Boeing 777 freighter

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Boeing767copilot

Boeing 777 freighter

Post by Boeing767copilot »

Boeing works for a cargoversion of its two-motor cargo plane 777, thus the group has announced tuesday. The new type must be in the fourth trimester of 2008 ready. The machine is developed on the basis of the 200LR of 777. The aircraft is able tot transport 101 barrels freight, concerning a range of 9,360 kilometres. It concerns the largest two-engine cargo aircraft in the world. Boeing expects a large question.

Flying-Belgian

Post by Flying-Belgian »

Maybe a decision taken after all the Belgian Govt pressure ?? ;) ;)

Anyway it will be time to replace the M11F from 2008 on !!

Although I love the sight of a M11.

FB.

website-info

Post by website-info »

Guys,

I dont want to say I told you so but

I TOLD YOU SO over a month ago, I was sitting with a Boeing rep in Palma who gave a presentation on it, and even said Air France will take the first aircrafts, but because people didn't have an 'offcial' press release they doubted the source, so last week it was in Flight International, this week soemone else has heard about it............ just remember you heard it here first weeks ago,

https://www.aviation24.be/postlite6661-.html

Rgds
Tony

Bruspotter

Post by Bruspotter »

HI

Indeed too bad that it is just too late!
DHL might have bought them to satisfy the Belgium Government
for long-haul flights.But now they've already decided to leave BRU.
:(:(:(:(:(

Less sound....more length...yeah!!!!

Best regards: Yannick :wink:

website-info

Post by website-info »

Hi Guys,

I doubt DHL were/are interested, these 777F's will be new build only, no pax conversions yet, so new build = $$$$$$$$ and lots of them, not cheap,

Rgds
Tony

5Y-KQV

Post by 5Y-KQV »

That sounds like a very expensive plane. Who will splash the $$$ to order the new build ones whilst it makes more $en$e to convert pax aircraft into capable & efficient freighters (e.g. MD-11F).

I stand corrected but don't you think it would be cheaper for airlines would wait to pick up pax 777's a couple of years later when some may be available 2nd hand or stored in the desert and convert them to freighters, especially since there are a couple of "young" freighters e.g. MD-11Fs, 747s etc. with still a lot of years of economic service left in their airframes?

Just my $0.02

Cheers,

Walter.

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

Well I'm curious if Airbus will do a counter move, maybe a an A330/340F?

Avro

Post by Avro »

EPS_Aviation wrote:Guys,

I dont want to say I told you so but

I TOLD YOU SO over a month ago, I was sitting with a Boeing rep in Palma who gave a presentation on it, and even said Air France will take the first aircrafts, but because people didn't have an 'offcial' press release they doubted the source, so last week it was in Flight International, this week soemone else has heard about it............ just remember you heard it here first weeks ago,

https://www.aviation24.be/postlite6661-.html

Rgds
Tony
I'm sorry it was me who didn't believed it for 100% :oops: I know I should have trusted you ;)

Chris

website-info

Post by website-info »

No Worries Chris,

I get ALOT of info, some I can post, some I can't straight away and some I can be vague about, but not quoting sources until a certain time. I try not to start rumours, there's enough around already.......

Rgds
Tony

AN124

Post by AN124 »

Yesterday I received the news letter from Boeing with the news about the 777F.

I think that there must be a market for this plane otherwise Boeing won't even start thinking of building a freigther version.

Best Regards,
Yvo

5Y-KQV

Post by 5Y-KQV »

Does Boeing have any orders for this plane? Will it be 777F or 777LRF?

Cheers,

Walter.

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

5Y-KQV wrote:Does Boeing have any orders for this plane? Will it be 777F or 777LRF?
No orders yet, and it will be a 777-200LRF

If airlines want second-hand ones, I think they will have to wait until 2018, when the first one will only be 10 years old...

It will fill it's niche of LRF, but it will not be the cargoplane of the future I guess...

Lyulka

Post by Lyulka »

Is it also possible to convert current passenger 777 into freighters?