Canadair Regional Jet of Northwest Airlink crashed.

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

AN124

Canadair Regional Jet of Northwest Airlink crashed.

Post by AN124 »

A Canadair Regional Jet of Northwest Airlink crashed early this morning in the American town Jefferson City. This was not a regular pax flight, there were no passenger onboard this plane. At this moment there's nothing know about the 2 pilots.

The plane was owned by Pinnacle airlines that operates regional flight as Northwest Airlink for Northwest Airlines. De pilots were most likely heading for Little rock when the plane crashed a few miles east of the city centre. As far as known at this point in time no victims on the ground.

Dutch:
JEFFERSON CITY - Een Canadair Regional Jet (CRJ) van Northwest Airlink is vanmorgen vroeg neergestort in de Amerikaanse stad Jefferson City. Het vliegtuig voerde geen reguliere vlucht uit en er waren geen passagiers aan boord. Over het lot van de twee piloten is nog niets bekend.

Het gaat om een vliegtuig van Pinnacle Airlines, dat als een regionale vervoerder van Northwest Airlines vliegt onder de naam Northwest Airlink. De piloten waren vermoedelijk op weg van Little Rock naar Minneapolis. Het vliegtuig is een paar kilometen ten oosten van het centrum van Jefferson City in bewoond gebied gecrasht. Voor zover bekend zijn er geen slachtoffers op de grond gevallen.

Source: www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl

My thoughts are with the families of the 2 pilots of this flight that might have died in this crash.

Best Regards,
Yvo

waldova

Post by waldova »

Wow, sad news again. Luckely, only the two piots were on board wich reduces the human suffer. But ofcourse it has to be difficult for the familys of the two pilots now too.
I guess the NTSB will have a lot of work these days with the two crashes. Well the crash in Hallifax will be probably investigated by the Canadian transportation safety board, but with some help from NTSB members.
I hope the investigators can find the reason of the crash soon!

Comet

Post by Comet »

What a tragedy. The CRJ is a fantastic aircraft with an exceptional safety record, so what could have gone wrong?

I truly hope the pilots have survived.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

MKAirlines

Post by MKAirlines »

Hopefully the pilots survived the crash

and again a sad day for aviation ! :evil:

Avro

Post by Avro »

Let's hope the best for the two pilots !!!!!!
Comet wrote:The CRJ is a fantastic aircraft with an exceptional safety record, so what could have gone wrong?
I'm sorry to ask this question, but is this a joke or not ??????
I think you could answer your question by yourself, but in case you can't:

Whether it's a CRJ or not, safety records are only statistics and aren't always representative of the real "risk factor" involved when flying. Even if a plane type hasn't had any crashes before it can happen in the future. For the moment we know nothing about the crash, so nothing can be said about the cause of the crash.

But let's now just hope that the 2 pilots survived and let's forget those safety record facts.

Chris
:cry:

Let's just hope the planes

EditorASC

Pilots died

Post by EditorASC »

Plane was destroyed when it crashed into a residential area, setting a house on fire. Both pilots are dead.

"The only people on board were the two pilots, identified as Capt. Jesse Rhodes and First Officer Peter Cesarz. National Transportation Safety Board member Carol Carmody said the bodies had not been recovered, but by looking at the cockpit there's "no doubt" the pilots died. "

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld ... -headlines

Avro

Post by Avro »

My deepest condolences to the families and friends of both pilots :cry: :cry: :cry:

Avro

Post by Avro »

According to aviation-safety.net:

Operator: Pinnacle Airlines/Northwest Airlink
Msn / C/n: 7396
Year built: 2000
Total airframe hrs: 10161 hours
Engines: 2 General Electric CF34-3B1
Crew: 2 fatalities / 2 on board
Passengers: 0 fatalities / 0 on board
Total: 2 fatalities / 2 on board
Airplane damage: Written off
Phase: En route
Nature: Ferry/positioning
Departure airport: Little Rock National Airport, AR (LIT)
Destination airport: Minneapolis-St Paul International Airport, MN (MSP)
Flightnumber: 3701

B744skipper

Post by B744skipper »

Damn, this makes me feel very sad again. :cry:

My thoughts and condolences are with the people who have lost loved ones in this crash. :(

As I pointed out in the other topic, when people die in aviation accidents it always feels closer like when reading about a carcrash or something like that.

MKAirlines

Post by MKAirlines »

My deepest condolences to the family of the pilots :cry:

L-1011

Post by L-1011 »

My condolences to the family of the pilots

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Hi all,

this topic is bringing us nowhere :(

I remove a few posts

luckily SN30952 opened a new topic about the Canadair Regional Jet here: