Brussels Airlines in 2017

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

JOVAN

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2017

Post by JOVAN »

Jetter wrote: 21 Feb 2017, 13:45
brusselsairlinesfan wrote: 21 Feb 2017, 00:40 Regarding the brand, I don't see them spliting it in different names for long haul and short haul operations... way too fuzzy! A nice choice and compromise could be to name it all Belgianwings as it would keep the belgian identity together with the characteristic -wings name/brand. Again, this is pure speculation... so what do you think?
I think that LH will look at the brand portfolio of the whole group when deciding and won't care about Belgian identity. 'Wings' isn't a very distinctive part of an airline brand either (GermanWings, Wings Air, SmartWings, AsianWings etc.), and knowing LH just ditched GermanWings it doesn't seem likely they'll create a new national 'Wings' brand.

The most logical solution is EuroWings for the European business and "Brussels Airlines" or "Lufthansa Africa/Belgium" (they've done this before with Lufthansa Italia) for the African business.

Many present SN customers will avoid low cost low service EuroWings.

transfer in FRA is a punishment, and a shame for an airline like LH.

Time to reconsider KLM.

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

The most logical solution is EuroWings for the European business and "Brussels Airlines" or "Lufthansa Africa/Belgium" (they've done this before with Lufthansa Italia) for the African business.
And why not Brussels wings or Belgian wings or Waffles wings...I do not know for European and leisure destinations and Sabena for intercontinental flights ? :shock:

Jetter

Post by Jetter »

nordikcam wrote: 21 Feb 2017, 18:50And why not Brussels wings or Belgian wings or Waffles wings...I do not know for European and leisure destinations and Sabena for intercontinental flights ? :shock:
Because it would add a brandname, when LH looks at all the brands in it's portfolio they probably conclude they have enough already (the same number as the other 2 large European airline groups combined). There's an advantage to keeping brandnames that are already familiar, there's no such advantage when adding yet another brand.

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

brusselsairlinesfan wrote: 21 Feb 2017, 00:40 Regarding the brand, I don't see them spliting it in different names for long haul and short haul operations... way too fuzzy! A nice choice and compromise could be to name it all Belgianwings as it would keep the belgian identity together with the characteristic -wings name/brand. Again, this is pure speculation... so what do you think?
I think that LH will look at the brand portfolio of the whole group when deciding and won't care about Belgian identity. 'Wings' isn't a very distinctive part of an airline brand either (GermanWings, Wings Air, SmartWings, AsianWings etc.), and knowing LH just ditched GermanWings it doesn't seem likely they'll create a new national 'Wings' brand.

Again, I don't see them using 2 brands for respectively european and intercontinental flights... that would be too fuzzy for the passengers and especially transfer PAX! Also I think they will take into consideration that most belgians are sensitive to their "own" airline...

Jetter

Post by Jetter »

brusselsairlinesfan wrote: 21 Feb 2017, 23:09Again, I don't see them using 2 brands for respectively european and intercontinental flights... that would be too fuzzy for the passengers and especially transfer PAX!
With all the code-sharing and cooperation within joint-ventures and alliances going on today it's become very normal to have 1 itinerary and multiple carriers. Just look at flight KL1171 i.e., it has flight-numbers of 6 different airlines and all those passengers will have 1 trip with multiple carriers. If that would be 'too fuzzy' it wouldn't be such a common practice.
Also I think they will take into consideration that most belgians are sensitive to their "own" airline...
I doubt this is true, Belgians aren't known to adhere to their own brands (besides beer maybe :) ). Just look at how much resistance there is against expansion and noise from BRU. Compare that to AMS, that has seen much less resistance while growing much faster and being in a heavily populated area as well, partially because the Dutch (politicians) want KL to prosper, while Belgians seem to care more about a bit of noise than the succes of SN. Even if Belgium would be sensitive to their "own" airline, pricing and convenience will always be more important factors (as in any other country).

Predixs

Post by Predixs »

I just saw this on an Austrian aviation website,

Brussels Airlines will send it's "Fourth" special livery jet to Vienna this Friday! :o

In German: http://www.austrianaviation.net/detail/ ... -auf-wien/
Wouter C.

Thomaaas

Post by Thomaaas »

Predixs wrote: 22 Feb 2017, 12:43 I just saw this on an Austrian aviation website,

Brussels Airlines will send it's "Fourth" special livery jet to Vienna this Friday! :o

Will be revealed soon ;)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Predixs wrote: 22 Feb 2017, 12:43 Brussels Airlines will send it's "Fourth" special livery jet to Vienna this Friday! :o
Eurowings colours? :twisted:
André
ex Sabena #26567

Crosswind

Post by Crosswind »

De smurfen !

brusselsairlinesfan

Predixs wrote: 22 Feb 2017, 12:43 I just saw this on an Austrian aviation website,

What a nice surprise!!! A well hidden secret... well done again brussels airlines !!!

skumfiduse

Post by skumfiduse »

According to Flightradar OO-SNF arrived as SN9902 in BRU on 21 February in the middle of the night.

convair

Post by convair »

skumfiduse wrote: 22 Feb 2017, 14:23 According to Flightradar OO-SNF arrived as SN9902 in BRU on 21 February in the middle of the night.
convair wrote: 13 Feb 2017, 12:34 OO-SNF flew to East Midlands on February 6 as SN9901. Paint job?
That was it, then! :)

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

Crosswind wrote: 22 Feb 2017, 14:04 De smurfen !
No, not the smurfen ;)
Best regards,

Airbuske

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Maybe Lucky luke :?:
Hasta la victoria siempre.

convair

Post by convair »

Davignon? ;) Mathilde? ;) A man with a red bow-tie? ;) Delphine? ;) Céline? ;) Geert? ;)

MD-11forever

Post by MD-11forever »

Beer? Chocolates?
(almost the only Belgian products we can be proud on)

lenain258

Post by lenain258 »

Maybe the schtroumpfs 😉

Crosswind

Post by Crosswind »

Let's try to be logic. The first was about comics. The second about painting. Rest the architecture, sculpture, plastic art and... music. Jacques Brel could be a serious candidate. Food can be ignored (what a delusion to see frites/mosselen painted on an aircraft !). Writer ? Could be, there are a lot. Science ? Affirm, recent nobel prize Englert, but as well Georges Lemaître.

Curious.

brabel

Post by brabel »

Crosswind wrote: 22 Feb 2017, 14:04 De smurfen !
This would be so nice! Let's hope it will be... :D

brusselsairlinesfan

Regarding the 4th "belgian" icons, my bet on music : Adolphe Sax, Modeste Grétry, Jacques Brel, Deus, Hooverphonic, Selah Sue, Clouseau, Stromae, belgian festivals and all I forgot to mention here (please forgive me)... Lots to celebrate on one plane!