TAP and Portugalia to merge???

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Humberside

TAP and Portugalia to merge???

Post by Humberside »

C_J

Post by C_J »

I think that's logical with so many codeshares... Why shouldn't they work together instead of competing on the same routes. I hope a possible merger doesn't make their flights more expensive because of the lack of competition. Probably they'll try something in the "SN-Virgin merger" style.

BP

Post by BP »

I beleive that a merger between Tap and Portugalia would be a logical one. Considering the ever increasing competion from airlines outside of Portugal it would be wise to creat one that would have a strong presence in the market. Hopefully Portugalia will help Tap in providing a better quality service one that we have become used to from Portugalia.

faomax

Post by faomax »

Hi

In a way, it's fully understandable. Portugal's traditional business is being heavly attacked by Low cost carriers as seen at Faro...It's just a matter of time till portuguese get used, aswel, to travel the low fare style. Furthermore, portuguese authorities do seem to be interested in keeping a hub role for Lisbon in the Iberian Peninsula context, as a main entrance for travellers arriving from Latin Ameica (v.g. Brazil)

best regards