Will Volare be the next one on the list.....

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

beaucaire

Will Volare be the next one on the list.....

Post by beaucaire »

Following reports in Italy, Volare needs an urgent 30 Million Euros within the next month. The passiva should reach 90 million by end 2005 and an increase in the companie's capital of 60 million is needed.
After V Bird the next one to dissapear !!

http://www.tourmag.com/index.php?action ... icle=75834

Avro

Post by Avro »

I fear for the worst, because it'll be very hard for them to find someone who would like to invest 30 milion € in an airline nowadays.......

CHris

SicilianFalcon

Post by SicilianFalcon »

8O Oh my! I never realised the Air Europe group was in financial difficulty...

It is the group right and not only volare?

My grasp of the french language is very slim . . .

:?

waldova

Post by waldova »

I hope Volare will survive this! It is always nice for the passangers at BRU to have low cost carriers available for their travel.
I cross my fingers for Volare. I wouldn't like to see another nice paintsheme dissapear.

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

Well the low-cost massacre has started...

B744skipper

Post by B744skipper »

One down, and counting :(

How sad it is to see all this airlines disappear, it doesn't change the fact that there is way to much capacity on the European LCC market.
We only can hope for the best.

SicilianFalcon

Post by SicilianFalcon »

Woah have they gone bankrupt then??? Or is this a random prediction!

:cry: :? :x

It's sucks if they have gone bankrupt because they have 3 great schemes in the group, Volare, Volare Web and Air Europe...

Maybe all the new budget airlines in Italy are cutting them on their non low fare flights ... JetX, Windjet etc ...

Flybe

Post by Flybe »

Woah have they gone bankrupt then???
I think B744skipper referred to VBird going down a few days ago.

Greets,

Pieter

B744skipper

Post by B744skipper »

Flybe wrote:
Woah have they gone bankrupt then???
I think B744skipper referred to VBird going down a few days ago.

Greets,

Pieter
Affermative, I meant V-Bird. :wink:

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

untill further notice, there's nothing wrong with Volare.

rumours are for chatboxes.

TCAS_climb

Post by TCAS_climb »

Would you please elaborate on that subject, LX-LGX ?

"Don't worry" were the famous last words recorded on the Cockpit Voice Recorder of the Air France Airbus before it crashed into the woods in Habsheim. I'm sure you'll understand that your post doesn't convince me at all.
:)

beaucaire

Post by beaucaire »

LX-LGX ,if you click on the link attached to my first post ( Tormag-article ) you will learn that Volare had a passiv of more than 320 Million Euro in March this year.Now they announced today they cancel their alliance with HLX for flights between Germany and Italy,without offering alternatives.
They are in deep,deep trouble and I don't give them very much time to sort things out....

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

Gentlemen (m/f), you're right: it doesn't look good for Volare. But I wanted to say that there is not a single plane grounded yet because of an unpaid fuel invoice, and that I prefer facts above rumours to make that klind of conclusion.

What about the top-3 in the States ? How many time have they've been flying under protection of Chapter 11? Do you know how many of these three are actually protected from bankruptcy? Take a guess!!

The story in TourMag states that Volare will have a hughe problem by March 2005, if they're unable to attract new funds from an investor. But the story also cleared that their situation is improving.

Would I by Volare shares ? No - non - njet - nein - nee.
Would I buy a return ticket on Volare ? No, I prefer SNBA's coffee and vegetables.