can buy tickets in belgium on any company you want even if it is not leaving from Brussels. I have done it this year already.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

zillox wrote:Expedia.com only sells to US people.
Not so. I get ll my business tickets here in Belgium from Expedia!
André
ex Sabena #26567