Will Exel-group buy V-Bird ?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

beaucaire

Will Exel-group buy V-Bird ?

Post by beaucaire »

Has anybody confirmation regarding rumours on german forums that Exel-group is due to buy V-Bird ? The name of V-Bird's Ex manager Robert Stinga are mentined as new boss...

Dude320

Post by Dude320 »

I hope Exel will do it !

Especially for the staff and the schedule they have now.

Would be pitty that next airline is bankrupt within 1 year of Ops. (Jetmagic,...)

On the other hand is their still such a market for Low-cost Airlines ??

Or is the market almost saturized by the bigger ones :
-Ryanair
-Air Berlin
-Easyjet
-Wizzair
-Sky europe
-Volare

Is there still place for V Bird, Air Polonia... (the smaller players on the market)

Sooner or later some of them will stop ops i guess...

That is my opinion...

What is yours ??

Rgds,

Yuw

ELLX

Post by ELLX »

ThomasCook wrote:Sooner or later some of them will stop ops i guess.
I'd say not only the smaller ones but also lots of the bigger lcc will get a hard life in the coming years..

beaucaire

Post by beaucaire »

reading on the forum of the Niederrhein aviation forum there could be a possibility of a major re-arrangment within the Exel's group A 320's and 757 's - meaning the A 32's would go to V-Bird and the 757 would be used for charter flights. Dutch bird could be desolved...
It's pure speculation but based on realistic assessment of fleet-deployment .

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

beaucaire wrote:reading on the forum of the Niederrhein aviation forum there could be a possibility of a major re-arrangment within the Exel's group A 320's and 757 's - meaning the A 32's would go to V-Bird and the 757 would be used for charter flights. Dutch bird could be desolved...
It's pure speculation but based on realistic assessment of fleet-deployment .
Does the Exel Aviation Group have other airlines (Dutchbird) besides the Exel Airlines? Other aircraft besides the ATR and B767?
Why would EA start HollandExel if they own Dutchbird? makes no sense...

SN30952

Expect a violent bloodbath?

Post by SN30952 »

beaucaire wrote: a ... re-arrangment within the Exel's group A 320's and 757 's -.... Dutch bird could be desolved... It's pure speculation but based on realistic assessment of fleet-deployment .
I gave a clue on that a couple of weeks ago, remember?
Buzz wrote:Does the Exel Aviation Group have other airlines (Dutchbird) besides the Exel Airlines? Other aircraft besides the ATR and B767?Why would EA start HollandExel if they own Dutchbird? makes no sense...
Ryanair announced a winter-bloodbath. This might just be an intro to the big opera. The weakest would go first, strenghtening the 'overtaker', who will gain even more momentum to take over former stronger competitor(s). The battle will have possibly no more than two issues: some will overplay their hand, some will consolidate their assets.
For once, the service airlines can sit back and wait to hit hard when the time is right, or just push the one who overplayed its hand, over the edge.
In no case will the winner take it all.
When Ryanair announced a winter-bloodbath, it implicated that the process would be violent....

B744skipper

Post by B744skipper »

I think there is (still) a market for V-Bird, I did read in an other forum (I forgot which, maybe A.net?) that they were making operational profit but still had some debts to pay, and that would be a problem.

So why not taking over an airline which makes profit?
Only possible answer could be because they would have to pay V-Bird's old debts.

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

SN30952, did you qoute me wrongly or is there an answer to my question in your reply?
If there is, can you explain it a bit more?
Thanks

SN30952

Post by SN30952 »

Buzz wrote:SN30952, did you qoute me wrongly or is there an answer to my question in your reply?
If there is, can you explain it a bit more? Thanks
Exel's plan is expansion. That what I tried to explain.
Holland Exel (HXL). Holland Exel is een onderdeel van de Exel Aviation Group waar ook Belgium Exel deel van uitmaakt. Holland Exel vult het gat dat is ontstaan doordat Air Holland haar activiteiten heeft gestaakt. Holland Exel telt zo'n 750 werknemers en heeft de beschikking over een vloot van ruim 30 toestellen. Exel Aviation Group, een onderneming behorend tot het imperium van de Amsterdamse zakenman Erik de Vlieger

SilverJET

Post by SilverJET »

I heard that Exel wants to start a LCC, named Exel Lite.......

Maybe our dutch friends from Maastricht ;) can provide us with more info.

Regards
Raymond

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

Yes, if anyone is expanding, it's the ExelAviationGroup, seems they start at least 1 airline every week...
I have read a lot about them & about VBird in the last days, but I can't quite see where Dutchbird (I assume an independent Dutch charter company) fits in the whole story...
The latest I read was that Exel buys Vbird & Dutchbird, shifts the A320's to Vbird for LCC & keeps the 757 with Dutchbird for charter...
I don't believe much of it though, they would better start ExelLite & get some 757's for HollandExel, cost less & seams easier...

A318

Post by A318 »

As you probably all know by now V-Bird is not operating anymore since yesterday morning 4:00 AM.
They don't even have planes anymore since the leasing company picked up their airbusses yesterday morning and brought them to Shannon airport in Ireland.

The Exel Aviation group is not interested anymore in V-Bird since there debts are way to big and it is not worth anymore to give it a chance.
Dutchbird however, as anounced yesterday, is taken over by the Exel Aviation Group and will be inluded in the current Holland Exel.
With the inclusion of the airplanes from Dutchbird, Holland Exel is now at the same size as Martinair and Transavia together.
It looks like Erik de Vlieger is going to be, with it's Exel Aviation Group, the biggest concurrent from the KLM group. I wonder how long Martinair will stay 50% undependent in this battle.

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal