Ryanair and Gerona

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Falcon_900

Ryanair and Gerona

Post by Falcon_900 »

Hi!

Here in Spain this weekend y a long one. Firstly because today has been 26 years that we had our Constitution and then because the wednesday is a virgin day. So everybody usually go for holidays.

Gerona is the base of Ryanair in Spain, and this weekend they've sold tickets for 1€, so everybody go there to take the flight.

But, this is an airport prepared for X people, so they aren't prepared for the X^3 that now they have.

People has to park in the highway, and walk for more than 2 km with all the baggage.

Amazing...

Here is a picture of a truck taking a car out.

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

I thik the Gerona Aviation Authorities must look at this post and immediately get cracking about the situation.
Aum Sweet Aum.

A318

Post by A318 »

Now you know why Eindhoven Airport is expanding it's terminals. At this moment they are building a completely new terminal due to the fact last year they received more then 450.000 passenger and it is very busy when you have an airport that is build for aprox 80.000 passengers. Most passengers are generated by Ryanair but also due to flights of Corendon, Transavia, FlyAir and Inter.

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

Avro

Post by Avro »

Nice to see all those airports expand. But it's a risky game they are playing. Their main customer is FR and if for any reason FR decides to pull out of that certain destination then the airport will be stuck with way to much capacity and nearly no income to pay for the expansion they've made.

Chris

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

Avro wrote:Nice to see all those airports expand. But it's a risky game they are playing. Their main customer is FR and if for any reason FR decides to pull out of that certain destination then the airport will be stuck with way to much capacity and nearly no income to pay for the expansion they've made.

Chris
Business, especially aviation, is all about taking risks...

SicilianFalcon

Post by SicilianFalcon »

And surely it is worth the risk ... Im sure the expansions will be paid off quite quickly with all the buisness that is brought in!!

:D

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

I remember a quote on risks and business.

Business is like riding a bicycle. Either you keep moving or you fall down.
Aum Sweet Aum.

Avro

Post by Avro »

Of course you need to take risks. But you should also try to be able to survive if your main customer is leaving and not doing business with you anymore.

Chris

A318

Post by A318 »

Agree with that Chris but RYR is not the main customer in EIN. Like I said, Corendon, Inter, FlyAir, Transavia, SNBA (Charters), Exel group, KLM Cityhopper are all flying from/to EIN and believe me when I say they generate a lot of passengers also.

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

Avro

Post by Avro »

A318 wrote:Agree with that Chris but RYR is not the main customer in EIN. Like I said, Corendon, Inter, FlyAir, Transavia, SNBA (Charters), Exel group, KLM Cityhopper are all flying from/to EIN and believe me when I say they generate a lot of passengers also.
Thanks for the info Erwin, but I wasn't aiming at one specific airport. There are many others who don't have other major incomes besides the one of FR.

Chris

A318

Post by A318 »

Okay, got that one and ofcourse RYR generates a big amount of passengers on EIN also, but at a moment you have to expand if you want to operate your daily schedules on a human way. Aviation is always tricky business.

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

Junkers12

Ryanair Gerona

Post by Junkers12 »

What do u expect for 1 euro a limo service !