2017 Liège Airport (LGG/EBLG) latest news

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Nevihta

Re: 2017 Liège Airport (LGG/EBLG) latest news

Post by Nevihta »

On an other hand, we can expect some extra big cargo aircraft in Liege as a new deal coud be signed, more info to follow...

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Finger crossed for fedex and 15 777 per day ;)
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

A few days ago luchtzak.be made a terrible mistake on an outdated article about VIM Airlines. Which we removed.

However the fact that VIM Airlines filed for bankruptcy in 2015 and re-started operations shorthly after still stands.

Two weeks ago the curator of a bank has asked to pay back a loan of 16.000.000€

How this will affect the operations for Liege Airport is currently unknown ...

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/vim-air ... l-onwards/

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Completely missed that very good news... l'echo seems to be the only one to report it

https://m.lecho.be/actualite_archive/Fe ... 857333.art

Fedex flights are confirmed from april, from memphis to china.
The second track might be use more often.
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Acid-drop wrote: 21 Feb 2017, 20:15 Fedex flights are confirmed from april, from memphis to china.
Very good news indeed: it seems to confirm that FedEx wants to keep a hub at Liege.

Surprising that the news doesn't make more ... noise :mrgreen:
André
ex Sabena #26567

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

Acid-drop wrote: 21 Feb 2017, 20:15 Completely missed that very good news... l'echo seems to be the only one to report it

https://m.lecho.be/actualite_archive/Fe ... 857333.art

Fedex flights are confirmed from april, from memphis to china.
The second track might be use more often.
Congrats!!!

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

sn26567 wrote: 21 Feb 2017, 21:47
Acid-drop wrote: 21 Feb 2017, 20:15 Fedex flights are confirmed from april, from memphis to china.
Very good news indeed: it seems to confirm that FedEx wants to keep a hub at Liege.

Surprising that the news doesn't make more ... noise :mrgreen:
maybe because those fedex flights are not enough to compensate the loss of 3 777...

Desert Rat

Post by Desert Rat »

Let's hope the action of the Brussels government will bring more cargo to Liege..it is the best time now for Liege airport commercial representative to approach Vazentem customers.

flightlover

Post by flightlover »

Desert Rat wrote: 22 Feb 2017, 12:31 Let's hope the action of the Brussels government will bring more cargo to Liege..it is the best time now for Liege airport commercial representative to approach Vazentem customers.
The only way LGG and CRL can grow: in an artificial way. Screw with one airports operations and hope some crumbles will fall in their mouth.

Desert Rat

Post by Desert Rat »

For CRL it is already more than crumbles...for LGG it's time to take advantage of the situation and become the only cargo airport in Belgium.
We can see with the siderurgy and sidmar, the shift south to north...let's rebalance things and grab the business the Trump's way...without compromises!

flightlover

Post by flightlover »

Desert Rat wrote: 22 Feb 2017, 12:48 For CRL it is already more than crumbles...for LGG it's time to take advantage of the situation and become the only cargo airport in Belgium.
We can see with the siderurgy and sidmar, the shift south to north...let's rebalance things and grab the business the Trump's way...without compromises!
Ok, but do not expect any monetary transfer any more. Time to cough up the dough yourself.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

As I said already, I don't believe LGG will win much from the noise mess :
Companies that could move did the move already, LGG is better, cheaper, no slots, no curfew, no bullshit.
Companies that need belly cargo will never come.
Let's close it here, because i see a huge potential for extremist useless talks here.
Time to cough up the dough yourself.
Exactly what they started 10 years ago and that's why both CRL and LGG are very successfull. Thank you for caring.

flightlover

Post by flightlover »

Acid-drop wrote: 22 Feb 2017, 13:13 As I said already, I don't believe LGG will win much from the noise mess :
Companies that could move did the move already, LGG is better, cheaper, no slots, no curfew, no bullshit.
Companies that need belly cargo will never come.
Let's close it here, because i see a huge potential for extremist useless talks here.
Time to cough up the dough yourself.
Exactly what they started 10 years ago and that's why both CRL and LGG are very successfull. Thank you for caring.
With money from Flanders, and without paying ATC services as they where delivered to them....
Easy to invest no?
O and how where the Walloon finances doing these days? Yep, with high deficits. But keep on dreaming about the pot of gold the Walloons think they have.

