SNBA: new partnership with Malm Aviation

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

blackhawk

SNBA: new partnership with Malmö Aviation

Post by blackhawk »

SN Brussels Airlines increases flights between European Capital and Sweden thanks to new codeshare agreement with Malmö Aviation

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Thanks to a new partnership with Malmö Aviation, SN Brussels Airlines offers from this winter season up to 10 daily flights between the European Capital and Sweden. Five daily connections are offered both on the popular Brussels – Gothenburg and five on the Brussels –Stockholm route. As of the 5th December SN will also move from Stockholm Arlanda to the very convenient and fast Stockholm - Bromma city airport.

The codeshare agreement between SN Brussels Airlines and Malmö Aviation will be effective as from the 1 st of November 2004.

On all flights between Sweden and Brussels, SN Brussels Airlines and Malmö Aviation will share capacity, which will be sold through their respective distribution channels (travel agents, website, call centre, airport ticketing desks).

“I am very pleased with this new partnership with Malmö Aviation? , says Chief Executive Officer Peter Davies of SN Brussels Airlines. “We now offer the best travel solutions of the industry between Belgium and Sweden and several destinations beyond these two countries. The time schedule of the flights is very convenient for our time-sensitive clients. This is really the best value for money.?

Ulf Axelsson, President and CEO, Malmö Aviation says : “ We are now in the position to provide our passengers much sought after frequent, direct flights to Brussels from Stockholm-Bromma city airport and Göteborg-Landvetter airport. SN Brussels not only has the same service philosophy but also use the same aircraft as Malmö Aviation. It is my belief that our passengers will experience the same comfort and enjoyment with SN Brussels as they have with us, and I am sure that their passengers will feel the same when flying with Malmö Aviation?.

Thanks to the partnership with Malmö Aviation, five daily flights will be operated between Brussels and Gothenburg. SN flies four times Brussels-Gothenburg like it is already doing today. Malmö connects both cities once a day. This results in a very complete business schedule.

http://www.brusselsairlines.com/en/comp ... cm:31-4995

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

“We now offer the best travel solutions of the industry between Belgium and Sweden and several destinations beyond these two countries. The time schedule of the flights is very convenient for our time-sensitive clients. This is really the best value for money
Is Bromma really as convenient as Arlanda? Arlanda is the international airport where most airlines fly too, a pity to see that the flights to BRU will move to Bromma.
It is my belief that our passengers will experience the same comfort and enjoyment with SN Brussels as they have with us, and I am sure that their passengers will feel the same when flying with Malmö Aviation
They will certainly enjoy "the same level of comfort" on board of the RJ100's of TF operating in a 3-3 seating layout :roll:

Thanks for the news, Blackhawk!

Frederic

EBBR

Post by EBBR »

The press-release should read: "We lost the fat Volvo Cars-contract, our biggest Scandinavian client to Malmö Aviation and now our load-factor dropped dramatically. Therefor we decided to sign this codeshare!"

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

See also the Malmö Aviation press release: https://www.aviation24.be/article6091.html
Sabena_690 wrote:Is Bromma really as convenient as Arlanda? Arlanda is the international airport where most airlines fly too, a pity to see that the flights to BRU will move to Bromma.
Bromma is at 9 km from the city, Arlanda at 38 km. Which one is more convenient? (Skavsta, where Ryanair flies, is at 88 km, no surprise there!)

Belgian people flying to Stockholm usually do not connect there, so no need to go to Arlanda!
Sabena_690 wrote:They will certainly enjoy "the same level of comfort" on board of the RJ100's of TF operating in a 3-3 seating layout :roll:
Exactly my opinion!
André
ex Sabena #26567

Avro

Post by Avro »

So if I get it right, Malmö will only operate one of the 10 daily flights to Sweden (the one to GOT) ?
Bromma is at 9 km from the city, Arlanda at 38 km. Which one is more convenient? (Skavsta, where Ryanair flies, is at 88 km, no surprise there!)
Exactly!! SN won't have a lot of connecting pax in Arlanda and Bromma is certainly more friendly for Business pax which want to be quickly in the city to do the business. So that could be a nice move indeed. But let's see and wait to see if it was the right choice to do.
They will certainly enjoy "the same level of comfort" on board of the RJ100's of TF operating in a 3-3 seating layout

Exactly my opinion!
And I can only acre on that as well. :( I really doubt that the SN passengers will get the same service level on Malmö's flights. I just had a look at www.airlinemeals.net and the only meal picture of Malmö clearly showed that you need to pay for your food. The photographer even said it costed 5 € for the meal. The picture was taken in June 2003, so I don't know whether Malmö still has the same inflight service today.

