Brussels Airlines in 2017

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Yuqu12

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2017

Post by Yuqu12 »

I'm wondering whether this is a way for LH to go around the competition rules. It isn't sure yet that they can take over AB as their market share would become to big. So if they want to expand indirectly without any problems, they use a foreign daughter company to do so as the market share of LH won't increase this way.

LeFreak

Post by LeFreak »

Aircraft flown by newly hired german crews, our own crews are left in the cold :evil: total disrespect from management
viva jumbolino!

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

There must be something that I don't understand in this.

So, SN pilots and cabin crews will be flying "their" aircraft from "their" base in DUS to "their" destinations.
Then who will be flying the SN A330s?

When an SN pilots goes flying for say EK, does this count in the SN "growth"?

H.A.

ezis_bis

Post by ezis_bis »

Which makes me wonder, are Belgian or SN contracts cheaper than Eurowings?

Or would this be down to being 'non-German'?

Thomaaas

Post by Thomaaas »

tolipanebas wrote: 17 Oct 2017, 15:11 Some more news on this: the plan signed off by LH is to have 2 A340 planes up and running end of March next year already, with 2 more being added every IATA season, to a total of 6 for summer 2019!
Initial destinations are likely to be: Los Angeles, Miami, New York, ...
The growth from DUS comes on top of the growth in BRU of course... ;)
Which growth for SN? SHL yes but LHL nothing has been announced so far out of BRU...

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

Do the Q400 of Brussels Airlines will leave the fleet and come back to flyBe at the end of this month ?
Hi. I'm Thibault Lapers. @ThibaultLapers & @TLspotting

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

LeFreak wrote: 17 Oct 2017, 15:23 Aircraft flown by newly hired german crews, our own crews are left in the cold :evil: total disrespect from management
Do you have enough people fluent in German among the current crew? And anyway, what prevents Belgians (and current crew) to apply for positions in Dusseldorf if they speak German fluently?

I think this is a nice opportunity for the German-speaking Belgians in the "Ostkantonen".
André
ex Sabena #26567

DeltaWiskey

Post by DeltaWiskey »

LeFreak wrote: 17 Oct 2017, 15:23 Aircraft flown by newly hired german crews, our own crews are left in the cold :evil: total disrespect from management
Why do you feel so negative? I am sure Belgian crew can apply for a position in DUS, if that is what they prefer. Are you currently SN crew? Why do you think you are left in the cold?

I think we have to look at it from the bright side. If the deal works well, Brussels Airlines will become a strong(er) partner within the "Eurowings Group", with a more and more decision-making power. Why would this be a bad thing?

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Are They going to be on a belgian register or german register? Gently spoonfeeding the EW culture into Brussels Airlines until the mindsets are ready for a name change?

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

BRUflyer wrote: 17 Oct 2017, 14:56 Based in DUS, operated by and crew from SN. Complicated.
Sadly, not complicated at all.
It's a clear view on what's next : eurowings colors. SN staff. Based in Germany.
First for 6 A340 and then the rest of the fleet.

Reminds me of ING : "Of course we will keep the name BBL in Belgium"
Gently spoonfeeding the EW culture into Brussels Airlines until the mindsets are ready for a name change?
;)
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

LeFreak

Post by LeFreak »

sn26567 wrote: 17 Oct 2017, 15:46
Do you have enough people fluent in German among the current crew? And anyway, what prevents Belgians (and current crew) to apply for positions in Dusseldorf if they speak German fluently?

I think this is a nice opportunity for the German-speaking Belgians in the "Ostkantonen".
and why would I have to speak german to fly out of DUS? for cabin I can understand the need to speak German with the pax, but I see no issue in the cockpit
viva jumbolino!

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

sean1982 wrote: 17 Oct 2017, 15:58 Are they going to be on a belgian register or german register?
On the Belgian register and under our existing AOC, Sean. ;)
sean1982 wrote: 17 Oct 2017, 15:58Gently spoonfeeding the EW culture into Brussels Airlines until the mindsets are ready for a name change?
EW is going to move their product well into the direction of our highly successful hybrid model...
You may expect them to officially announce the introduction of a true business class product soon for instance, as the planes we will operate for them, will all have it, just like the ones SN operates for itself. ;)

EW is going to be turned into a German copy of SN faster than you can imagine as an outsider, and not surprisingly so: we are extremely successful at what we're doing and this has not gone unnoticed at Lufthansa: the sudden collapse and subsequent take-over of most of Air Berlin routes made a quick re-orientation of Eurowings a must and the only way to do it is to rely on SN to achieve it as we are very close to what Air Berlin was, but then far more successful. ;)

BTW- who cares what name is on the side of a plane anyway, if Brussels Airlines can operate no less than 17 widebodies in due time (11 from BRU, 6 from DUS)? But of course, for some people its bad news when a Belgian airline announces to add 2 widebodies next year, plus 4 more in the course of the 12 months following on that...

