Rekkof short for re-launch of Fokker 70

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

beaucaire

Rekkof short for re-launch of Fokker 70

Post by beaucaire »

On a.net a thread deals with possible re-launch of the Fokker 70 by Rekkof in the netherlands but with new engines and avionik.
Would VLM be interested in this plane ?

Ozzie1969
Location: Brugge, Flanders + Annan, Scotland + Ormoc,Philippines

Re: Rekkof short for re-launch of Fokker 70

Post by Ozzie1969 »

This news was launched on April 8th in a German tradepaper called Handelsblatt. "Rekkof" claims in this article that Air France-KLM was interested in acquiring new Fokker F70s. This same news was also made public on the site "www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl".

Is there any reason why VLM would buy Fokker 70s, since at present it flies Fokker 50s exclusively? This is not a statement, it's a straight forward question. I don't know in which way the Fokker 70 differs from the Fokker 50. I take it it has a larger capacity?

AN124

Post by AN124 »

As Ozzie already mentioned the news was anounce earlier.
I'm still curious if they will start production. If so I think they can serve a nice market. The F.100 is very popular at the moment with several European LCC's and I think the F.70 is a very good regional jet. Both jets can still compete with the new generation jets like the CRJ or ERJ. The Fokkers are still concidered to be modern aircraft.

Concerning VLM, they are already thinking for some time to introduce jets into their fleet. But I don't think we would see jets in VLMs fleet in the very near future.
They just bought some additional F.50. An other important reason for VLM not to buy jets is that they will be limited in their operations from LCY which is their most important hub.

I know some jets can fly out of LCY but most of them can't depart fully loaded.

Best Regards,
Yvo

Humberside

Post by Humberside »

Is the F70 certified for LCY? Also jets at LCY include ERJ-135/Bae 146

Jumbolino

Post by Jumbolino »

If I have it right in my mind, VLM has gotten some modified F70 ex-AirLittoral which where certified for LCY

SAA-SAL

Post by SAA-SAL »

As much as I would like this to be true I am very sceptic. The F-100 might be popular right now with Helvetic and Jetsgo (and others as well...) but we must not forget that these are second hand examples. AA (75 A/c) and US (45 A/c I believe) flooded the market with second hand examples. The lease/purchase rates are increadibly competitve at the moment.
It's a very different story buying a new F-100 at full price. That said if Rekkof have already got close to 50 commitements (F-70 mostly right?) then their purchase price might be fairly competitve.

Cheers SAA_SAL

Established02

Post by Established02 »

> If I have it right in my mind, VLM has gotten some modified F70
> ex-AirLittoral which where certified for LCY

As to my knowledge an F70 is a jet type of aircraft. VLM does not and never did operate the F70 or any other type of jet.

> But I don't think we would see jets in VLMs fleet in the very near future.

Neither do I. By adding jets into the fleet, VLM would probably face too much of a financial and organisational challenge at this time.

beaucaire

Post by beaucaire »

The Rekkof team

Rekkof consists of a highly qualified team with proven track record and experience in aviation industry:

Jaap Rosen Jacobson CEO

Theo van Bijleveld Production
Rudi den Hertog Engineering
Ruud Kleinendorst Marketing & Sales
Ton Ledegang Procurement
Henry Marsman IT/Logistics
Egbert Poelman Operations
Jan Verbeek Production

I think VLM know exactly what they are doing in that mr. Jacobson is with VLM and Rekkof......

Avro

Post by Avro »

First of all, this story has been going around for months now, without anything happening (officially).
If I have it right in my mind, VLM has gotten some modified F70
VLM doesn't operate any F70.
It's a very different story buying a new F-100 at full price. That said if Rekkof have already got close to 50 commitements (F-70 mostly right?) then their purchase price might be fairly competitve
As far as I know Rekkof doesn't plan to re-launch the entire production line. What they want to do is to upgrade engines, cabin and avionics on second hand Fokkers.

Chris

L-1011

Post by L-1011 »

Avro wrote: As far as I know Rekkof doesn't plan to re-launch the entire production line. What they want to do is to upgrade engines, cabin and avionics on second hand Fokkers.
That does seem more feasible :)

Would be nice to see the Fokker's keep flying in the decades to come :)

ciao,
TriStar :wink:

Avro

Post by Avro »

I think I made an error. Sorry for that ;)

I've quickly read some discussions about that topic on A.net and apparently they plane to re launch the entire production.

The first set of wings is apparently already manufactured.

They guys behind the project are just waiting for one or two orders to start the program.

And by the way, now that we are talking about rumors: Somebody on A.net also told that Rekkof is currently talking with SN. Would be nice to see SN flying those planes in the future. :)

Greetz
Chris