Air India to lease 3 B772's from United Airlines

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Sabena_690

Air India to lease 3 B772's from United Airlines

Post by Sabena_690 »

Those are the details:

x N205UA will be Dec 2004 delivery as VT-AII and will go into service on LHR routes

x N789UA and N790UA will be mid-Jan 2005 deliveries and one will be used for FRA/ORD flights effective February

x The displaced 744s will be reallocated to FRA/LAX from March.

x The second 777 will launch FRA/SFO in mid-April.

Info comes from airliners.net. The poster of the info is known as a guy who is very obsessed with B777's, but his B777-info is mostly reliable, so I expect the above information to be correct.

Frederic

Jense

Re: Air India to lease 3 B772's from United Airlines

Post by Jense »

Thanks for the good news Frederic... nice to see those great machines climbing up in the sky again 8) :!:

N205UA is currently still in storage in Goodyear / Phoenix - AZ.
N790UA is currently still in storage in Goodyear / Phoenix - AZ.
N789UA is currently back in use after storage in Goodyear / Phoenix - AZ.

Mentioned on JP.Net for N205UA: Air India leases this bird just 15 days after the photo was taken. (pic http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=363680 )
Sabena_690 wrote:The poster of the info is known as a guy who is very obsessed with B777's
Just as I am :wink: :P

greettzzz

Avro

Post by Avro »

Thanks for this nice piece of info Fred. It's indeed great to see some B777's leaving the desert again, and the T7 will certainly be a nice new addition to AI's current (older) fleet.

Is AI planning to take more B777's and for how long should they lease those 3 B777's of United ?

I'm really looking forward to see the very old colours scheme of AI on those birds :)

Chris

Robin_Bamps

Post by Robin_Bamps »

This one was confirmed by Skyliner Aviation :

Boeing 777-222 c/n 28714/205 VT-AII Air India
for delivery dec04, ex GYR-storage ex N205UA

Regards, Robin Bamps.

B744skipper

Post by B744skipper »

I agree with the posters above that it's a good thing that those birds are back in the air again, and not collecting dust in the desert.

Are the birds used as a replacement of some sort or is it about adding additional capacity?
The Air India colour scheme will be looking interesting on the B777 for sure. :D

Btw, how many more B777's are in storage?

Flying-Belgian

Post by Flying-Belgian »

Thx Fredje. 8)

I think we will see AI expanding more and more shortly.

The demand is VERY VERY high for those India/UK/US sectors. India is beside China the world's fastest growing country/economy.

With rumours of Jet Airways and bmi both starting UK-INDIA service, the news of the AI 777 wasn't a big surprise.

I'd be curious to know the leasing rates of those machines compared to the leasing of a brand new 777... :roll:

FB.