SIA Cargo and Saudia Cargo to leave Brussels ?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Badabing

Post by Badabing »

744rules wrote:Bilboone,

please read/quote correctly. It says these companies have no night flights with 747. Also note that even if MD11 is a noisy aircraft, it still is below the allowed maxima. As for the 747 : they can land between 23h00 and 07h00lt. Take-off is not allowed during these hours
You can find all details on scheduled BRU cargo flights on http://www.brusselsairport.be/cargo_tt/.

SQ operates 744F on several destinations ex BRU, such as DXB. I understand that some of their previous BRU operations moved to AMS.

SQ operates mostly M11F, but also 742F's : check JED as an example. They seem to consider moving the 747 operations to OST.

Bilboone

Post by Bilboone »

Yes , my quote was not correct , but I want to say that there are inbound flights for Saudi Cargo and maybe other Cargo operators at night with a QC higher than 8 , and these will be also affected later. Because the QC 8 noise limit will come, it's not because DHL was not agreed with it , that everything will be stay the same. If the goverment want to apply the noise restriction to DHL , they have to do it for all Night flights. Of course if they will still count an inbound flight as a flight.

I hope DHL will stay as long as possible , I know they need Bru for now,but I think the reduction of activities will be sooner than 2008 , in 2007 the new hub will be ready and the will start trails. And also if all the people will know that they will layed off around 2008, the reablility of the network will go down, DHL will do everything to prevent that. And how many flights will remain after?
I hope they work out a good solution and keep as many flights in Brussels , especially for EAT , it would be very sad if maintenance will be strongly reduced.
I know my post was hard this morning , but thats what happens after a night shift full of discussions and only one flight , a Convair !!! (what a noise ! ) :banana: We will see what happens this night :roll:

pilatus

Post by pilatus »

Yep, I work for EAT. Can tell you was hard to hear that the company you love to work is treated like this..... :twisted:

Charlie_Fox

Post by Charlie_Fox »

Concerning night operations: 747-400 can land but not take off at EBBR; 747-200 can neither land nor take off 2300-0600LT.
Saudia B747F flights are in Ostend until 17th Dec and will probably stay
there indefinitely.
Saudia has no scheduled operations during the night at either Brussels or
Ostend but flights are sometimes delayed. The MD11F can come and go
during the night at Brussels if absolutely necessary; same with the 747F at Ostend.
There is no chance that Saudia will move their MD11F operations to Ostend, and none of the other main cargo carriers at Brussels will move to Ostend either.

SN30952

Post by SN30952 »

Bilboone wrote:
As 744rules said, that a stupid argument, Singapore Cargo, and Saudia has NO NIGHT FLIGHTS with ANY PLANE at BRU,not even with code-sharing.

In cargo business, both clients and carriers are extremely price-driven.
This is a way to tell BIAC and others, Brussels is too expensive.
This is a strategy. This is a moment to act: the airport operator is for sale. What matters is what it has in its portfolio: how many operators? passengers and cargo? That's its value. The more there are the more expensive slots are, the more value the operator has.
So if all cargo operators (see the list higher) threaten to leave BruCargo, than this is a consequence of a coordinated action, most probably discussed in the BAR (Board of Airline Representatives).
BIAC has to react to that by negotiating its fees, rental fees, etc. Not a nice situation for Biac nor its employees.
Last edited by SN30952 on 25 Oct 2004, 22:56, edited 1 time in total.

Avro

Post by Avro »

Let's hope that the other carho airlines will stay, but I fear that some might leave or at least not strengthen their BRU ops. :?
Bilboone wrote: I know my post was hard this morning , but thats what happens after a night shift full of discussions and only one flight , a Convair !!! (what a noise ! ) :banana: We will see what happens this night :roll:
Sorry, I didn't followed the news the last few days, but does this mean that strikes go on at DHL/EAT for the moment ?

Chris

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

@all: no need to be worried about a lot of airlines leaving BRU, because the posting of BRUSPOTTER makes no sense at all.

"getting confirmed" has a different meaning for some people apparently... a "confirmation" in my eyes is a press release.

Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

This rumor was spread while we were chatting as was only meant as a joke. So as Sabena_690 said: calm down please and sorry.

Michaël

SN30952

Post by SN30952 »

blackhawk wrote:This rumor was spread while we were chatting as was only meant as a joke. So as Sabena_690 said: calm down please and sorry. Michaël
GUY VERHOFSTADT wrote: Not a nice situation for Biac nor its employees, blackhawk, as once again they gonna blame me!

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

blackhawk wrote:This rumor was spread while we were chatting as was only meant as a joke. So as Sabena_690 said: calm down please and sorry. Michaël
GUY VERHOFSTADT wrote: Not a nice situation for Biac nor its employees, blackhawk, as once again they gonna blame me!
blackhawk wrote:Someone's gotta blame for what goes wrong in this country ...

Bilboone

Post by Bilboone »

Sorry, I didn't followed the news the last few days, but does this mean that strikes go on at DHL/EAT for the moment ?
No Chris ,
For the moment there is no strike, but from thursday last week until monday, Brussels was out of the network, so no flights through Brussels, but last night the flights are coming back, we had 17 flights , normaly there are more than 30, looks like the situation becomes normal again.

waldova

Post by waldova »

Do you think that DHL will work as before again in Brussels? or not? Did they already lose some traffic?
I really hope not.!!!

Bilboone

Post by Bilboone »

They say that there will no change of operations at Brussels until 2008, there will be even a grow of 5 % !

But for the moment there is no guaranty that we will keep our job until 2008, I hope that we will get that.
But I think personally that operations will change(hopefully i'm wrong) , little by little, because it would be like the first time in history that a company is telling they cut jobs after 3-4 years. Thats hard to believe, also like i sayed before , the reliability of the network will go down, nobody likes a future like that .

Avro

Post by Avro »

Thanks for the update Bilboone

Chris