Brussels Airlines in 2017

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

DannyVDB

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2017

Post by DannyVDB »

brusselsairlinesfan wrote: 14 Feb 2017, 17:40
sn26567 wrote: 13 Feb 2017, 16:50 I don't know if it has already been mentioned, but in January 2017, Brussels Airlines (growth of 8%) outperformed again Brussels Airport (+3.5%), thus increasing again its market share at Brussels Airport. Lufthansa, take notice!

SN: https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/brussel ... s-january/
BRU: https://www.aviation24.be/airports/brussel ... nuary-3-5/
Indeed, brussels airlines still show some amazing growth figures in January '17! Their market share @ BRU should be around 35% by now... If you add all of their PAX flying under codeshares, maybe you would obtain 40% or so? Still a long road until the 50% market share @ BRU but SN is undoubtly on the right track!
In January SN market share was 33%. Be aware that even when SN isgrowing 8% and the airport 'only' 3.5% the share is not affected dramatically. In fact it went up from 32 to 33%.

Just maths ;)

Danny

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

DannyVDB wrote: 14 Feb 2017, 21:13
brusselsairlinesfan wrote: 14 Feb 2017, 17:40
sn26567 wrote: 13 Feb 2017, 16:50 I don't know if it has already been mentioned, but in January 2017, Brussels Airlines (growth of 8%) outperformed again Brussels Airport (+3.5%), thus increasing again its market share at Brussels Airport. Lufthansa, take notice!

SN: https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/brussel ... s-january/
BRU: https://www.aviation24.be/airports/brussel ... nuary-3-5/
Indeed, brussels airlines still show some amazing growth figures in January '17! Their market share @ BRU should be around 35% by now... If you add all of their PAX flying under codeshares, maybe you would obtain 40% or so? Still a long road until the 50% market share @ BRU but SN is undoubtly on the right track!
In January SN market share was 33%. Be aware that even when SN isgrowing 8% and the airport 'only' 3.5% the share is not affected dramatically. In fact it went up from 32 to 33%.

Just maths ;)

Danny
Thank you for being more precise and please forgive me to become so enthusiastic when it is comes on brussels airlines, my fav' by far ! ;-)

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

Hi Ansett,

Well personally I want to use the IAD flight when offered. In March I have to go to the Worldbank, need using UA for that (winter season). In May I have to go for another conference in Washington and certainly will book on SN :D ...

I think - but don't know for sure - that SN is doing well on IAD. Wondering when they will go year-around though ...

Cheers,
Danny

Freken

Post by Freken »

A brand new advertisement based on the popular SNBA Mr. Smith has been launched today with the 15th anniversary of Brussels Airlines. A must-see for everyone who has seen the old SNBA version as well!

NEW:
OLD:
Last edited by sn26567 on 15 Feb 2017, 18:32, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: youtube format

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Freken wrote: 15 Feb 2017, 17:18 A brand new advertisement based on the popular SNBA Mr. Smith has been launched today with the 15th anniversary of Brussels Airlines. A must-see for everyone who has seen the old SNBA version as well!

NEW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GaUReEdHeM
OLD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59OuBfitxiw
Article: https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/brussel ... niversary/

brusselsairlinesfan

DeltaWiskey wrote: 09 Feb 2017, 20:06
sean1982 wrote: 09 Feb 2017, 15:18 A load factor of 63.9% is disappointing, seeing that their rivals are up in the 90% and it's crucial to the business model
A high (>90%) loadfactor is not crucial to SN's business model.
I must admit I was a bit surprised regarding the load factor figures. I flew brussels airlines to Prague in december and to Malaga this month and these flights were almost 100% full! This leads me to the question : What are the most performing / unperforming SN flights (destinations)?

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

It seems that the period for checking in by Internet becomes shorter every month. Last year you could check in from 00:01 the day before your flight. Last month the 24 hour rule was strictly enforced. Now it seems to be 23 hours: 24 hours before taking a flight tomorrow the new SN app tells me to wait one more hour before I can check in!
André
ex Sabena #26567

ezis_bis

Post by ezis_bis »

sn26567 wrote: 16 Feb 2017, 11:32 It seems that the period for checking in by Internet becomes shorter every month. Last year you could check in from 00:01 the day before your flight. Last month the 24 hour rule was strictly enforced. Now it seems to be 23 hours: 24 hours before taking a flight tomorrow the new SN app tells me to wait one more hour before I can check in!
I noticed this a few months ago with LH as well
When it rains in Frankfurt..

brusselsairlinesfan

luchtzak wrote: 15 Feb 2017, 18:00
Freken wrote: 15 Feb 2017, 17:18 A brand new advertisement based on the popular SNBA Mr. Smith has been launched today with the 15th anniversary of Brussels Airlines. A must-see for everyone who has seen the old SNBA version as well!

