number of complaints about noisy night flights plummeted

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Tokke

number of complaints about noisy night flights plummeted

Post by Tokke »

Heard in the belgian television (TV1) evening news yesterday evening:

Since DHL made its decision public to abandon the plan to create a super hub in Brussels, the number of complaints about noisy night flights in the region around the airport has plummeted, the "ombudsman" (can't find an english word for this) of the airport said. In a reaction, the protest groups claim his discharge...

No comments necessary...

Tokke

arthurv

Re: number of complaints about noisy night flights plummeted

Post by arthurv »

Tokke wrote:Heard in the belgian television (TV1) evening news yesterday evening:

Since DHL made its decision public to abandon the plan to create a super hub in Brussels, the number of complaints about noisy night flights in the region around the airport has plummeted, the "ombudsman" (can't find an english word for this) of the airport said. In a reaction, the protest groups claim his discharge...

No comments necessary...

Tokke
This...
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/701253/L/
...might be part the reason of the plummeted number of night flight complains... I think it's sad to see this happen though.

Something completely different...

Yesterday I was talking to a lady who has lived for years in Steenokkerzeel, very close rwy 25R. She recently moved. When I asked her why, she answered she couldn't stand the noise every early morning 9around 6 AM) of :!: empty (and thus loudly rattling) car transportation trucks coming back from some car stock in the neighbourhood...

She never mentioned a problem with noise of the aircrafts.

She did mention that she and the other people in the neighbourhood do have a problem with cars occasionally suddenly slowing down or even coming to a full stop in the middle of the busy road, just to watch an overflying airplane... Not realizing that they are holding up the traffic...

Flying-Belgian

Post by Flying-Belgian »

If one day I face such people things will go very wrong believe me.

Those people complaining about aircrafts noise are ALL (flemish, waloons, brussels people) professional "PROFITEURS" trying to make the most of the silly Belgian system.

My opinion involving only my person.

FB.

xqxq

Post by xqxq »

As a former steward of sabena (and now TUB) I propose that every belgian charter and low cost airline, makes up a list of all those people that ever signed a petition against nighttime 'jetnoise' and bans them on all charter flights, because they are usually the first ones to take a flight that departs or arrives at nighttime when leaving from their nice villas to their holiday destination!! So they can have a nice rest and leave on holiday with a line flight ( unfortunately, there will be an extra boat trip, because canarian and greek islands will be hard to reach with SNBA !!)

ps. SNBA is great, it was just an example!!

Greetz,

Eddy

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

xqxq wrote:I propose that every belgian charter and low cost airline, makes up a list of all those people that ever signed a petition against nighttime 'jetnoise' and bans them on all charter flights, because they are usually the first ones to take a flight that departs or arrives at nighttime when leaving from their nice villas to their holiday destination!!
He he! Nice idea!
André
ex Sabena #26567

Flying-Belgian

Post by Flying-Belgian »

because they are usually the first ones to take a flight that departs or arrives at nighttime when leaving from their nice villas to their holiday destination!!

Like I told you: PROFITEURS and OPPORTUNISTS. :x

Your idea is great !!! :wink:

FB

Tokke

Post by Tokke »

As a DHL-employee told on the television, did you notice the drop in public attention for the night flight problem during summer? Of course, because all those high-living-standard action group members traveled to their holiday destinations, and those additional charter night flights seemed to justify the night flight problem temporarily, so I understand night flights are only acceptable during summer in some way, when charter flights operate at night too...

How can we implement that complainer-boycott-idea? :D

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

Flying-Belgian wrote:If one day I face such people things will go very wrong believe me.

Those people complaining about aircrafts noise are ALL (flemish, waloons, brussels people) professional "PROFITEURS" trying to make the most of the silly Belgian system.

My opinion involving only my person.

FB.
I agree with you !

Airbuske :evil: