BIAC asks to stop building houses near BRU

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

blackhawk

BIAC asks to stop building houses near BRU

Post by blackhawk »

BIAC is asking the Flemish Government to prevent people building houses near the airport or at least to warn the people they'll have to live together with the airplanes. Even now, people are able to build a house near the walls.

Finally they are getting some brains ...

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

Wow 8O That's fast :?
Maybe if they did this earlyer DHL could expand
but yeah this is Belgium , like my prof says: a monkey country.

Greetings

Airbuske :)

killerwhale65

Post by killerwhale65 »

well thats about getting time!
Matthias Thoen
MicroWings - Aviation Hobby Store

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

BIAC can only suggest! The Flemish government and the municipalities have the decision in their hands. And which city will forego the taxes that the new houses bring into its vaults? Asking the question is giving the reply.

Steenokkerzeel and Zaventem are still granting building permits around the airport!
André
ex Sabena #26567

B744skipper

Post by B744skipper »

Wel, it was just about time that they would warn the goverments for this, but unfortunately it is 40 years to late. :roll:
Schiphol did issue a warning like this also, but then in the sixties, but no goverment ever payed attention to that warning. Most of the people that are now complaining, live in houses contructed after the warning was issued. So they should not complain to the Schiphol Airport Authority, but to the local goverment. But in my opinion they never should have moved in those houses, when the aircraft noisy would disturb them. :evil:

So, Belgium is not the only monkey country around. :wink:

waldova

Post by waldova »

Wow, is BIAC getting smarter? Did they figure this out by them selves?
Well, I know one thing, i don't think the government
will forbid people to build their house close to the airport. Look at Ostend
where they now decided to build a lot of new houses at the end of the
runway. Well I know one thing, these people have absolutely no right to
complain. But as the past has shown already, they will complain.

I'm wondering if the people in chicago at the airport of Midway complain
like this:

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/514015/M/

as you can see, a lot of houses near the airport!!! A lot of people that
could complain.
And this is the situation at BRU:

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/253138/M/

A lot of people less to complain!! But Belgians are always good in
complaining. Nowadays everything anoys people and people feel the need
to complain about something.

[links changed by admin sn26567. When you quote A.net, please use the link printed above the image. thanks!]

AN124

Post by AN124 »

One thing is for sure.
Chicago Midway really can't expand anymore.

For BRU. They really need to stop build houses around the airport. Otherwise not on-line they will get more complains about the noice but it also brings a high risk.

Best Regards,
Yvo

waldova

Post by waldova »

Yes that is true, people don't have to be afraid at midway that the airport would like to expand. But also, like you say, the risk of a disaster happening will get bigger and bigger if people don't stop building their houses near airports.

Apuneger

Post by Apuneger »

Frankly, it's good BIAC issues such a warning, but let's face it, aren't people smarter than that? I mean, if you build your brand new EUR 500.000 house only 1km away from BRU, you're going to have to live with aircraft (noise) whether you like it or not.

I think it's the responsibility of the people themselves. If they really build a house that close or buy/rent one, well, good luck. But don't expect sympathy from me when you can't sleep because of aircraft noise.

Ivan
It's not good when it's done, it's done when it's good...
---
Facebook | Twitter | Flickr

nldogbert

Post by nldogbert »

Oh.. this is really one of the best move. I really think that for people that bought houses in the area around the airport and go on later to complain about the noise.. sorry to say that they are very "smart". They should have thought of the problem earlier.. and not after that demand for "the heaven and earth". It is such a pity to see the opportunity given by DHL but rejected because of noise.

I think this step by BIAC is really a good one. But does sound a bit sad that it took them so long to impose this.. and also sad that even with this problem going on for so long, people are still willing to build houses or even buy houses there.. until someone needs to introduce such a "law".
I guess better late than never!

Just my humble opinion.. :roll:

:)

TWA

Post by TWA »

:frantic: "DIE DOMME BELGEN TOCH" as the Dutch say.

Anyway better late than never.