Diverted from CRL to BRU ?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

backfire

Diverted from CRL to BRU ?

Post by backfire »

Few minutes ago in the news: A Polish low cost airline diverted to ebbr due to bomb alert. Is this a Wizzair plane ?

Greetz

SilverJET

Post by SilverJET »

This is possible since the plane was heading/coming > Charleroi. An other posibility is the Air Polonia.

Regards
Raymond

Boeing767copilot

Post by Boeing767copilot »

It's a Boeing 737 from Air Polonia with 167 passengers.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

It was Air Polonia. Many other flights have been diverted from CRL this morning:

09-11 8:40 Bergamo-Orio Al Serio FR4521
09-11 9:00 Warszawa-Okecie 4P46
09-11 9:05 Dublin FR42
09-11 9:55 Treviso-San Angelo FR6054
09-11 10:25 Gerona-Costa Brava FR6901
André
ex Sabena #26567

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Weather was foggy this morning, hence the divertions. News has been reported in HLN: http://www.hln.be/hln/cch/det/art_27764.html

JetB

Post by JetB »

AC was diverted to BRU due to bomb alert. Passengers left Zaventem around 11.00 am to be dropped off at Chaleroi Airport.

The Air Polonia AC stayed to be inspected by Dovo.

After that I left because my shift ended.

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

according to Het Laatste Nieuws (a Flemish newspaper), the bomb threat was against one particular pax:
Een Pools toestel met 166 passagiers is dinsdagmorgen na een bommelding afgeleid naar Zaventem. Het toestel van de Poolse goedkope luchtvaartmaatschappij Air Polonia was op weg van Polen naar Charleroi, maar is na de melding afgeleid naar Zaventem. "Het toestel is rond 10 uur veilig geland. Het vliegtuig staat op een afgelegen plaats en wordt nu onderzocht door de geëigende instanties. Twee van de drie start- en landingsbanen werden gedurende een uur buiten gebruik gesteld, maar zijn intussen opnieuw open", zo bevestigde Jan Van der Cruysse, communications manager van luchthavenuitbater BIAC. Het bleek om loos alarm te gaan. De Boeiing 737, die op weg was van Warschau naar Charleroi, kreeg tijdens de vlucht een bommelding binnen, gericht tegen één specifieke passagier. "Daarop werd beslist om het toestel af te leiden naar Zaventem, omdat deze luchthaven over meer middelen beschikt om dergelijke incidenten aan te pakken", vervolgt Jan Van der Cruysse. De passagiers werden van boord gehaald en vervolgden hun reis naar Charleroi per bus. (belga)

Skystef

Post by Skystef »

And for the reg freaks its all in the Spotters DB.

Rgrds S

Vonsmalhausen

Post by Vonsmalhausen »

here she is on departure, not good of quality as she took off like a rocket :evil:
http://tfp.fotopic.net/p8994635.html

ps; for a plane that had been diverted for a bomb alert, i found it very strange to park here close to the big feultanks :?

Kapitein

Post by Kapitein »

Vonsmalhausen wrote: ps; for a plane that had been diverted for a bomb alert, i found it very strange to park here close to the big feultanks :?
That place we call 'nulpunt' of the airport. Like you said it's indeed strange.

Vonsmalhausen

Post by Vonsmalhausen »

Brubiac wrote:
Vonsmalhausen wrote: ps; for a plane that had been diverted for a bomb alert, i found it very strange to park here close to the big feultanks :?
That place we call 'nulpunt' of the airport. Like you said it's indeed strange.
well, .. "nulpunt" or not, i've know spotters chased away from the "azielcentrum" spot with the excuse off beïng " a tread to the fueltanks over there " ..... :? 8O how do you catologise a plane with possibly a bomb onboard to be less dangerous ( apparently ) than some spotters with a cam and some objectives (oké, some are called CANON)
BRU autoreties keep amazing me :roll:

Kapitein

Post by Kapitein »

That's something nobody understands. I think when you say BRU you say enough.

OO-JFP

Post by OO-JFP »

167 passengers, almost a full house then.
First thing that crossed my mind: howmany of them would have been on the SN/LO flights to visit Belgium if it wasn't for the Air Polonia flight to CRL.
I guess that quite some passengers were happy to land in Brussels. They arrived sooner (and cheaper?) at their (final?) destination then intended.

Greatings,
OO-JFP

OO-SBZ

Post by OO-SBZ »

OO-JFP wrote:167 passengers, almost a full house then.
I don't think they were 167 PAX aboard: the diverted plane was a 737-300 series.

This kind of 737 can sit 149 pax (max!)... low cost or not :wink:

Belgian TV channel RTL-TVi announced 67 people aboard.

Regards

BeN :idea:

Robin_Bamps

Post by Robin_Bamps »

I also saw the plane taking off from runway 25R during my noon break. I was at the Abelag parking at that time, and was wondering what an Air Pollinia plane was doing at BRU. But now it's all clear off course. I made a picture too, but the plane was too far away for my 300mm lens.

But I have another question : While waiting at the Abelag parking for the Korean 747F that had to take-off (see http://www.planepictures.net/netshow.php?id=276053), I had my scanner on. It was searching on band 1, at which the international mayday-frequency is also programmed on my scanner. Suddenly, I heard this :

"Mayday, mayday, mayday, Scandinavian ***, we have problems with engine n°1, request priority landing at Paris CDG"

Does someone know more about this ?

Regards, Robin Bamps.