Not to mention we also be having 1 (possibly 2) additional A330 frames at Brussels Airlines ourselves as the replacement planes for the current fleet will come in 'too soon' in early 2018 already...
Now, without wanting to break news which is still pending a final decision, but you don't really believe they'll be sitting on the ground for 6 months over summer season, do you? ;)

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

tolipanebas wrote: 17 Oct 2017, 16:22
sean1982 wrote: 17 Oct 2017, 15:58 Are they going to be on a belgian register or german register?
On the Belgian register and under our existing AOC, Sean. ;)
sean1982 wrote: 17 Oct 2017, 15:58Gently spoonfeeding the EW culture into Brussels Airlines until the mindsets are ready for a name change?
EW is going to move their product well into the direction of our highly successful hybrid model...
You may expect them to officially announce the introduction of a true business class product soon for instance, as the planes we will operate for them, will all have it, just like the ones SN operates for itself. ;)

EW is going to be turned into a German copy of SN faster than you can imagine as an outsider, and not surprisingly so: we are extremely successful at what we're doing and this has not gone unnoticed at Lufthansa: the sudden collapse and subsequent take-over of most of Air Berlin routes made a quick re-orientation of Eurowings a must and the only way to do it is to rely on SN to achieve it.
Who cares what name is on the side of a plane anyway, if Brussels Airlines can operate no less than 17 widebodies in due time (11 from BRU, 6 from DUS)?
But of course, for some people its bad news when a Belgian airline announces to add 2 widebodies next year, plus 4 more in the course of the 12 months following on that...

Not to mention we also be having 1 (possibly 2) additional A330 frames at Brussels Airlines ourselves as the replacement planes for the current fleet will come in 'too soon' early 2018 already: now, without wanting to break news which is still pending, but you don't really believe they'll be sitting on the ground for 6 months over summer season, do you? ;)
Obviously the growth is a positive thing for SN, anyone who'd disagree with that is a fool. As a Belgian citizen though I think it's quite sad to see the airline "germanise". A Belgian icon plane with "eurowings" on the side won't be the same. When I look at the highest spending customers in my current airline, they blatantly state: I fly BA, not for their nice airplanes, not because they offer the best service, not because of their Hub airport, but because I feel "at home" from the moment I step on board. Surely the name is just one piece of that, but an airline identity is extremely important I feel.

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

sean1982 wrote: 17 Oct 2017, 16:32
Obviously the growth is a positive thing for SN, anyone who'd disagree with that is a fool. As a Belgian citizen though I think it's quite sad to see the airline "germanise". A Belgian icon plane with "eurowings" on the side won't be the same. When I look at the highest spending customers in my current airline, they blatantly state: I fly BA, not for their nice airplanes, not because they offer the best service, not because of their Hub airport, but because I feel "at home" from the moment I step on board. Surely the name is just one piece of that, but an airline identity is extremely important I feel.
Who says that the Brussels Airlines brand will disappear? It's nowhere written that it will be gone. For the German market SN will operate under the EW brand but for Belgium AFAIK everything will stay the same.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Bralo20 wrote: 17 Oct 2017, 16:49
sean1982 wrote: 17 Oct 2017, 16:32
Who says that the Brussels Airlines brand will disappear? It's nowhere written that it will be gone. For the German market SN will operate under the EW brand but for Belgium AFAIK everything will stay the same.
tolipanebas wrote: 17 Oct 2017, 16:22 BTW- who cares what name is on the side of a plane anyway, if Brussels Airlines can operate no less than 17 widebodies in due time (11 from BRU, 6 from DUS)?

PttU

Post by PttU »

So it's ACMI? Like CityJet flies on SN-routes in SN colors but with CityJet crew and aircraft, will SN fly on EuroWings-routes in Eurowings colors but with SN crew and aircraft?

Yuqu12

Post by Yuqu12 »

Indeed, and doesn't this mean that if a flight is delayed/cancelled, the costs are for SN?

AIRMARSHAL

Post by AIRMARSHAL »

Are they talking about A340-300 or the more recent A340-600 as LH is phasing out the latter one according to wiki?
Last edited by AIRMARSHAL on 17 Oct 2017, 18:20, edited 2 times in total.

convair

Post by convair »

Yuqu12 wrote: 17 Oct 2017, 17:11 Indeed, and doesn't this mean that if a flight is delayed/cancelled, the costs are for SN?
That's a matter of negotiation between EW and SN I would think.

Anyway, this is great news for SN!
Last edited by convair on 17 Oct 2017, 18:21, edited 1 time in total.

Yuqu12

Post by Yuqu12 »

AIRMARSHAL wrote: 17 Oct 2017, 18:09 Are they talking about A340-300 or the more recent A340-600 as LH is phasing out the latter one according to wiki?
The article of flightlevel.be states it'll be the A340-300.