Amsterdam flights capped; some cargo operators compelled to move elsewhere

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Acid-drop

Re: Amsterdam flights capped; some cargo operators compelled to move elsewhere

Post by Acid-drop »

Thats a lot of 747f now, the noise issue is not an issue anymore it seems
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

FLYAIR10

Post by FLYAIR10 »

Lets hope everyone gets a nice share of the cake
I guess also Ostend-Bruges airport could be considered by some airlines 'escaping' AMS.
Unless I overlooked it ,it was not mentioned yet in this thread....

ostair

Post by ostair »

FLYAIR10 wrote: 19 Oct 2017, 16:54
I guess also Ostend-Bruges airport could be considered by some airlines 'escaping' AMS.

Yeah would be great.
But it needs to during the day only,not disturbing any TUI flight and not flying to "Egyptair or Strike aviation" destinations. :?

FLYAIR10

Post by FLYAIR10 »

FLYAIR10 wrote: ↑
19 Oct 2017, 16:54

Yeah would be great.
But it needs to during the day only,not disturbing any TUI flight and not flying to "Egyptair or Strike aviation" destinations.
Lol. Miami and Latin America would be fine then... and Far-East aswell. ;)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Air Cargo Netherlands obtains government support in its bid to implement a ‘local rule’ at Amsterdam Schiphol, to help freighters secure slots at the capacity-restricted airport.

A resurgence of the well-known Dutch protectionism?
André
ex Sabena #26567

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

And now russia is doing blackmail !
Not good for LGG... they really want AMS badly... i wonder why, 2-3h truck drive isnt crazy bad is it ?
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Acid-drop wrote: 31 Oct 2017, 13:14 And now russia is doing blackmail !
Not good for LGG... they really want AMS badly... i wonder why, 2-3h truck drive isnt crazy bad is it ?
https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/russi ... -aircraft/

ZavCity

Post by ZavCity »

Hallo

Latest news, coming fromRussian side (TASS) is that KLM and ABW will share their slots at AMS...Seems the Russians are winning the battle!
gtz
paul

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Not good for us !

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Acid-drop wrote: 31 Oct 2017, 23:41 Not good for us !
It's good for the airline: they can keep their operations as planned.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

ZavCity wrote: 31 Oct 2017, 17:14 Latest news, coming fromRussian side (TASS) is that KLM and ABW will share their slots at AMS...Seems the Russians are winning the battle!
Confirmed by the Dutch press now. They all refer to a press statement from minister Cora Van Nieuwenhuizen (Infrastructuur en Waterstaat), stating that the minister insisted on these "negoaciations". RTL reports this quote from the minister: "...Mede op mijn aandringen zitten de KLM en ABC rond de tafel voor deze oplossing waarmee het Russische luchtruim ook dit seizoen toegankelijk blijft voor de Nederlandse luchtvaart. Inzet is dat er deze week een akkoord moet liggen waarmee de vrachtvervoerder ABC de benodigde slots krijgt..."

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

The complicity between Schiphol, KLM and the slot coordinator was remarkable until now. Protectionism at its best! But as Mr Putin is raising eyebrows, they will have to give in...
André
ex Sabena #26567

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

If putin wants fresh poffertjes, the dutch will bend over also ?
Its pride vs money now.
Ok money always win ;)

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

The new Dutch minister for Infrastructure ("Verkeer en Waterstaat") has halted the runway extension at Maastricht. Reason: the environment investigation (MER) was done with wrong figures.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Passenger wrote: 01 Nov 2017, 13:56
ZavCity wrote: 31 Oct 2017, 17:14 Latest news, coming fromRussian side (TASS) is that KLM and ABW will share their slots at AMS...Seems the Russians are winning the battle!
Confirmed by the Dutch press now. They all refer to a press statement from minister Cora Van Nieuwenhuizen (Infrastructuur en Waterstaat), stating that the minister insisted on these "negoaciations". RTL reports this quote from the minister: "...Mede op mijn aandringen zitten de KLM en ABC rond de tafel voor deze oplossing waarmee het Russische luchtruim ook dit seizoen toegankelijk blijft voor de Nederlandse luchtvaart. Inzet is dat er deze week een akkoord moet liggen waarmee de vrachtvervoerder ABC de benodigde slots krijgt..."
KLM and Air Bridge Cargo have reached an agreement for the slots issue.
(source: Dutch social media)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Blackmail has worked: ABC gets slots at AMS and KLM can fly above Russia, but only until March 2018.
André
ex Sabena #26567

a380bigbeast

Post by a380bigbeast »

What is the impact of this on ABC flights moved to LGG ? Back to AMS ?

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

It might be the case already.

ostair

Post by ostair »

Passenger wrote: 02 Nov 2017, 15:33 The new Dutch minister for Infrastructure ("Verkeer en Waterstaat") has halted the runway extension at Maastricht. Reason: the environment investigation (MER) was done with wrong figures.
Good news for Belgium or not?
Why is Maastricht closed at night and still have freighters?

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

ostair wrote: 04 Nov 2017, 23:31
Passenger wrote: 02 Nov 2017, 15:33 The new Dutch minister for Infrastructure ("Verkeer en Waterstaat") has halted the runway extension at Maastricht. Reason: the environment investigation (MER) was done with wrong figures.
Good news for Belgium or not?
Well, it surely limits the alternative airports for heavier cargo chased away from AMS. It seems that the noise nuisance has been calculated upon optimal conditions, example without ATC restrictions (like for other traffic from nearby airports).

And more important: the same story is now ongoing for Lelystad Airport, supposed to become the "holiday flights airport" from AMS Schiphol (Lelystad Airport is also exploited by Amsterdam Airport). The environment damage report (MER) for Lelystad Airport was done the same way as for Maastricht Airport: optimal conditions, without ATC restrictions. But in real life, aircraft will have to stay much longer on low altitude because of possible conflict with AMS traffic. Much more inhabitants near Lelystad will thus suffer from noise nuisance as was calculated in the MER report. The minister has now ordered a new environment report, so most likely the number of flights that can be moved from AMS to Lelystad will decrease. And low cost airlines already complain about the low number there...