Nice article about Denim Air

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

A318

Nice article about Denim Air

Post by A318 »

I recently found a very nice article about Denim Air / Denim Airways and want to share this with all of you enthusiasts.
Read all about the past, present and future of this Dutch company:

http://www.airsider.net/files/2004/0604 ... nimair.htm

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

levent

Post by levent »

Hi Erwin,

Thanks for this link. Having worked for Denim for two years I find it very interesting. What strikes me is that the Fokker 70 isn´t mentioned anymore. Indeed the F100 is more readily available nowadays. Seen Denim´s preference for Fokker, I don´t think they will choose the Q400.

"Denim's scheduled flights were originally operated using the brand name "Euro-Hopper" but quite soon, the name was changed to Denim Airways, to mark the strong ties with the parent company Denim Air." That is partly true, but they don´t mention the protests of KLM cityhopper because of the name similarity ;-)

A318

Post by A318 »

Correct Levent, looks like the Fokker 70 and/or 100's are in the future again since we are all looking to a possible expansion of turbo props.
Rumours are floating around but that's all up to now.
Just keep a look once and a while on this site, if there is some news I will let you know!

ps. After a short OPS period I made a move to Crew Scheduling & Planning department ;)

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal