Brussels Airlines in 2018

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

b.lufthansa

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2018

Post by b.lufthansa »

We go the extra smile! (but not after 23:00)

Poiu

Post by Poiu »

CTBke wrote: 05 Mar 2018, 14:09 the reason why they need to que is because they have to get the option between rebooking or compensation instead it's a Belgian law somehow.. asked it on a FB group and that's what someone responded .. that's why they can't rebook pax at once in case of cancellations and rerouting
Pax wishing to cancel and get compensation should be doable online, that would shorten the queues a bit.

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

Poiu wrote: 05 Mar 2018, 15:33
CTBke wrote: 05 Mar 2018, 14:09 the reason why they need to que is because they have to get the option between rebooking or compensation instead it's a Belgian law somehow.. asked it on a FB group and that's what someone responded .. that's why they can't rebook pax at once in case of cancellations and rerouting
Pax wishing to cancel and get compensation should be doable online, that would shorten the queues a bit.
true but sadly SN isn't that up to date yet with online bookings and rebookings, if you look at their Facebook page a lot of people are complaining about errors etc
Citybird
The flying dream

b720

Post by b720 »

Cancelling online works very well, unlike rebooking online.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

With extreme weather like last Friday -Code Orange was called by the Weather Bureau- there is no compensation to be paid. However, when a flight is cancelled because of extreme weather, passengers still have the right to choose between a rebooking and a full refund. But there's no need to stay at the airport for that.

Jetter

Post by Jetter »

airbuske wrote: 04 Mar 2018, 16:48 We went in the queue and explained the passengers that we would close at 2300 but the passengers stayed in the line. Brussels Airport made some calls that all the desks would close at 2300.
You must have guts to tell that to people who were already waiting in the line for hours. Also this isn't a reasonable or customer friendly announcement. Customers have no idea how long a line will take to clear, SN staff does. You intentionally let people wait longer while risking not being helped at all. If anything, SN should have cut the line up to the point where customers would have been helped.

Also 'we're closing at 23.00' no matter the circumstances reminds me way to much of the officials mentality at Sabena. SN and it's apparently unmotivated staff should be ashamed.

b720

Post by b720 »

Passenger wrote: 06 Mar 2018, 00:11
With extreme weather like last Friday -Code Orange was called by the Weather Bureau- there is no compensation to be paid. However, when a flight is cancelled because of extreme weather, passengers still have the right to choose between a rebooking and a full refund. But there's no need to stay at the airport for that.
Maybe not if u live in Belgium and was on your way to a city trip or business meetings abroad. But for those who were in brussels for business or connecting through brussels on their way home to their families and children they queue to make sure that they get on the next available flight. They should have remained open till the last stranded passenger was assisted. Their apology the next day was not really an apology ..”... we did everything we could..” they messed up and I hope they learn a lesson for next time..

JustPlanes

Post by JustPlanes »

I may be completely wrong but that doesn't really seem like the old mentality when they were trying hard for SN but now that the company is in hands of LH and that the future is up in the air they may not care as much and when it comes time to go home its bye bye...
In any case my 15 years at Sabena we had plenty of weather cancellations and even more strike cancellations and when you have a 747 with 378 pax and its a weather situation all hotels are full... or if you have 378 pax in middle of summer and you try to rebook them everyone else is full however we took care of each and every one of them before going home so I doubt that that was the mentality of Sabena or even SN before they became full owned by LH.

To be honest once Swissair came into Sabena I lost interest too and saw that the future was in the air for staff at best... Swissair would obviously first take care of Swissair staff and I left the company before the collapse... if I was working for SN now in Brussels and I finished my shift I may be thinking, who cares... its LH and I've done my shift... I'm not saying its right... I'm just trying to understand why you would lave any pax stranded because thats a lost customer for sure!

b720

Post by b720 »

And those who were abandoned at 23:00 will most probably never want to fly SN again.. and imagine what they tell their friends and family when they finally do get home. Asking your staff to work until all stranded are helped and offer them compensation (if not money extra holidays) and maybe taxi to go back home in the middle of the night .. these are decisions that could have been made in minutes. Bad weather was already forecast days in advance and it started snowing at 3 pm! They messed up big time!

eurojet

Post by eurojet »

I was blocked in LCY trying to go back on Friday with Luxair:
1) when I saw my flight was cancelled, I called Luxair and my phone was picked up straight away (and BTW, Findel was closed as well, so they had also many calls).
2) They told me straight away I was rebooked on the flight the next day, Saturday. They told me to book accomodation and to send the invoice afterwards to Luxair
3) On Saturday our LCY was closed due to fog. I was at airport, very quickly we were splitted in groups and send in taxi to Stansted, where Luxair programmed a "repatriation flight" for some 150 pax. We were told to keep our drink receipts with us for later compensation by Luxair.

OK, the scale of the 2 companies cannot be compared, but just top notch care taken by them. "Willen is Kunnen" ...