Desert Rat

Post by Desert Rat »

We are talking about commercial policy that should be adopted by LGG to capture more traffic and increase their business...I don't see the relationship between vlooms money and LGG business...stay on topic please

Crosswind

Post by Crosswind »

Concerning LGG, I have a question. What kind of business is currently flying out there (cargo) ? TNT, that goes without saying, but what about foreign companies ? What kind of cargo, for which destinations ? What are the real (+) and (-) of LGG over Brussels Airport ? Can we compare those two businesses ?

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Liege Airport appoints Dutch Franz Heuckeroth van Hessen to key role

Liege Airport has appointed Franz Heuckeroth van Hessen as vice president of air services and he will start the role from 1 May this year.

He will join from his role as cargo director and sales at Cologne Bonn Airport, where he has been since 2008.

Liege Airport chief executive officer, Luc Partoune praised Franz’s qualifications and expects him to be a tremendous added value for the company, adding: “Franz has a huge experience in the air cargo business and a large expertise in the logistics services and customers relationship. He has acquired along his career a deep respect and confidence all over the international cargo community.

“With this addition to the cargo team, Liege airport will reinforce the leadership in the full cargo world and achieve the excellence in air services in Europe by creating a real Flexpress airport. We are excited to work together and develop the vision of integrated airport services into the Flexpress product
.”

Source: Air Cargo Week
André
ex Sabena #26567

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

That seems to be excellent !

Stij

Post by Stij »

Can we please keep the political BRU vs. Brussels region discussion to 1 (one) topic? Thank-you!

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=60456

Stij

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

Stij wrote: 22 Feb 2017, 16:56 Can we please keep the political BRU vs. Brussels region discussion to 1 (one) topic? Thank-you!

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=60456

Stij
It become a sterile discussion....
It's more a battle of words with politics, far away from air...lines, ports or whatever
:evil:

simulator

Post by simulator »

Acid-drop wrote: 03 Feb 2017, 11:11 http://aircargoworld.com/qatar-adds-fou ... f-flights/

The first flight of qatar cargo to their new destination in south america left from LGG.

It looks like LUX and LGG are potentially sharing everything.

Edit : it seems to be due to a parking limitation in LUX
"Qatar frage regelmäßig an, ob Flüge möglich sind, so Jossart, was aber aufgrund der begrenzten Parkplatzsituation mit derzeit acht Stellplätzen nicht immer der Fall sei, zumindest nicht zu den gewünschten Zeiten. Wie Qatar-CCO Ulrich Ogiermann am Samstag dazu auf Anfrage erklärte, nutze Qatar Airways aufgrund der Parkplatzproblematik wieder verstärkt den Flughafen Liège."
"Qatar regularly asked whether flights were possible, according to Jossart, but this is not always the case due to the limited parking situation with currently eight parking spaces, at least not at the desired times. As Qatar-CCO Ulrich Ogiermann stated on Saturday on request, Qatar Airways is increasingly using Liège airport due to the parking problem."

Qatar people, dont bother with LUX when LGG can do it all ! :)
But yeah... lets not forget why they started : kill cargolux.
A bit like ryanair in BRU in the end...
@ Acid
can you show link / reveal source where it's mentioned that QR wants to kill CV? interested to see that....personaly I can not believe that a foreign airline would have pleasure in killing a homecarrier.... seems to me this would be commercial suicide on the long term....not a single government would allow a homecarrier to be 'killed' by an outside player....
info I have is that CV has been 'dormant' for too long thinking they were untouchable and rulers of the cargo world..... until a new player arrived on the scene and woke them up..... too late? Future will show...

as for QR in LGG..... everybody in LGG knows that QR had the intention to make it a (the?) major hub for Europe, but that their plans had to be changed in favour of LUX due to the appaling level of service from the handling agent in LGG and the total lack of improvement from that side. Pity that all the good work from LGG Airport Authorities in attracting new carriers and markets are being killed by a handling agent which refuses to improve its services....