Amsterdam flights capped; some cargo operators compelled to move elsewhere

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Acid-drop

Re: Brucargo 2017: cargo routes, news

Post by Acid-drop »

well that is some massive news !
fingers crossed
(LGG is the best choice, obviously 8-) )

Some source in English btw :
https://theloadstar.co.uk/threat-cargo- ... -schiphol/
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

I suggest that in such cases you give a short summary in English. Here it is:

Amsterdam is capacity-constrained: flights are capped at 500,000 per year. That means that some cargo operators must move their operations elsewhere. Brussels, Liege, Maastricht, Frankfurt-Hahn and Luxembourg are the most likely to benefit from that transfer.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

It's already a rumour for a month or two that AMS could lose some of their cargo players to other airports nearby. BRU and LGG were very much named in this.

Moreover, some of them who didn't reached their 80% of the flights are also flying on BRU like Singapore, Saudi, Emirates, Qatar. They have already operations here, handling, etc and can move easily their full ops to BRU if they received the extra slots here.

Kalitta is flying too but this for DHL

It depend of course of the noise restrictions (Brussels government) and if they are keen to move their B744F (Singapore and Saudi) to BRU from AMS.

But it opens perspectives as we saw in the past few years a lot of moving to/from BRU/AMS

PS: today at AMS, some hundreds of employees at Menzies are fired bcs one of their biggest clients, AirBridgeCargo didn't flew 80% of their flights. They will not receive new slots. Menzies lost also already Etihad as cargo client.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Also Air Cargo Global is again at Brucargo. This is one of the cargo companies who left the airport earlier.

Maybe it is only adhoc but I saw them the last month twice already. Also today they will arrive back.
They do exactly the same destinations as before.

Is it maybe only adhoc or a small re-start again? Time will tell.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

According to Luchtvaartnieuws.nl, Airbridgecargo is looking for other airports as it will lose 2/3 of it's slots at AMS.
According to Airbridgecargo, airports in Germany and Belgium are the best ones as they still have enough space for them.

Let's see what will be the next weeks or months.

https://www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl/nieuws/ ... r-schiphol

SR20

Post by SR20 »

Atlantis wrote: 28 Sep 2017, 12:23 According to Luchtvaartnieuws.nl, Airbridgecargo is looking for other airports as it will lose 2/3 of it's slots at AMS.
According to Airbridgecargo, airports in Germany and Belgium are the best ones as they still have enough space for them.

I heard that there were negociations with Liege (LGG)

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

FredATC wrote: 28 Sep 2017, 21:17
Atlantis wrote: 28 Sep 2017, 12:23 According to Luchtvaartnieuws.nl, Airbridgecargo is looking for other airports as it will lose 2/3 of it's slots at AMS.

I heard that there were negociations with Liege (LGG)
That could be bcs LGG is 24/7. BRU has the better connections but they have the noise restrictions with Brussels capital.
So if a new airline is looking for a replacement, than they want to have a stable basis.
But it will not say that BRU has no potential. Be sure that they will do everything to have them aboard ;)

ostair

Post by ostair »

LGG has a very good commercial department, much better than a other regional airport..--)

BRU

Post by BRU »

Singapore Airlines cargo will already add 4 weekly flights to its BRU operation due to slots lost in Amsterdam. ABC would early October start with several flights in LGG, not decided yet what will happen with the remainder. Several carriers are in negociations with BRU, LGG, MST, HHN, ... Winter season is starting in one month, so expect more news on all of them very soon.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Rumours in the Dutch press: within three weeks, the Dutch government will announce its decision to give Maastricht Airport a runway extension (today it's 2.500m real use).

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Funny how that news comes now as if it had any link....
I wonder how 2750m instead of 2500 can be a game changer ? Who is good with those calculation ?
Anyway, the airline still decides and and there are several much bigger much better airports around (ok... one less now). May the best win ;)
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Acid-drop wrote: 01 Oct 2017, 20:03 Funny how that news comes now as if it had any link.... I wonder how 2750m instead of 2500 can be a game changer ? Who is good with those calculation ? Anyway, the airline still decides and and there are several much bigger much better airports around (ok... one less now). May the best win ;)
Today is already 2.750m, from which 2.500m is allowed as real runway length. The new distance (probably +3.000m) isn't known yet - but it will surely be an alternative for AMS, which is sending away cargo airlines because passengers bring in more revenu.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Also Cargolux and Emirates will lose slots at AMS.

Both cargo carriers are flying also at BRU (Luxair in cooperation with Emirates).

As member BRU already mentioned, 4 extra flights of SQ will come to BRU. Maybe we can see also extra flights of Emirates and Luxair to BRU.

BRU

Post by BRU »

Emirates might be an option, Cargolux is loosing slots they were not using. So no need to replace flights. Same goes for example for Saudia.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

sn26567

Re: Amsterdam flights capped; some cargo operators compelled to move elsewhere

Post by sn26567 »

Amsterdam Schiphol Airport could see as many as 37 freighter flights per week disappear in winter 2017/18 as a result of slot restrictions at the hub.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Lets hope everyone gets a nice share of the cake

Yuqu12

Post by Yuqu12 »

Maybe the companies who traded BRU for AMS can restart at BRU?

SR20

Post by SR20 »

AirBridge Cargo is starting operations at LGG this monday !

http://www.lesoir.be/118428/article/201 ... ge-airport