Amsterdam flights capped; some cargo operators compelled to move elsewhere

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Atlantis

Re: Amsterdam flights capped; some cargo operators compelled to move elsewhere

Post by Atlantis »

Singapore Airlines Cargo will move all it's cargo ops from AMS to BRU. This means that 4 extra flights ex-BRU per week will be on the conto of Singapore.
Singapore Airlines is already one of the bigger players at BRU, so this step was logic. As a matter of fact. A few years ago SQ moved some flights from BRU to AMS, those are now coming back.

In meantime we see for the second week also Kalitta back in BRU with a weekly flight from New York. They fly further to Bjiboeti. This also can be increased soon.

Air Cargo Global is also back since two weeks with one flight a week.

It's waiting now if Kalitta and Air Cargo Global will expand further at BRU.

About Qatar and Emirates no news for the moment if they will transfer some cargo flights.

BRU

Post by BRU »

Kalitta flights as well as Air Cargo Global are charter flights, not related to the AMS situation. Kalitta will move its 2 scheduled flights that have lost their slot to MST.

Qatar is not affected and keeps its existing slots at Amsterdam. Emirates is indeed considering BRU as one of the options but looks at several other airports too.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Any idea how Singapore Airlines Cargo plans to deal with the noise issue ?
Unless they left for another reason a while back, and all this was theatre, ofc...
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Acid-drop wrote: 12 Oct 2017, 19:14 Any idea how Singapore Airlines Cargo plans to deal with the noise issue ?
Unless they left for another reason a while back, and all this was theatre, ofc...
Acid-drop

SQ Cargo didn't left BRU, they only moved a few flights from BRU to AMS, that's not the same as "left"

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

No extra slots for cargo at Schiphol. Cargo carriers can really be looking over the borders now to Belgium and Germany.

https://www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl/nieuws/ ... p-schiphol

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Heuvelland Hotels Tourism Association is organizing a campaign against a possible runway prolongation for Maastricht Beek Airport. They don't want more cargo operations there - and surely not from the big ones. They say that tourists come to the region to relax, not to enjoy take off noise.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Passenger wrote: 13 Oct 2017, 21:43 Heuvelland Hotels Tourism Association is organizing a campaign against a possible runway prolongation for Maastricht Beek Airport. They don't want more cargo operations there - and surely not from the big ones. They say that tourists come to the region to relax, not to enjoy take off noise.
We have to do the same here!!!!!
Hasta la victoria siempre.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

lumumba wrote: 14 Oct 2017, 00:15
Passenger wrote: 13 Oct 2017, 21:43 Heuvelland Hotels Tourism Association is organizing a campaign against a possible runway prolongation for Maastricht Beek Airport. They don't want more cargo operations there - and surely not from the big ones. They say that tourists come to the region to relax, not to enjoy take off noise.
Euh... for which Belgian airports?

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Passenger wrote: 14 Oct 2017, 01:11
Brussels naturally we have already a noise problem why do we take more traffic from those noisy old big plane's....
Like in Maastricht we want a quality life for Flanders and Brussels!
Hasta la victoria siempre.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

lumumba wrote: 14 Oct 2017, 10:53
Passenger wrote: 14 Oct 2017, 01:11

Brussels naturally we have already a noise problem why do we take more traffic from those noisy old big plane's....
Like in Maastricht we want a quality life for Flanders and Brussels!
If people have a problem with airport noise, they should sell their cheaply acquired house/ground/appartment and go elsewhere where the vinegar is less sour and there is not a soul nearby, maybe the depths of ardennes forests would be a suggestion. The airport has been there since 1914, same cannot be said from 99,5% of the complainers :roll: :evil:

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

lumumba wrote: 14 Oct 2017, 10:53 Brussels naturally we have already a noise problem why do we take more traffic from those noisy old big plane's.... Like in Maastricht we want a quality life for Flanders and Brussels!
I guess that doesn't apply for the long haul flights that you need to take yourself every now and then? Agree, an A330-300 doesn't make the same noise as a 747-200F, but an A330 isn't a whisper jet neither.

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

Really? “Noisy old big planes”? Which ones exactly?
It’s not like the 744 is a silent aircraft, but I don’t really see any company starting any flights with a 747-200 or the likes.
Life is always a compromise. EBBR is already very heavily noise regulated. Adding more restrictions on top won’t help anyone, especially not the economy.
Thomas

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

From my personal experience from the ground, a (pax) a330 is always much louder than a 777F (obviously) but also than a 747-400F
Only an md11 beats it.
There are no 747-200 flying anymore.
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

People should be happy that airlines chose and wants to fly to Belgium (no matter which airport) bcs Belgium is not an easy country with all those rediculous fights between all governments etc.

This is good for the economy, jobs and money for food which you can give on the plates to your family.
So instead of complaining, welcome them with open arms as it gives extra jobs.

If not satisfied, move away from the very noisy Belgium bcs we have noise everywhere as we are such a small country but we are an international traffic country.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Acid-drop wrote: 14 Oct 2017, 14:09 There are no 747-200 flying anymore.
There are a few 200F still active:
https://www.planespotters.net/operators ... 47/747-200
Example:
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/4l-gel

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Hi Passenger,

I think Acid-drop was saying that there are no B747-200 flying anymore at BRU.
At BRU we have only, speaking about B747, only the B747-400F and B747-800F

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Emirates will use BRU more from 29 oct.
No numbers yet, probably 2 flights per week

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

According to Luchtvaartnieuws.nl, Emirates Skycargo is to move 6 weekly cargo flights to Brussels, Frankfurt and Copenhagen.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

I don't know if this has to do with the limitations at AMS, but airline route reports that China's Suparna Airlines (formerly known as Yangtse River Express) has applied for new routing for flights to Brussels, Frankfurt-Hahn and Los Angeles in the 4th Quarter of 2017 with 747F.
André
ex Sabena #26567