Garuda back at BRU ?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

ERICAIRLINES

Garuda back at BRU ?

Post by ERICAIRLINES »

Garuda says today in press report that they are going to lease several aircrafts to serve ''various cities in Europe"" in 2005.
Do you think Bru could be one of those 'various cities' ??

Flying_Dutchman

Post by Flying_Dutchman »

Do you have any source of this news? It would be nice if they come back to Europe. I think (hope) that AMS will come back on their route network. The flights were always full and their service is great. By the way Garuda has 6 777-2U3ERs on order. Delivery is expected in October 2006. ;)

ERICAIRLINES

Post by ERICAIRLINES »

see general news on this site !! should be reliable ...

B737229

Post by B737229 »

probably FRA, CDG and AMS! Maybe LGW will follow later on.
Dont dream to see them at BRU the first couple of years!

Apuneger

Post by Apuneger »

They just pulled out of AMS and left FRA a couple of years ago. Although it would be quite a stunt if they'd come back to Europe by serving BRU, I have my doubts. But a Garuda 744 at BRU would be great...

Ivan
It's not good when it's done, it's done when it's good...
---
Facebook | Twitter | Flickr

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

Press release by Garuda
Garuda announced plans to expand its fleet and add destinations. The airline wants to increase the fleet by leasing a total of 10 Airbus A330 and Boeing 747s this year in order to fly to more destinations in Vietnam, India, China, as well as various cities in Europe.
Aum Sweet Aum.

C_J

Post by C_J »

My questions are:
- Is the tsunami disaster affecting air travel?
- Can they predict the consequences on air travel?

If the tsunami affects air travel in a negative way (and it takes some time to recover), I should think this expansion is placed on a wrong moment. I should think that it would take some time till air travel in the region goes back to normal, or am I wrong?
Why does Garuda introduces this expansion just after they stopped the European services?
:?:
Simon

COSSAC

Post by COSSAC »

They are planning to serve some of the European cities with the A330 via Dubai starting this year.

Bruspotter

Post by Bruspotter »

Why shouldn't they come back to BRU???
If their saying that they're going to add some destinations in Europe,
well....i can't call operating more than once a day at LHR,CDG,FRA...
ADDING ROUTES but INCREASING. Except LGW ofcourse.

So , alto it is almost unbelievably, i really hope so , and according to
me there is a chance.

Looks like BRU is going to grow!!!

Best regards; Yannick :D

OrientThai

Post by OrientThai »

C_J wrote:My questions are:
- Is the tsunami disaster affecting air travel?
- Can they predict the consequences on air travel?

If the tsunami affects air travel in a negative way (and it takes some time to recover), I should think this expansion is placed on a wrong moment. I should think that it would take some time till air travel in the region goes back to normal, or am I wrong?
Why does Garuda introduces this expansion just after they stopped the European services?
:?:
Simon
In Thailand apart from Phuket which is recovering, the other parts haven't been affected or very little (people are still flying to BKK, Chiang Mai, Koh Samui...and airlines still have good loads).
For Indonesia, Aceh Province is not touristic so I don't think it's a big loss for Garuda in opposition to Denpasar or Jakarta. They even see their revenue up during this period.
source: http://www.commercialaviationtoday.com/inside.htm (see Asia/Pacific news)
I think the airlines which will be severely affected are those in Sri Lanka and the Maldives.
Garuda just pulled out of AMS so why not if they decide to come to BRU.