America West Airlines MKE to PHX on a 737 (With Pictures!)

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
nwa757

America West Airlines MKE to PHX on a 737 (With Pictures!)

Post by nwa757 »

On July 21, my grandparents and I drove from Green Bay to General Mitchell Int'l Airport in Milwaukee. We got to the airport about 3 hours prior to departure so I could see some of the airlines that don’t fly to Green Bay. When we got to the C concourse, I was dissapointed to find out that our gate didn’t have any windows. I had to walk over to the American and Delta gates to spot any planes.

After waiting patiently at gate C26 for about an hour, I got a nice surprise. A very gourgeous brunette girl sat down across from me. I figured that she was probably about couple years older than me. I knew that she must have been from Arizona or California, because we don’t have girls that pretty in Wisconsin. I think she might have liked me because whenever I looked up from my book, “Boeing 737-300 to -800”, she was looking at me. I was thinking about showing her my book, but I saw that she was reading a magazine article about sex, so I figured she wouldn’t be interested. Seeing her definitely made up for not seeing the 737-300.

July, 21 2005
America West Airlines
Milwaukee, WI to Phoenix, AZ
Boeing 737-3G7 N307AW
Flight: HP794
Seat: 6A
Gate: C26
Scheduled departure: 4:35PM CDT
Actual departure: 4:35PM CDT
Scheduled arrival: 6:35PM MST
Acrtual arrival: 5:55PM MST

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/858281/L

Boarding took about 30 minutes and we were on our way. Taxi was short because we used the runway closest to concourse C. The take off was pretty slow but not suprising. I have never experienced a fast takeoff in a 737. After takeoff, I got a good view of downtown Milwaukee out of my window, but it dissapeared rather quickly because of overcast skies. It wasn’t until we were flying over Des Moines, IA that I could see the ground.

Once we got to cruise altitude, we were served drinks, pretzals, and the option of buying a $5 sandwhich or snack box. I got a Dr. Pepper and took the pretzals, but didn’t buy either of the $5 meals. It paid off too because I had a really good burrito on the ground in Phoenix.

You may rember from my last trip on America West, that I found the flight attendant to be very attractive. This time one of the flight attendants had a great looking body (not as good as the girl at the gate) but I think she could have used some plastic sugery on her face. After the flight attendants finished their service, the Captain made an announcement that we were going to be arriving 40 minutes early. This announcement made everyone on the plane very happy.

When we started our descent into Phoenix, I saw forest fires near Payson, AZ. When we got closer to Phoenix, the sky turned light brown because of a dust storm that had happened a couple of hours before. When we made our final approach, we flew over the I-10/1-17 interchange where suprisingly, traffic was moving along pretty nicely.

The landing was very smooth.

When we taxiied to the gate I saw many America West and Southwest planes aswell as a British Airways 747-400. When we pulled in to the gate, the lead flight attendant kindly asked if those of us seated next to a window could pull our window shades down to keep the cabin cooler inside for the next passengers. Everyone did except for the lazy jack-ass sitting behind me.

Overall, it was a really great flight. I will post the return trip after I get back from vacation.

Edited to add more pictures.
Last edited by nwa757 on 27 Jul 2005, 01:59, edited 2 times in total.
Onward and Upward...

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Very nice report of a great trip, Trevor!
André
ex Sabena #26567

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

very nice report !!!

nwa757

Post by nwa757 »

I have edited this report to add pictures.
Onward and Upward...

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

nwa757 wrote:I have edited this report to add pictures.
... which makes your report even more interesting!
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

Great report Trevor, nice to read about travel on airlines we don't see in Europe. Nice photos too!
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

vliegtuigfreak

Post by vliegtuigfreak »

Nice report! I also love the cockpit shot.

Greetingzz
Sonny :wink:

nwa757

Post by nwa757 »

Thanks for all of the compliments!
Onward and Upward...

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Always nice to read a US trip report, thanks for that Trevor!

B744skipper

Post by B744skipper »

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us, they are greatly appreciated! :wink: