Brussels region noise regulation

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Acid-drop

Re: Brussels region noise regulation

Post by Acid-drop »

Indeed, probably a lot of similarities...
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

teach

Post by teach »

Stij wrote: 07 Mar 2017, 22:09
Acid-drop wrote: 07 Mar 2017, 20:09 Milan center to malpenza : 50min
Brussels center to LGG : 55min
And just like in milan, BRU will stay a business airport like linate :)
And nobody in Milan likes Malpensa and Linate is still open... and remains the airport of choice when you have to be in Milan City Center and they even build a subway now to Linate Airport...

Cheers,

Stij
Not only that, the split between the airports is seen as one of the reasons Alitalia is such a basket case. Milan, being the economic center of Italy, would be an ideal location for them to build a serious hub operation. But they can't, because they can't do it from Linate (not allowed), and building the hub from Malpensa would mean they'd get creamed for the very important business traffic by the competition that keeps flying to Linate.

Suggesting a similar solution for Brussels, With BRU being a Linate-like business / city airport and everything else moving to LGG or CRL would be an absolute nightmare scenario for Brussels Airlines. They'd pretty much have to kiss any chance of growth goodbye.

And all of that for a problem that will solve, and is solving itself anyway: the new generation of aircraft now coming online are again a LOT quieter than the currect generation, and they're going to start taking over and forming the bulk of the operations over the following years.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

It's unbelievable how some people insist and persist that it's possible to move operations from BRU to LGG without massive loss of jobs at BRU. It's about the same nonsense as Guy Vanhengel (VLD) who said that "the airport can easily be moved 1,8 kms more eastwards". And he wasn't talking about 25L only.

ostair

Post by ostair »

Don't forget in 2001, BIAC had EBOS in their hands in did nothing with it!
The Dutch aiportcompany at Schiphol are much smarter with Lelystad.

EBOS could have been Lelystad to BIAC!!!
Cargo and lowcost noise...

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

ostair wrote: 08 Mar 2017, 02:23 Don't forget in 2001, BIAC had EBOS in their hands in did nothing with it!

I don't think the guys from http://wiloo.be Ostend would let that happen.

Stij

Post by Stij »

About "moving an airport"...

If I'm correct, there was NEVER an airport moved because of "noise", but always because of "lack of space", MUC, DEN, OSL, THF, TXL... all were space constrained, and then they were moved to land were the noise issue was solved as well...

And none underwent a billion € expansion in the decade before.

Stij

ostair

Post by ostair »

Passenger wrote: 08 Mar 2017, 07:53
ostair wrote: 08 Mar 2017, 02:23 Don't forget in 2001, BIAC had EBOS in their hands in did nothing with it!

I don't think the guys from http://wiloo.be Ostend would let that happen.
Two men and a horse head.
Asking for the airport to be transparent but they do everything to hide the origin of their funds.
Who pays the lawyers, courtcases,etc.
Their members?? LOL

But back ontopic.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

AMS Amsterdam Airport Schiphol: 158.418 complaints in 2016 about aircraft noise comes from... the same 35 people.

Apart from that, the annual report from BAS / Bewoners Aanspreekpunt Schiphol is very impressive:
pdf 7,3 MB:
http://www.bezoekbas.nl/userfiles/Bas_J ... 16_web.pdf

sn-remember

Post by sn-remember »

About lin vs mxp ..
Allow me to get off topic for a moment ..
It seems to me a possible "solution" to many of AZ current ailments would consist in restricting lin operations to italian destinations only. Therefore the lin-fco strongly reinforced shuttle would represent the unique air link to a ww hub, bringing de facto a boost to az fco operation.
Why let muc(mainly)/fra/zrh/ams or cdg be the actual hub for Milano ?

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

High tension in the Wetstraat / Rue de la Loi. This Saturday (22nd April 2017), the Conflict of Interest from the Flemish government ends.

Wonder what will happen: will minister Bellot suddenly present his Aviation Law? Or will the federal government call a conflict of interest during its weekly counsil, on Friday?

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

The Brussels Court of Appeal condemned the State to compensate for the nuisances due to excessive use of Runway 01.

https://www.aviation24.be/airports/brussel ... runway-01/
André
ex Sabena #26567

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

sn26567 wrote: 18 Apr 2017, 18:50 The Brussels Court of Appeal condemned the State to compensate for the nuisances due to excessive use of Runway 01.

https://www.aviation24.be/airports/brussel ... runway-01/

The judgement of the Court of Appeal of Brussels condemning the Belgian State to compensate the residents of the eastern periphery of Brussels airport for excessive use of runway 01 reinforces the position of Brussels in the process in conflict of interest brought by the Flemish Region against the application of the “noise” decrees of the Brussels-Capital region and the injunctions brought by the regional government and 19 municipalities against the Belgian State for repeated violations of Brussels environmental legislation and the Constitution guaranteeing the right to a “healthy environment“, said Tuesday the head of the cdH group in the Brussels parliament, Benoît Cerexhe.

For Cerexhe, who is also the mayor of Woluwe-Saint-Pierre, one of the communes involved in the court actions, “this judgement gives full reason to all those who for years have been fighting against the way in which the Belgian State, the federal government and Belgocontrol use the wind criteria and manipulate them to knowingly and without any consideration other than communitarian reasons, send in great numbers to Brussels and the Oostrand flights which normally would have been flying over Flemish Brabant“.

The Court of Appeal rightly points out that the districts overflown during the landing phases on Runway 01 were built well before the development of Brussels airport, Cerexhe said. The cdH group in the Brussels parliament therefore called on the federal government to enforce without delay the judgement of the Court of Appeal and to “cease immediately and without false excuse the intensive and abusive use of a Runway 01 which is, and can only be, an auxiliary runway to be put into service only when the wind conditions are so difficult that the safety of the passengers and the inhabitants of the overflown areas necessitates it imperatively.”
Indeed. But what Cerexhe doesn't say, is that the court decision is for the period 2004-2011, with author of that plan Bert Anciaux.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

As from Saturday 22nd April 2017, 24h00, the Brussels Capital Region will impose the fines with a zero tolerance.

http://www.lesoir.be/1486534/article/ac ... rance-zero

http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws/polit ... =1.2956624

The Brussels government says that the fines will not be collected within the first 12 or 18 months. That's misleading nonsense. Once a fine has been imposed, it has to be paid. Airlines don't care that they only have to pay the fine next year. What matters form them, is that they will be fined as from next Saturday.

Unless, of course, the federal government calls a conflict of interest tomorrow...

ZavCity

Post by ZavCity »

Typical Belgian solution!!lets wait ....and not see that this is very bad for our airport...No new clients will come to BRU untill this stupid question has a solution..
gtz
paul

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Passenger wrote: 20 Apr 2017, 13:30 Unless, of course, the federal government calls a conflict of interest tomorrow...
The agenda from tomorrow's Council of Federal Ministers has been published, and there is no item about Brussels Airport on it. Unless it's one of the Varia topics. And unless the agenda is going to be amended later today.

http://www.presscenter.org/nl/pressrele ... april-2017

http://www.presscenter.org/fr/pressrele ... ?setlang=1

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Passenger wrote: 20 Apr 2017, 13:30 As from Saturday 22nd April 2017, 24h00, the Brussels Capital Region will impose the fines
I read on the contrary that the Brussels government pushed the PAUSE button.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

sn26567 wrote: 20 Apr 2017, 18:13
Passenger wrote: 20 Apr 2017, 13:30 As from Saturday 22nd April 2017, 24h00, the Brussels Capital Region will impose the fines
I read on the contrary that the Brussels government pushed the PAUSE button.
They say they've pushed the pause button, but they have not. They fines are implemented as from next Saturday night. The only "commitment" from Brussels Capital Region, is that airlines may the postpone the payment of the April 2017 fines till somewhere in 2018.

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

I read on the contrary
One can read many things on many media - but what @Passenger states conforms to what I heard on the radio news - no no, RTBF I mean.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

As soon as the first airline is officially noticed that it has been fined by Brussels, the Flemish government will call another Conflict of Interest. Reason: threat to employment in Flanders.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

jan_olieslagers wrote: 20 Apr 2017, 20:58
I read on the contrary
One can read many things on many media - but what @Passenger states conforms to what I heard on the radio news - no no, RTBF I mean.
Everybody is negotiating here and what I think is that the Brussels government want a solution for this national government.
So NVA takes is responsibility in this legislature ...
And want NVA try to do is to win time ....
That's my opinion.
Hasta la victoria siempre.