C96C

Post by C96C »

When are OO-SNK, SNL, and SNM arriving? I thought that one of these would be delivered already in February.

DeltaWiskey

Post by DeltaWiskey »

SNL 2nd part of this month
SNM first half of April
SNK end of May

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

DeltaWiskey wrote: 09 Mar 2018, 08:20 SNL 2nd part of this month
SNM first half of April
SNK end of May
Those are 3 more Airbus 320, right?
I wonder where they will all park in the morning as the entire A terminal is already full with B.air planes every day and they even started pushing easyjet/ryanair off their nearby positions as they need ever more space for their seemingly unstopable expansion: a terminal extension is urgently needed.

flightlover

Post by flightlover »

Inquirer wrote: 09 Mar 2018, 08:46
DeltaWiskey wrote: 09 Mar 2018, 08:20 SNL 2nd part of this month
SNM first half of April
SNK end of May
Those are 3 more Airbus 320, right?
I wonder where they will all park in the morning as the entire A terminal is already full with B.air planes every day and they even started pushing easyjet/ryanair off their nearby positions as they need ever more space for their seemingly unstopable expansion: a terminal extension is urgently needed.
Apron 6, 3 and 4. But they will get crowded soon if all new planes and operators arrive in the coming months.

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

Apron 6 and 4 will get a lot of use in the coming months, some works are scheduled on Apron 3 :)
Thomas

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

A long interview of Count Davignon in the Belgian edition of Paris Match, worth reading every word:

https://parismatch.be/actualites/econom ... s-airlines#!

Some of his statements:

- No airline with 50 or 60 aeroplanes can develop without an alliance. Some of the costs are the same as for an airline with 600 planes.

- The national identity needs to be maintained, like for Swiss and Austrian which continue to exist within the Lufthansa Group. Brussels Airlines can similarly exist within the Eurowings Group.

- Brussels Airlines to operate the long-haul routes from Düseldorf: an opportunity to use the competencies of Brussels Airlines, since Frankfurt is saturated. And contrarily to what Arnaud Feist says, DÛsseldorf is not in competition with Brussels: the destinations are different.

- The costs of SN are lower than those of LH

- About the departure of Gustin, Davignon regrets that the difference of opinions evolved into a battle of persons. And between the one who has 100% of the shares and the one who has 0%, it is easy to guess the winner.

- Whatever is being said, Eurowings evolves towards a hybrid model like the SN model, and not the opposite.
André
ex Sabena #26567

evyncke

Post by evyncke »

sn26567 wrote: 10 Mar 2018, 18:07 A long interview of Count Davignon in the Belgian edition of Paris Match, worth reading every word:

- Whatever is being said, Eurowings evolves towards a hybrid model like the SN model, and not the opposite.
My opinion on this 'Count' is ... but let's hope that for once he is right and that the last bullet will be true

JustPlanes

Post by JustPlanes »

sn26567 wrote: 10 Mar 2018, 18:07 Some of his statements:

- No airline with 50 or 60 aeroplanes can develop without an alliance. Some of the costs are the same as for an airline with 600 planes.

- Brussels Airlines to operate the long-haul routes from Düseldorf: an opportunity to use the competencies of Brussels Airlines, since Frankfurt is saturated. And contrarily to what Arnaud Feist says, DÛsseldorf is not in competition with Brussels: the destinations are different.
And this is why almost every airline in Belgium over the past 25 years has failed... its run by people who shouldn't be in aviation whatsoever! I just took 2 statements of this article...

1) Really... no airline with 50-60 planes can develop without an alliance... Want me to make a list?

2) No airline can develop without an alliance.. Yes Sir.. ALLIANCE is the key... not SALE dummy! With the sale its over and out! Another one who hasn't learned his lessons from history (Sabena)

3) Wonderful... SN can operate long haul flights from DUS... which does absolutely nothing to expanding the SN network, does absolutely nothing to Brussels Airport and nothing for Belgium either. Huge loss!

4) DUS is not in competition with BRU... Its so sad that these people have been allowed to ruin another Belgian airline... I worked for Sabena for 15 years and saw that airline being destroyed by people who shouldn't have been involved... and its the same all over again... what was the point to start Brussels Airlines... SHAME!!!

sn-remember

Post by sn-remember »

Thank you André for the Paris-Match link but I don't have the courage to read it through.
The excerpts you quote are sufficient to understand there is nothing special. He is just blowing his own whistle.
What else to expect from ED ?
This man has proved his long time incompetence in the air transport business under his long time chairmanship.

DeltaWiskey

Post by DeltaWiskey »

JustPlanes wrote: 11 Mar 2018, 10:20 1) Really... no airline with 50-60 planes can develop without an alliance... Want me to make a list?
Yes, please do.
I am very interested which (European) airlines with a fleet of around 50-60 aircraft fly short haul and long haul and that are not part of an alliance or a larger group. I think the list is very short. I am curious though.