Ryanair in 2017

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sean1982

Re: Ryanair in 2017

Post by sean1982 »

KriVa wrote: 22 Dec 2017, 09:57 And don't you think the pilots and cabin crew tried to keep the passengers out of this conflict for as long as they could? It's not like they just start a strike for the fun of it, which you still seem to believe. They have been trying to employ other ways, lots of them. But at a certain point, enough is enough, and only hard action will make the other party come to the table, to even start the negotiations, let alone finish them.
There's no way to play both sides here, and "hurt" FR, and keep the passengers out of the conflict.
Even so, at any other company, it wouldn't need to come to an actual strike, but we've seen before that that's not really an option here.
The Ryanair strike is actually the first one I would support ever. I would urge ALL pilots and cabin crew to walk out for at least a week and they will get whatever they want. Having stood on the barricades for a long time inside the company and getting nowhere is ultimately what made me leave. When I read that Peter Bellew is coming back and giving interviews saying that "Ryanair's tone towards it's employees has become to harsh" that really made me laugh because he is the one that installed it. During my 13,5 years there, there were only 2 things that mattered... safety (thankfully) and money. Most people, at least on a Ryanair contract, don't even complain about money because it is industry standard, however there is NO flexibility or understanding towards any personal issues and the sales pressure is enormous.

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

epsilon wrote: 22 Dec 2017, 10:01
KriVa wrote: 22 Dec 2017, 09:57 Even so, at any other company, it wouldn't need to come to an actual strike, but we've seen before that that's not really an option here.
Tell that to Lufthansa pilots and BA cabincrew...
Quite true, I forgot about those, thanks for the reminder ;-)
Thomas

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Recent factual reports about the strike:

http://www.zeit.de/wirtschaft/unternehm ... ng-cockpit
and
http://www.rp-online.de/wirtschaft/unte ... -1.7282815

An den Flughafen in Köln/Bonn und Weeze waren mehrere Flugverbindungen von dem Ausstand betroffen. Die Abflugszeiten für die Flüge von Weeze nach Gran Canaria, Bari und Alicante wurden mehrfach nach hinten verschoben. Die Maschinen sollten ursprünglich zwischen 7 und 8 Uhr starten. Tatsächlich starteten mehrere Flieger erst nach 9 Uhr.

Am Flughafen Köln/Bonn müssen sich Fluggäste des Ryanair-Flugs nach Kopenhagen dagegen noch etwas gedulden. Der Abflug wurde am Morgen von 6.25 auf 16.30 Uhr verschoben. Später wurde auch der Ryanair-Flug nach Bristol verschoben. Statt um 11.05 Uhr soll die Maschine erst um 20.25 Uhr starten. Ryanair nahm zunächst keine Stellung zu den Folgen des Piloten-Warnstreiks.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »