Wizz Air & SkyEurope banned from Polish airspace?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Flybe

Wizz Air & SkyEurope banned from Polish airspace?

Post by Flybe »

Read this: http://www.airliners.net/discussions/ge ... n/1831605/

Could this be true? Can someone confirm this to me asap, as i was planning to book a ticket for my girlfriend this evening. It would be for flying to Warsaw in january, but that's of course useless if they aren't allowed to fly there...

Thanks,

Pieter

Humberside

Post by Humberside »

Unlikely to be true - think of the effect on the economy. Also seems a bit drastic. Still I don't know all the facts........

beaucaire

Post by beaucaire »

To me Wizz Air will be history very soon....
The business plan is completely irrealistic and yearly growth of 5-10 A 320 Aircraft simply a sign of a completely sick mind !
How could anybody trust the current manager of Wizz Air any of his forecasts????
After V-Bird and Volare ,Wizz Air will become the third victim...

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

beaucaire wrote:To me Wizz Air will be history very soon....
The business plan is completely irrealistic and yearly growth of 5-10 A 320 Aircraft simply a sign of a completely sick mind !
How could anybody trust the current manager of Wizz Air any of his forecasts????
After V-Bird and Volare ,Wizz Air will become the third victim...
Unlike V-Bird or Volare, WizzAir does not operate in an area that has to much planes flying around for not enough passengers...
Poland is a region with little LCC activity and a lot off potential! WizzAir is backed up by American investors I believe, so there must be some sense in their business plan! Look at Vueling, they are operating in a more mature and saturated market than WizzAir, and they expand just the same!
Aviation is always a riscy business, sometimes you just have to take risk...

Avro

Post by Avro »

Buzz wrote:! Look at Vueling, they are operating in a more mature and saturated market than WizzAir, and they expand just the same!
I don't know the financial situation of Vueling, but it's not because they expand rapidly in the beginning that they will survive. We should be cautious.....

As I haven't been able to read the news the last couple of days, can somebody maybe tell me if Wizz is now still allowed to operated above Poland or not ?

Chris

Flybe

Post by Flybe »

can somebody maybe tell me if Wizz is now still allowed to operated above Poland or not ?
They are allowed, more information in the topic of A.net that i posted above. So i booked the ticket for my girlfriend on Wizz Air, a pity only that the price already went up with 10€...

Greets,

Pieter

Avro

Post by Avro »

Ok thanks for keeping me up to date Pieter