Estonian Air expands service to EBBR

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

leopoldm

Estonian Air expands service to EBBR

Post by leopoldm »

Estonian Air serves Brussels route four times a week !

"As from October 18 Estonian Air added a fourth weekly flight on the recently opened Tallinn-Brussels route. Estonian Air opened the route on September 7 with three weekly round trips on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

The new frequency on Monday departs from Tallinn at 6.35 a.m., and at 9.05 a.m. from Brussels. From Tuesday to Thursday the flight is in the afternoon with departure from Tallinn at 16:30 and from Brussels at 19:00 hours. The flight time is two hours and 40 minutes.

Estonia was the last among the new EU member states to have the direct air service with the EU capital Brussels. During the first weeks Estonian Air has served more than 2000 customers."

The full story on their website : http://www.estonian-air.ee/index.php?id=5125

waldova

Post by waldova »

Funny, I never saw any of these airplanes at BRU. I'm wondering if I will see one now that they increased their frequency. It is always nice when airlines decide to fly more to BRU.

leopoldm

First pics from Estonian Air in BRU

Post by leopoldm »

Yeah, you are right waldova.

As u never saw one of them : here are some pics Vonsmalhausen made Sep 07 on their very first arrival at EBBR:

http://tfp.fotopic.net/p7364249.html
http://tfp.fotopic.net/p7364250.html

Enjoy ;-)

waldova

Post by waldova »

Nice pics, you should put them on Airliners.net or on jetphotos.net. You have exclusive pictures there of a new airline arriving at BRU.

With what camera where these pictures taken?

Jense

Post by Jense »

waldova wrote:Nice pics, you should put them on Airliners.net or on jetphotos.net. You have exclusive pictures there of a new airline arriving at BRU.
I don't think think they would pass the screening: bad quality.
waldova wrote:With what camera where these pictures taken?
I tought that Vonsmal shoots with the 300D+sigma 70-300...

greettzzz

B744skipper

Post by B744skipper »

It is nice to see that the airlines of the new EU states are expanding, also this ads more variety for the spotters.

I wonder, would it be a wise move for the national carriers in the Baltic (Air Baltic, Estonian Air and Lithuanian Airlines) to merge into one airline, because it would get the costs down (like sharing passangers on routes, lower operating because of a standardized fleet), and maybe the profitability up?

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

When will SN start codesharing with Estonian? (on Estonian planes, of course!) :?
I wonder, would it be a wise move for the national carriers in the Baltic (Air Baltic, Estonian Air and Lithuanian Airlines) to merge into one airline, because it would get the costs down (like sharing passangers on routes, lower operating because of a standardized fleet), and maybe the profitability up?
Reminds me of Air Benelux. It never went off the ground because of the difference in mentality between the three concerned states. It would be exactly the same in the Baltics...
André
ex Sabena #26567

OO-VEX

Post by OO-VEX »

sn26567 wrote:When will SN start codesharing with Estonian? (on Estonian planes, of course!) :?
SN Brussels is already codesharing to Tallin and Riga with Finnair via Helsinki.

OO-VEX

leopoldm

Post by leopoldm »

Beginning of this year SN Brussels examined / planned to open the Tallinn - Brussels route itself : http://www.postimees.ee/010604/online_u ... 135780.php.

It didn't went that way (reason?) and Estonian Air reacted quickly.

You're right OO-VEX about the SNB codeshare with Finnair ; and there is still another possibility with SAS via Stockholm : but both routes take much more time and ... tickets are more expensive !

Greetz,

Leopold