Ryanair Expanding

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Humberside

Ryanair Expanding

Post by Humberside »

Reports suggest Ryanair is looking to expand (see luchtzak news). What airports do you think they will serve and which airports will they make into a hub?

I hope they come to Humberside, perhaps airports like Beauvis, Nidderhein, Torp and Lubeck will become hubs.

Wishful thinking but more routes from Dublin - Hahn, Skvasta, Ciampano, Bergamo ... Humberside!!!

Lyulka

Post by Lyulka »

Malta is on the list. Don't know from which airport they will serve this destination...

Humberside

Post by Humberside »

Lyulka wrote:Malta is on the list. Don't know from which airport they will serve this destination...
At least Stansted

pee

Post by pee »

I'd see at least one place that could easily become a hub right away. It's an airport in Neuhardenberg near Berlin. The problem lies in the unwillingness of the local authorities to allow flights of heavier machines therefrom (technically it's not a problem). What else could became a hub? In Germany, it could be Niederrhein or Luebeck, for instance. In France - Beauvais. And there is a lot of potential in Central-Eastern Europe that until now has been out of focus, at least officially, for Ryanair. The truth is that they did already make much of the 'intelligence' work in several 'new' countries. Well, before they'll make a hub in, say, Poland, they still have to start flying there. By the way, are they waiting for some bankrupcies to happen in that region before they'll decide to enter?

Personally I would urge them to start more destinations to/from Finland. :roll: Too few options we have now here after V-bird has disappeared.

Humberside

Post by Humberside »

Don't Ryanair want Neubrandenburg to replace Schonefeld?

pee

Post by pee »

Humberside writes:
Don't Ryanair want Neubrandenburg to replace Schonefeld?
Exactly so. Schönefeld will become the central airport for Berlin in few years and the demand for tax raising there is strong even now. Ryanair doesn't feel well in such places.
Interestingly enough, the local inhabitants mostly support the idea that Ryanair came to Neuhardenberg. It's the local government who just wants to concentrate everything in one place (to avoid the competition perhaps?)

speedbird1

Post by speedbird1 »

Ryanair seem to be doing very well still even in this time of airlines dissapearing here and there. Well done to Michael O'Leary! And this rumour of new routes is great. Maybe one day SN will have airports asking for routes to/through them, like these German airports are for Ryanair!
Keep up the great work Ryanair!

Emirates

Humberside

Post by Humberside »

I hope Humberside are asking SN for Brussels service (and of course FR for DUB/CIA/Gerona)

pee

Post by pee »

Humberside, sorry for my dyslexia(?!) 8O. You actually mentioned Neubrandenburg (as a potential base near Berlin). There were rumours I think a year ago about Neubrandenburg - Trollenhagen airport. But recently there was a complete silence. Nobody is mentioning it any more. I guess FR wants first to try getting the permission in Neuhardenberg (it's closer to Berlin itself) and if not... But maybe somebody else knows more?

B737229

Post by B737229 »

Where is Ostend on the List? Wasnt FR starting flights to Roma and Gerona? ?

Humberside

Post by Humberside »

B737229 wrote:Where is Ostend on the List? Wasnt FR starting flights to Roma and Gerona? ?
That was a rumor - never know may resurface