What's Your Favorite Telivision Show?

This is the place to hang out when you have finished your aviation related discussions, please remain always friendly and respectful against each other! Offensive and/or racist remarks are not allowed.
nwa757

What's Your Favorite Telivision Show?

Post by nwa757 »

What's your favorite t.v. show of all time? My favorite t.v. show is M*A*S*H.

For those of you who have never seen M*A*S*H, it is a telvision show that is based on the Korean War. The show was aired from 1972 to 1983 in the United States on CBS.

For more info on M*A*S*H go to http://www.mash4077.co.uk/index.php
Onward and Upward...

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

I recently looked (on RTL-TVI) at an American series called "24 hours" (in French, "24 heures chrono"). It tells in real time the story of an agent of the anti-terrorist agency in Los Angeles: 24 episodes of one hour each. Excellent suspense.

A second day of 24 hours is announced on Canal +.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

Perosnally I think most TV is a load of crap.

All we have in the UK are - house renovation programmes, more house renovations programmes, programmes helping people find their dream house, gardening programmes, bloody African wildlife programmes (how I detest wildlife programmes), cookery game shows, "talent" contests and rubbish like that.

Not to mention bloody European football and David bloody Beckham and his wife and brats rammed down our throats at every opportunity. That's why it was so nice to be in Belgium, no Beckham!!
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

Leo

Post by Leo »

Hi Comet,

Do I smell a little contradiction here? :?:
In your topic about pets you begin with: "As an animal lover...". :?
I allways thought tigers, bears,elephants...are animals too 8O

Greets,
Leo

MD-11

Post by MD-11 »

Definitely the X-Files, and for the moment "Flikken" ( Cops ) on TV1

Comet

Post by Comet »

Leo wrote:Hi Comet,

Do I smell a little contradiction here? :?:
In your topic about pets you begin with: "As an animal lover...". :?
I allways thought tigers, bears,elephants...are animals too 8O

Greets,
Leo
I see what you mean Leo, but in the UK there are many animals we never see on TV because of all the over kill relating to lions, cheetahs, African wild dogs, wildebeest getting dragged down by crocodiles. I do like animals, but I don't like overkill and repeat footage to such an extent.

My big interest in animals relates to veterinary medicine, and so I am more interested in the health of animals and the cure of their disease, more than how they behave in the wild.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

I like that new television-show that VRT will broadcast in the future, it's a brand-new Soap-story about the life, the habits and all the rest of the luchtzak-community!! It is called:

Life like it is behind your pc surfing luchtzak.be

Now I must be dreaming ;-)

The problem with my favourite things on TV is that we need to record it almost everytime, and when you finally are at home (muisje and me) together we don't have the time to watch the previous so we need to record the current once more. Drives me crazy!! We have 2 recorders working around the clock at Long Play (LP) Over 30 hours of video are waiting for us.... :?

Now the shows we like are: Ally McBeal, 24 is special too, Flikken, VRT-nieuws ;-) , Ter Zake, Sports, some others but I need to discover this on my video ;-)

A318

Post by A318 »

Airline and Vliegende Hollanders (Flying Dutchman) were my most recent favorits. When I look back in the years I can still say Miami Vice was the biggest and fastest tv hit for me.

A Whole Different Animal

Leo

Post by Leo »

I liked "Married with children" very much. "Alas Smith and Jones" was also fantastic. By the dutch programs are "Alles kan beter", "Buiten de zone" and "In de gloria" my favorites. Oh yes, I forgot "Bottom" and the magnificent "The young ones". You see, I'm a bit of a "Canvascrack". :wink:

meerkat

Post by meerkat »

NWA747, we did get MASH this side of the Atlantic. It played on BBC2 in a slightly different format from the US - no laughter track and no commercial breaks.

Currently my favourite programme is on BBC2 (again) called "2 pints of lager & a packet of crisps" Extremely funny, particularly if you come from,or have lived in the North West of England, as it is situated in Runcorn not far from Liverpool.

Other than that I have to admit to a more than passing interest in football and as a CANAL + subscriber get plenty to watch !

Meerkat

nwa757

Post by nwa757 »

sn26567 wrote:I recently looked (on RTL-TVI) at an American series called "24 hours" (in French, "24 heures chrono"). It tells in real time the story of an agent of the anti-terrorist agency in Los Angeles: 24 episodes of one hour each. Excellent suspense.

A second day of 24 hours is announced on Canal +.
I also like 24. I can't wait till the new season starts up.
Onward and Upward...

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

My favo program of all time is 'Thuis' !

But I realy like 'Chris & Co', The Simpsons, The Fresh Prince of Bel Air, etc.

Regards,
Rutger
Tot hier en verder

MD-11

Post by MD-11 »

This Saturday on VT-4 the movie "Cast away" with Tom Hanks
In this movie he is the only survivor of a FedEx DC-10F ( or MD-11F ) crash. The movie lasts 2 hours but I remember it wasn't boring. The scene of the planecrash in the ocean is filmed very spectacular.
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Avro

Post by Avro »

Yeah, I know the movie :lol: It's not that bad :wink:

Ciao
Chris
8)