Airbus A380: first flight in March 2005

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

sab319 wrote:I suppose we will never see one landing in Brussels...
Never say never. The recent economic mission to China could have hired an A380 if it had been available.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Avro

Post by Avro »

DAT202D wrote:Hello all !! Check this out... It's a plan from the new A380 with shops, restaurant, etc... very very cool

http://users.adelphia.net/~luv2hang/380.jpg
It's a very nice drawing but I'm afraid that this will never be implemented in real planes. As Regi pointed out, airlines will rather opt for the more economic configuration than the more luxurious one. Remember what happened to the B747?

Chris

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

DAT202D wrote:Hello all !! Check this out... It's a plan from the new A380 with shops, restaurant, etc... very very cool

http://users.adelphia.net/~luv2hang/380.jpg
Plan has too much imagination in my opinion, an elevator to all decks? A restaurant? And why are all those cabins for ;)

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

With my ongoing research on the A380 i found a comprehensive but synoptic report by Orient Aviation guys.

Can be downloaded at http://www.orientaviation.com/A380Media_Content.pdf
Aum Sweet Aum.

bits44

Airbus A380 orders

Post by bits44 »

It seems orders for the A380 are decreasing, according to their website on todays date the order book has decreased to 129?

The recent visit to China by German trade officials resulted in a token order for 23 aircraft, but NO orders for A380's that were expected.

Maybe the Airlines are having second thoughts, and this news is not going to bode well with investors, on top of all the turmoil going on at Airbus' with top management.

It seems that maybe that Airbus has bitten off a little more than it can chew.

SicilianFalcon

Post by SicilianFalcon »

The bigger the better I say. . .

Imagine how cool it will be to watch one land and take off on a regular basis!!

Only time will tell success, As we advance and evolve the aircraft will advance and evolve ... So the airports will have to also advance and evolve, If the aircraft required are huge . . Then update the facilities!!!

Woohoooo cmon A380 Get up in the sky!!!

:D

forza! 8)

bits44

Engine for A380 completes first testing in a Boeing 747?

Post by bits44 »

CINCINNATI
Testing begins on new jet engine
The engine being developed by a joint venture of GE Transportation -- Aircraft Engines and Pratt & Whitney for the Airbus A380 jumbo jet completed its first flight on Dec. 3. The GP7200 engine was mounted on GE's Boeing 747 flying test bed in California. The flight lasted about three hours and focused on assessing the engine operation and gathering propulsion system data, GE officials said. An initial round of seven flight tests is expected to be completed by the end of the month.

The engine project is on track to make its first flight aboard a twin-engine A380 aircraft next November, officials said. It's set to enter revenue service in October 2006.

The GP7200 has been selected for 67 of the 110 A380 aircraft ordered to date with the engines specified. The firm orders amount to almost 300 engines valued at list price at more than $3 billion. I'm not sure but that total for Orders is down from previously reported figures?

zillox

Post by zillox »

I think i will book a special flight for that plane! Even if it cost me 200Eur more!
550 people on one plane... a dream coming true...