Virgin Flies To Sydney

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Advisor

Virgin Flies To Sydney

Post by Advisor »

:D GO VIRGIN GO :D

Virgin Atlantic Airways has announced that effective today it begins flying between London and Sydney via Hong Kong.

It should be known that this has been the most profitable route for British Airways Plc and Qantas Airways Ltd.

It is learnt that the airline plans to introduce massage treatments and free chauffered airport services for passengers in its Upper Class, the highest of the three classes offered.

The airline will use the A340-600 aircraft made by Airbus SAS on the route, which will take a total of 22 hours 40 minutes. A stopover of 90- minutes at Hong Kong would take place.

I feel that they are going to have an impact on traffic of the other carriers. 8)

This so-called "kangaroo route'' to Australia from the U.K. is one of the most profitable services for British Airways and Australia's Qantas Airways. I understand that Hong Kong-based Cathay Pacific Airways Ltd. also operates the service.

British Airways' economy class fare to Sydney from London traveling on Dec. 14 and returning on Dec. 19 is 1,142 pounds ($2,216.96) including all charges. Qantas's cheapest flights on the same dates are also 1,142 pounds, while Virgin Atlantic has announced that it will charge 1,116.20 pounds for the same service.
Aum Sweet Aum.

Humberside

Post by Humberside »

Connections available with Virgin Blue

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

Humberside wrote:Connections available with Virgin Blue
Thanks Humberside. You beat me to post the same information. Regards. :wink:
Aum Sweet Aum.

AN124

Post by AN124 »

Althought the price difference doesn't look that big in Pounds,
If you look to the price in $ or EUR the difference will be interessting I think.

Best Regards,
Yvo

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

Tot hier en verder

Captain

Post by Captain »

About time an extra carrier servers this route. There was already some competition but the prices were very much aligned between the existing carriers.

Well done Virgin Atlantic and best of luck.

Captain

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

:twisted: Once again i submit some details for all those who came in late:

Virgin Atlantic Airways inaugurated daily direct Sydney service from London's Heathrow Airport using one of its Airbus A340-600s which landed at Sydney on Wednesday December 8th.

The service operates via Hong Kong as follows :
:arrow: VS200
London Heathrow Dep 2130
Hong Kong Arr 1750 (Next Day)
Hong Kong Dep 1920
Sydney Arr 0710 (Next Day)

:arrow: VS201
Sydney Dep 1615
Hong Kong Arr 2205
Hong Kong Dep 2335
London Heathrow Arr 0450 (Next Day)

The A340-600 is configured with 45 Upper Class Suites, 28 Premium Economy Seats & 233 Economy Seats 8)

The flight was piloted by chief pilot Captain Robin Cox & co-piloted by Captain Ricky Hill, a native of Sydney and former champion squash player for Australia. A third of the cabin crew onboard were from the UK, one third from Hong Kong and a third were Australian.
Aum Sweet Aum.