New Ryanair Routes from Hahn to Riga+Santander

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Lc-fan

New Ryanair Routes from Hahn to Riga+Santander

Post by Lc-fan »

Load factor / HHN - RIX /

31.10.04: 95,76% (22.10) / now (26.10.04): 98,94%
01.11.04: 82,01% (22.10) / now: 87,30%
02.11.04: 86,77% (22.10) / now: 86,77%

Load factor / HHN - SDR / 26.10.04

31.10.04: 96,29%.
01.11.04 under 73%
02.11.04: 80,42%
Last edited by Lc-fan on 31 Oct 2004, 10:12, edited 1 time in total.

Humberside

Post by Humberside »

Nice Forum

Is there an English version???

pee

Are those load factors good enough?

Post by pee »

Well, how do you estimate those numbers? Are the factors good enough? I have some fear concerning the future popularity of those Baltic destinations. Great tiny countries with many tourist attractions, but little-known ones, I'm afraid. Will Ryanair tolerate even worse load factors if during low-season happened to occur such days?

Lc-fan

Post by Lc-fan »

Nice Forum
Thanks! :D
Is there an English version???
Yes, there is an English version for the forum.
how do you estimate those numbers?
From the FR booking system (you can booked 1 - 50 Adulds at ryanair.com - so you can see the load faktor; Ryanair fly only with B737-800 = 189 Pax from HHN). :)

Are the factors good enough?

RIX - Yes
SDR- ???

In the first month, 20.000 Pax booked a HHN - RIX Flight. (Q: http://presse.baltikuminfo.de/index...ssemitteilungen). That´s O.K.!
Hope, i can help / my english ist not so good... :?

Hahn - Tampere is a very good Ryanair route...

danieln

Post by danieln »

Please note that for Ryanair good loadfactors do not automatically mean that a route is profitable. Remember the CRL-STN-route, which had a very good loadfactor but did not make profit.

OO-SBZ

Post by OO-SBZ »

danieln wrote:Please note that for Ryanair good loadfactors do not automatically mean that a route is profitable. Remember the CRL-STN-route, which had a very good loadfactor but did not make profit.
Indeed...
A high load factor doesn't mean high profits.
You could have asked Sabena too :roll:

Moreover I wonder if you can really check the load factor through the web-site.
As a reminder, Ryanair uses a "contingency" system in order to keep a few seats available in the few days before the departure... and be able sell them at high prices...

Regards

BeN :idea:

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

OO-SBZ wrote: Moreover I wonder if you can really check the load factor through the web-site.
As a reminder, Ryanair uses a "contingency" system in order to keep a few seats available in the few days before the departure... and be able sell them at high prices...

Regards

Can you explain this? it doesn't seem logical...

The prices go up if the seats fill up, so if you buy the last seat one month or one day in advance, it would cost you the same, wouldn't it?
Why risk loosing this booking by placing it online only a few days before departure?

OO-SBZ

Post by OO-SBZ »

Buzz wrote:
OO-SBZ wrote: Moreover I wonder if you can really check the load factor through the web-site.

Regards

Can you explain this? it doesn't seem logical...

The prices go up if the seats fill up, so if you buy the last seat one month or one day in advance, it would cost you the same, wouldn't it?
Why risk loosing this booking by placing it online only a few days before departure?

This can seem strange but as a frequent-visitor (and user :wink: ) of Ryanair's booking engine I can assure you that a particular flight is often mentioned as "fully booked" but offers a few high-priced seats a few days later...

Don't ask my why... I'm not Mr Ryanair...

As a reminder, one of the low-cost airline's mantras is "the earlier you book, the less you pay"... or "the later you book the more you pay".

Leisure travellers are usually reluctant to pay high prices... However even budget carriers are interested by business people who are ready to pay more.

However the latter ones are less flexible and tend to book later... and don't pay -so- much attention to higher fares.

More details on how budget carriers fly/work can be found in Simon Calder's No Frills - The Truth Behind The Low-Cost Revolution in The Skies (Virgin Books, 2003)

Regards