DHL expansion?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

TCAS_climb

Post by TCAS_climb »

The major flaw of that poll is that there's probably not many Flemish people represented. The second thing that struck me is that the first time I saw it there were roughly 2.700 votes. The second time I saw it it was well over 8.000, and the percentages for each answer hadn't changed much !

Avro

Post by Avro »

You have to finish the following sentence: "DHL will not grow in Brussels, it's...

- too bad for employment 27%
- good riddance ! 26%
It just shows that there are more people inconvenienced by DHL than people having a job thanks to DHL.
Well I don't think so. Many poeple who answered that poll are certainly not concerned by the noise as well.

I was very surprised when I discussed this issue with some friends at university a few days ago. Most of them (90% I would say) don't live near the airport and believe everything what the politicians say. Hereby they simply think that DHL played a wicked game with the governments, that DHL use very old and crappy planes and that it would be very good for Belgium if they leave.
Most of them simply don't realize that the politicians aren't telling the entire truth....

Chris

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Meanwhile the decision to move to Leipzig has not been made according to Deutsche Post, they are still discussing to take Vatry, France or Leipzig, Germany. Official announcement in a few days....

Making a new hub in Vatry or Leipzig is an investment of 250.000.000€ and 1.000ths of new jobs.

http://www.hln.be/hln/cch/det/art_27287.html