Wizzair soon bankrupt?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

oli21

re

Post by oli21 »

A318 wrote:SkyEurope is correct, Wizz needs $40 million and got only $3 million up to now like it seems. This makes a total of $28 million which also means they are still $12 million short. Even the aiport still needed money from them and warned them if they should not pay the "gate" is closed for them. Somehow they did pay some amount which let them departure. Inside information backs up this story, sad but true. They get a lot of problems also because of EZY and RYR that both started targeting east europe. When those two really hit the east european market Wizzair will be history soon.

Greetz,

Erwin
Where did you get this information about the airport they did not pay? Was it in Poland? It seems that Skyeurope had also some problems, as they where also threathened to be baned from Polish skies (but it seems also that LOT had something to do with this threath). Or was it another airport?

Do you have instead any clue why Skyeurope is closing down routes (Waw-BGY, BUD-Waw?

I would think (based on the information I have) that the airline that is most at risk now is Skyeurope, not Wizzair. May be I am wrong, since I do not know the whole story.

But anyway the business model of Wizzair does seem a little more feasible than Skyeurope's. Wizz flies to secondary airports, has only one kind of plane (A 320, Skyeurope has two) and is backed by INDIGO partner (Skyeurope too is backed by some big names though).

Let's see...

May be Easyjet or Ryanair is going to buy up one of these two companies...

I just hope that a low cost carrier will remain on the Milan-Krakow/Budapest routes!

SicilianFalcon

Post by SicilianFalcon »

I live in Luton and the Wizz Buses are very regular over the house every day . . .

I havent read anything anywhere about Wizz failing and losing mass amounts of money . . . ?

It is kind of hard to buy into a story created by one of its main competitors but who knows ... Not Me!!!

On another note about the other foreign bus operator that visits Luton . . . Anything new on what is going on at Volare? Im confiused hehe :?

:D

SicilianFalcon

Post by SicilianFalcon »

Seems Skyeurope says Air Polonia have gone bankrupt today :?

beaucaire

Post by beaucaire »

If such serious companies like Air Berlin and Flyniki announce they stop flying into Poland as of next year,there must be a very good reason !!
MOL in one of his rare moments of wisdom -has also said he prefers to invest in western -europe rather than over-emphazise eastern Europe,where average income is still way below western-european salaries and hence the amount of accessible passengers does not justify huge setups.
The eastern european market exists but is generally over-estimated .
Exeptions might become Croatia and the adriatic coast- destinations as well as some of the baltic destiation. Budapest is over-served currently.

vodkasquirrel

Post by vodkasquirrel »

There are a lot of people travelling from, for example, the UK to Poland vice versa, but the majority of them are Polish and they tend to get one of the many many buses that travel between the two countries!

If it is a choice between £60 to spend 2 days on a bus across Europe and £180 on a flight there, I will pay for the flight. But I have a friend in Poland and she would rather pay for the bus as there doesn't seem to be so much cash to expend on luxury items in Eastern Europe...