Air BERLIN goes AIRBUS !!!!!!! A320 fam!

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

MrAirbus

Air BERLIN goes AIRBUS !!!!!!! A320 fam!

Post by MrAirbus »

Fresh news from SpeedNEWS:

November 4: Air Berlin ordered 70 A320s (10 for Austrian airline NIKI), and optioned 40.

Airbus.com:

http://www.airbus.com/dynamic/media/pre ... s.asp#1618

Ohhh my god .................. 8O 8O :lol: :o

I really didn’t think that Airbus had a chase to win this order because Air Berlin and Niki Lauda have always been seen as huge Boeing fans!

I suppose Airbus gave a great deal that they could not turn down!

This is a huge miss for Boeing!

C_J

Post by C_J »

:dance: that's a huge airbus order!!!
I have absolutely nothing against Boeing but my simpathy goes to Airbus I guess!!

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

Fantastic news indeed! Go Airbus :D
Tot hier en verder

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

Well there was a rumour Air Berlin was going to buy Airbus, but I didn't believe it back than...

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

Wooow 8O That are a lot of my fav planes :)

Greetings

Airbuske :)

Buzz

Re: Air BERLIN goes AIRBUS !!!!!!! A320 fam!

Post by Buzz »

MrAirbus wrote:I really didn’t think that Airbus had a chase to win this order because Air Berlin and Niki Lauda have always been seen as huge Boeing fans!
Niki flies a321's, so there was some chance, at least for Niki...

Great news for Airbus!

MrAirbus

Post by MrAirbus »

sab319 wrote:Well there was a rumour Air Berlin was going to buy Airbus, but I didn't believe it back than...
No me either, I thought it was just a way to get Boeing to cut the prices! During Ryanairs last large order they sad all the time that Airbus had a better price ore that they were considering to go for fleet of classic B737 (in that case the -300/-400 series). But at last they went for the 100+ order for the B737-800!

I suppose that the German government pushed along to get them to order airbus, especially since there are very few orders at Airbus for German carriers! Only the LH order for A380 and some very few A330-300 waiting for delivery!

Well I suppose the B737-800 fleet of Air Berlin will be flying for many years ahead and it will be long until the have one single type fleet!

/ Cyrus the Virus

MrAirbus

Post by MrAirbus »

No matter how great news it might be from Airbus there own press release is so dam boring! I remember during the Olympic A340 order they pointed out that the aircraft had 4 engines several time, if the Olympic orders wasn’t mention in the beginning you might a thought that the press release was about the A340 and its 4 engines!