NEW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GaUReEdHeM
OLD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59OuBfitxiw
Article: https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/brussel ... niversary/
These are amazing ads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jetter

Post by Jetter »

flywithUs wrote: 14 Feb 2017, 10:07On top of that, with recent figures about BRU and SN, we can guess they have begun to bite into Noord-Brabant and Nord-Pas-de-Calais.
Not sure how you can argue that, based on the facts the opposite seems true :(

January O&D growth:
BRU: +5,4%
AMS: +13% :shock:
PAR (CDG+ORY): +~8%.

brusselsairlinesfan

2017 being the year of brussels airlines 15th birthday (btw, happy b. day again SN!), I propose all forum members to post here about their own most noticeable memories/experience regarding the belgian carrier since its creation!
As for myself :
- my first flight (operated by DAT) from BRU to HEL on an Avro right after the demise of legendary Sabena. I should have flown to PRG with Sabena but the flight was canceled and DAT could not operate it (no traffic rights). As it was a leisure flight, the guy @ the SN counter just told us to have a look at the depatures board and select a flight of our choice!
- a flight to Florence in 2003 with my girlfriend (for personal reason)
- the inaugural BRU - JFK flight. Fully loaded flight, first time I discovered the new l/h aircraft interior, great atmosphere... even a lttle conversation with Mr. Bernard GUSTIN @ the departure gate (a very nice customer & ops oriented CEO... or certainly the right man at the right place I would say...).

Now what about YOU?!
Last edited by brusselsairlinesfan on 20 Feb 2017, 18:51, edited 2 times in total.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

I have a lot of good memories with Brussels Airlines,but also the first time my flight appeared in the news paper for strong turbulence...
http://m.standaard.be/cnt/dmf20140428_01084448

And my first flight with Brussels Airlines was from Geneva to Brussels with a Avro...
Hasta la victoria siempre.

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

My best sn memories :
First flight with them SN ARJ to BHX, Partyflight TML, Korongo livery Bae146 to PRG and Magritte and Rackham press moments !
Hope more to come !
Congratz btw ;)
CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

Jetter wrote: 17 Feb 2017, 22:15
flywithUs wrote: 14 Feb 2017, 10:07On top of that, with recent figures about BRU and SN, we can guess they have begun to bite into Noord-Brabant and Nord-Pas-de-Calais.
Not sure how you can argue that, based on the facts the opposite seems true :(

January O&D growth:
BRU: +5,4%
AMS: +13% :shock:
PAR (CDG+ORY): +~8%.
BRU still suffering from 22/03 and it's the first January that AMS has 9W ops...

brusselsairlinesfan

All in all, the end of 2016 and january '17 show satisfying figures for BRU and nice figures for SN!

Jetter

Post by Jetter »

Fully agree given the circumstances, I only doubted that based on the numbers there's any reason to assume they have begun to bite into Noord-Brabant and Nord-Pas-de-Calais.

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

I flew to BCN on that very 15FEB, honestly not remembering this was the "bday", and got a small box of chocolates upon arriving at the Loft.
Same thing on board + a nice card offering a 15% discount on a return ticket to be booked through 01MAR for a flight before year-end.

This evening flight (A319) had a LF of ...101%. I got an e-mail offering 250 EUR against postponing to the next day and apparently they had to deny boarding to one person.
Return flight on Friday afternoon (A320) was also pretty full at 97% LF. The purser told me that quite a number of flights enjoy this high LF, even Biarritz and he said that AGP must be booked well in advance these days.

It is not statistically representative but I take the bus to BCN several times a month and very often see a (nearly) full boat; with a mix of young backpackers and business people.
Hence the question raised by Brusselsairlinesfan : what are the destinations that are under-performing?

H.A.

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

Hi all,

I think the picture of empty/full flights is very variable. It is not necessary linked to one destination or so. I know for example that my two recent flights to MXP were not full at all: one at 50 and the other around 60%. Also Nice was not full on my two legs (last week). I often fly MXP and most of the time these are not entirely full, so not surprised they intend to use the Sukhoi on this destination. On the other hand on every flight to MXP (and return) there are between 5 and 10 people travelling to/from EC JRC , so not the lowest ticket prices (but no business either) ...

Also, don't forget that for Warsaw, Toulouse and Oslo capacity increase with 45% !! I doubt they can fill this extra capacity in one go (one season) ...

Moreover, for some destinations it make more sense to have smaller planes.

Cheers,
Danny

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

True ! I often fly to BCN, MAD, BIO or BOD ( only summer too bad ) and LF is often 100%.

I remember one of my first flight SN ( Sabena ) flight from BRU to Paris Le Bourget with La Caravelle. I was 12 years old and flew alone. Family waiting me there. Back from ORY with an other Caravelle of AF. I discovered a world that would excite me.
I remember too a canceled SN ( Sabena ) flight to BOD ( Unions strike )...tranfer to ORY with bus, for taking an Air Inter flight to Mérignac in the 90's.
I remember the time too I flew SN to GRU and back with VASP or maybe those were two différents flights bcs no code sharing at this time ...do not remember.
My last one YYZ...was fantastic. Really good service...but on transatlantic, african and asian flights I fly more with AF/KL...more dots on the map and minus problems with fleet ! Sadness...but that's the reality ! :-)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

I flew BRU-BIO and BCN-BRU this Friday and both A319s had a LF of over 90%. Thus I am also wondering which destinations are below average.
André
ex Sabena #26567