To conclude, I'm a bit disappointed to see them making a deal with Malmö. They might be operating the same types of planes (although with a 3-3 configuration) but their service level don't seem to match with the one from SN. Can you believe it you'll have to pay for food even with an SN ticket.

Chris

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

We will see a lot of Malmo-planes over here in BRU:

On the Brussels – Stockholm route, SN Brussels Airlines will continue its existing 3-daily service to Arlanda airport until the 4 th of December 2004. In addition, as of the 8 th of November, SN will already codeshare on the existing 3-daily service of Malmö Aviation between Brussels and Stockholm's Bromma airport.

However, as of the 5 th of December, SN will reduce its frequency on Stockholm to 2 daily flights and will move its operation to Bromma airport. This results in 5 daily flights between Bromma and Brussels: 3 operated by Malmo and 2 by SN.

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

The cooperation between Malmö aviation and Virgin Express will cease when the partnership with SN Brussels Airlines starts.

http://www.malmoaviation.se/o.o.i.s/7090

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

luchtzak wrote:The cooperation between Malmö aviation and Virgin Express will cease when the partnership with SN Brussels Airlines starts.

http://www.malmoaviation.se/o.o.i.s/7090
VEX still offers flights on Malmo aviation...
Ma, 13 Dec 04
Vlucht TV2250
Operated by Malmö Aviation
10:05 Vertrek Brussel (BRU)
12:20 Aankomst Stockholm Bromma (BMA)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

From the Malmö Aviation website:
Malmö Aviation has a fleet of 9 AVRO RJ 100s and 3 BAe 146-200s. These British-built aircraft are ultra-quiet four-turbofan airliners capable of carrying 112 / 96 passengers.
At SN BA the same planes carry respectively 97 / 84 passengers.

Who said "same level of comfort" ?
André
ex Sabena #26567

dna

Post by dna »

Well at least in-flight service is now free of charge on Malmö Aviation, I have been told.

Off-topic, but still:
Last November, we had booked to fly to GOT on Virgin Express. By that time, the cooperation between Virgin Express and Malmö had ceased. After contacting Virgin myself - just one week before travel - to ask what had happened to my flights, I was told that I had been re-booked on to an SN flight.

On the day of travel, we checked in with SN, and just noticed they were tagging our bags with "standby" labels. After asking what was wrong, we were told we were not on the SN passenger list. The flight was full (A319!), so in total there were about 15 passengers stranded. Most of us eventually made it to Gothenburg via Copenhagen on Maersk Air and onwards on SAS. The gate supervisor was superb, she did an excellent job. However, we felt very let down by Virgin Express, whose customer service is rather a shambles if you ask me.

David

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

Is this the result of the SNBA-VEX merger??

Ozzie1969
Location: Brugge, Flanders + Annan, Scotland + Ormoc,Philippines

Post by Ozzie1969 »

Sabena_690 wrote:Is Bromma really as convenient as Arlanda? Arlanda is the international airport where most airlines fly too, a pity to see that the flights to BRU will move to Bromma.
If you stand in front of the Royal Palace in Stockholm, you can actually see the aircraft starting their descent to Bromma Airport, that's how close it is to the city centre ("Gamla Stan" or "old town"). By the way, I visited Stockholm in the summer, but flew Ryanair, which lands at Skavsta Airport. For the tourist, it doesn't really matter that this airport is further away. As soon as you leave the Skavsta airport building, you hop on a bus, and an hour later, it drops you at City Terminalen, which is in the center of Stockholm. Business travellers of course might find this a waste of time.